• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters
    Years
    I'll wait till the english versions are released. I'm in the middle of hg right now and plan to take a LOT longer, then I want to play explorers of time. so I can wait :)

what I don't understand is how people can afford to get both regions', and/or both versions... they're really too similar for it to be worth much to get both versions, and if you're getting the game from one region why get it from another? well I guess that's what they call a die-hard pokemon fan, eh?

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    Unfortunately for me, I'm waiting for the English versions. I can't read even one character in Japanese, so I feel like I'd be missing too much. I just wish they'd hurry up with the translation; you'd think they'd have this sort of thing down by now, wouldn't you? =/

Shnappy

First-ever pants pokemon
    Years
    Well, when the Japanese HG/SS came out, I saw there was bunch of events that could only be obtained if you have a Japanese HG/SS. This is the main reason I'm importing. But I'm also getting the English version once it comes out, so yeah. Both.

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    No doubt English. I'll have to try hard not to spoil myself but it's better than playing something without knowing what the hell I'm doing etc. I mean, my Japanese is limited to being able to speak it. And I'm pretty damn bad at that already.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I hope to be able to buy the Japanese Pokemon Black and get the US Pokemon White. So far it seems I may not be able to get the Japanese Pokemon Black. I'm very patient, though. I can wait for the US release and get them both in English.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I'll be waiting for the english version. I actually like to be able to understand whats happening in the game I'm playing without the need of a guide, funnily enough.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Japanese ROM if someone can get an English Patch on it. And the ROMs will probably have that anti-piracy software again, so... yeah.
    Then I'll buy the English game.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    65 dollars for a Pokemon game I can't read or 30-40 dollars for a Pokemon game I can read... Hmm...

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I'm just going to wait for it to be released in English in Europe. I'd rather not pay for something I can't read. xD I can wait a bit longer for it as well.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I will be waiting for the games to be coming out in English.

As for which version I buy, still unsure, am currently swaying more to buying Pokemon Black atm, but could all change. (:

Back