• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Who in the world said that? I already told you before that spewing lies doesn't make it a truth.
    Did you even go on serebii forums (Or any pokemon forum for that matter) ONCE towards the end of hoenn? Clearly not, because if you did you would know what Im talking about and wouldn't have to attempt to prove me wrong whenever I make a darn post. DP had so much hype but ended up not being well received by a lot of people.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'll wait until I get a 3DS. My DS is broken, so I can't [???=pirate]import.[/???]

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I'll be waiting for the English version, purely because there is a lot of options in the game that would be a lot easier to operate if you knew Japanese..and I don't..so..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Did you even go on serebii forums (Or any pokemon forum for that matter) ONCE towards the end of hoenn? Clearly not, because if you did you would know what Im talking about and wouldn't have to attempt to prove me wrong whenever I make a darn post. DP had so much hype but ended up not being well received by a lot of people.

They have forums? And I thought this was the only one! (Well, it's still the only good one)

Anyway, spawning lies or passing down what n00bs said won't work here. It's not the truth.

EDIT: The only way to be on topic is if my DS magically fixed the top screen (not like I need it) I'd get the game and the unofficial translation (HGSS). I beat Platinum JPN-only, but... I want to know what I'm reading. At least in battle.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Like I do with all upcoming pokémon games, to make the game be understandable and surprising, I'm going to be waiting for the English version to be released next year. I'm not sure for some but I believe this makes the game more interesting, and a lot of the people who import the Japanese version are still yet more excited to get the English one.

I couldn't be troubled to waste money on both when I know I'll be enjoying the English pokémon black more, and the Japanese game will just sit in its case collecting dust. D;
    It's definitely different for others (Especially if they can speak/read Japanese) no argument there, but for me I'd rather wait and see the exciting stories of others until it's released in the US.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I'm definitely buying the English release. I'd rather play a game I can understand. :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'll suckishly have to wait to play the English version when it releases, like I always do. xD;

I'd love to buy the Japanese version, but it just won't happen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just merged the two threads since they're on the same topic.

Also, English, I ain't paying for shipping.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Ill be waiting for it to come out in English.. I dont think I would enjoy it in Japanese. I probably wouldnt play it.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I am definitely waiting for English. I have no idea why people like these things in Japanese anyway unless they can actually read it. For people like me who can not read Japanese, I wouldn't enjoy the spoilers and stuff. Like, going through a game without reading a single word of it. That would suck, honestly. For me, at least.

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • Like most people in this thread, I shall be waiting for the English version.
    I've got no problem reading up on the new pokemon and features etc. online once its released in Japan, but I'm going to try and keep the main storyline a surprise ^^

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    il get bot roms when/if they come out. im not allowed 2 buy anymore games so when the 3ds gets a flashcard thats when im getting a 3ds & the card so i can have both.
    if there is an emulator 4 3ds be4 the US comes out then il be playing both in jap

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I think I'll buy the Japanese White first and get English Black. My Japanese is quite good and I think I would be able to go through.

Also, popular games like these really get to be sold in our local shops.

Come on, September 18! >o<

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Well I'm not one of those people with more money than patience nor do I know any Japanese, so as usual it's one game in English when they're out in America for me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I'll wait until the English release, I don't really want to spoil anything haha
    I remember playing the Jap Gold version... that was epic, but now I don't wanna spoil B&W haha

Years
  • i am learning Japanese as quickly as I can in hope that would be able to understand storyline in japanese view. (English seems somewhat weird when it comes to japan original words) if still can't read well until then, waiting for 2011 Spring...

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • im gonna get black in japanese and white in english. Im so unbelievable happy there is going to be pokemon music shows :) i always wanted to have pokemon music shows and we are actually going to have them:D

Back