• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League OOC

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
  • MAIN THREAD.

OPEN SPOTS:

Spoiler:

Participants:

Dragonite149

Spoiler:

Luntique

Johto's New League OOC

Level:: 10
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Early Bird
    Moves: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Mirror Move, Rage

Soren

Johto's New League OOC

Level: 5
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack

Onix

Johto's New League OOC

Level: 6
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Much Sport, Tackle, Harden, Bind, Screech

Items:

-Unlimited Poke Balls
    -Pokedex
    -Old Rod

Zeph.

Spoiler:

Pigman Pete

Johto's New League OOC

Level:: 16
    Type: Ice/Ground
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Mud Sport, Ancient Power, Powder Snow, Mud Slap, Endure

Karp

Johto's New League OOC

Level: 18
    Type: Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Splash, Tackle

Items:

-Unlimited Poke Balls
    -Pokedex
    -Old Rod

PsychoJigglypuff

Spoiler:

Bubblegum

Johto's New League OOC

Level:: 12
    Type: Ghost/Flying
    Ability: Aftermath
    Moves: Constrict, Minimize, Astonish