• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
  • CrumbledCandy, search up CSS colour numbers, and changed the #000000 for a color you would like to change the background to. It's easy to understand when you get used to it.

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
    Years
  • Hey, I'm back... woo? I was busy all weekend and barely got a chance to do anything. Surprisingly my internet was down monday (forgot the pay the bill ~_~)
    anyway I should be able to catch up without any worries. Probably.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Welcome back ^^
    And you didn't miss THAT much xD
    I gotta catch up too actually. Been replying to everyone but haven't posted since Lyra showed up xD

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
    Years
  • I like this thank you, Dementia!:)

I think I'd want to change the layout and colors and stuff but this looks nice too.

I'll be busy up until Friday so I'll ask for any changes then. But I won't be able to make a good IC post until then /:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    In case anyone feels like interacting w/ Nycteus, he's at the building specifically for trainers to stay in the complex.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    It's ok, Candy, post whenever you can ^^
    And you guys are all so far ahead xD I didn't even get to post after Lyra arrived :v so dun go anywhere, people! Mina's coming xD lol

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Righteo. We r working on a triple joint post so bear with. (Also I havn't checked with the other two, but I think we have our rp team here :) ) Also does anyone know how to open a page with just one post? I want to insert links to my SU's in my signature, but I need to know how to have a single post open.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    You should see this on the top right of your posts

Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Click on the number ^^

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • The last IC post was made due to a JP falling through, so I fixed it, ans now I'm going to wait until more people make it towards the end of the day.
    By the way, If anyone wants to interact with me, Send me a VM/PM and we'll work things out.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Name: 'Captain' Theia Aethers
    Pokégear Choice: Blue

Appearance: Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)
    Theia bundles up with whatever her lame budget allows her as she frequently finds herself attempting to reach new heights with the side effect of freezing her buns off. If one wasn't immediately aware of her 'profession' by her choice of clothes alone they could potentially make the contradistinction after observing that some of her clothes' colors have begun to fade and her skin having tanned from overexposure to the sun.

Personality: Theia is an eccentric girl that rarely seems to run out of energy. She frequently refers to herself as a captain and demands others address her as such despite having little to no actual qualifications. With a passion for the sky bordering on being ludicrous she literally suffers anxiety attacks if she stays on the ground too long due to, and this is in her own words now, knowing for a fact that someone is trying to take her Farfetch'd away from her. The existence of such a person plotting her demise has yet to be verified of course. Lacking an education and overflowing at the edges with spunk she dreams of one day piercing the very skies with her flying pokemon and soaring out into space. Oddly enough she cares significantly less for traditional planes stating, once again in her own words, that she resents the inability to feel the full force of the wind pounding against her during flight. Theia has a disproportionately high value of clothes and flying pokemon and will rarely pay attention to a pokemon that cannot fly; with wings, telekinesis, rockets or otherwise. Aside from her quirks, she is a passionate girl with a strong sense of adventure and a reckless attitude towards risk taking. Rather light-hearted, she sometimes has difficulty taking a threat seriously and lacks a certain aspect of professionalism you'd expect from a 'pilot'.

Starter Pokémon: Sleet (Farfetch'd)

Short description of your Pokémon's traits and personality: Sleet is a charismatic, noble pokemon with an aggressive stance on solving problems. With his leek of choice in hand, he stands against all the dastards that would disgrace his master with unwavering loyalty and the virtue of a displaced olde gentleman.

Roleplay Sample: What does it mean for a bird to have clipped wings? It means they aren't going anywhere fast. This was the feeling Theia felt deep in her heart as she sat 'grounded' on the ceiling of her two story home. It was, of course, one of her favorite places to sit in spite of that one time she convinced herself she could fly and... She was decisively against trying that against. This rooftop had once served as a place for dreaming and now found itself a place of angst. She was 14, four years late starting her journey and it was all because her father didn't trust her! He was irrational, paranoid that she couldn't take care of herself! So what if she'd refused the starter pokemon she'd been offered? What did it matter if she'd tried to wrestle a spearow into submission with her bare hands?! If he hadn't brought her home a lame fire pokemon this wouldn't be a problem!

Theia's angst sizzled like embers but never lit up. She knew all too well how pointless it was to argue with her father. He never trusted her, least of all to think for herself. ...That just meant she'd have to go around him! She watched with intent the happenings around town, searching for inspiration. There had to be -some- way..!

Watching a car make it's way past, she got an idea. It was not a new idea, but it was accompanied by a sufficient level of frustration to get her to try it. Theia made her way down from the roof with all the grace of... a fourteen year old girl dropping off the side of a roof. She made her way forward and began heading off with the knowledge she might never see her home again.

She needed to spread her wings; her very soul demanded it! She knew exactly what she was going to do; she was going to adopt. Surely, there had to be some pokemon around this town not owned by a trainer! All she had to do was find one that suited her and convince whomever was taking care of it to let her take it. Off she went, her search taking her across town as she did some detective work and located a small place for abandoned pokemon. Finally arriving, she introduced herself as an orphan seeking a pokemon that could carry her a great distance to the girl that seemed to be running the place. This was enough to get her a chance to look around.

A quick glance disappointed her. She didn't see any majestic creatures perched up high where she might expect them to be comfortable relaxing--What bad luck! Simply looking around more thoroughly however proved to be just what she needed to turn her luck around. She discovered a winged pokemon making its way up to the front of the building as if drawn to her by fate. It was a farfetch'd, a rare pokemon at that! The pokemon seemed to greet her with a peculiar stick raised directly into the air.

Theia was satisfied. She was already making plans in her head. "I'll call him... Sleet." she thought out loud, to which the caretaker remarked that this was an odd nickname. "You think so..? I think it's -perfect-!" she replied enthusiastically... but now it was time to haggle. The caretaker wanted to know why she wanted to adopt, wanted to make sure she would be a good trainer. In the process of this she mentioned a certain Professor Lyra in the context of suggesting that some professors still gave out pokemon to upcoming trainers and that they might be easier to to train. A rousing speech with tales of glory and a little less reckless endangerment than honesty might've permitted were all it took to convince the caretaker to invest some trust in her however.

The farfetch'd itself was no harder to convince. At first he seemed hesitant to trust Theia's hasty decision, but the teen crouched down next to him and gently rested one hand on his chest. She simultaneously pointed off through the doorway into the sky, looking into his eyes intently and allowing him a long moment to fully absorb how serious she was. There was a certain intensity in her eyes that managed to convey a sense of dedication Farfetch'd could respect. A silence understanding that had no words was made on that spot and Theia walked out with her very first pokemon that day--And it was all thanks to not listening to her elders!

There was however something more immediate that needed her attention, her stomach. Her belly was a ruthless tyrant that demanded she pay it a sacrifice if she wished to further pursue her dreams. She would have to attend to that first, and that meant finding a job. She didn't much like the idea of another adult bossing her around; since when had adults known what was best for her? If her parents hadn't, who would? Her decision was clear. Following a tip from the caretaker she pursued one Professor Lyra in an effort to find direction in her life. Perhaps Lyra wouldn't pay her, but she was in a position where the life of an adventurer suited her just fine. Perhaps she could find a way to earn her keep without being paid directly by the professor and perhaps Lyra would respect that, given that she obviously wouldn't be telling the professor anything about her being a runaway.

There was only one way to find out, and so she once again began making her way across town. This time she already had an idea of where she needed to go, without all the detective work.

------
    Let me know how you feel about this~

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Ok guys, I've been eally busy lately, but I PROMISE I'll get to sorting things out this weekend. This includes your SU, Yellow. I'm gonna read it as soon as I get some free time on my hands ^^

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • its okay dementia no need to be sorry ^^ everybody has those days. I too have been incredibly busy and we havn't managed to get Jnathan onto the triple post ;_; Jnathan if you are reading this, then why are you dead! Waaaa!

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • I got bored... It looks like 17 out of 19 currently enrolled characters have at least 1 post. Which to me, seems to be a great number... Since several, such as myself, have had holidays and are going into finals week sometime soon. Anyone else feel similarly?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Heads up to everyone, I'm going to be away until monday, so sorry about that. Unfortunately since Jnathan hasnt responded to the joint post I guess we might have to postpone that for a while, perhaps we notice each other but pass one another and meet up later, remembering each others faces. That would work best so that you may all make some more posts.

I'll be lurking around the OOC thread for sure on my ipad >:)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Actually Jnathan made a small addition to the thread yesterday, but if that's the case then all right. If someone wants to join up with Millie, please drop a VM. :D

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I noticed only recently. We can edit that up later when people have done a bit more. I would very much like to pair up with Fuyu & Jnathan though if you two are all right with that!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm still cool with that. Though any other interactions are also welcome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back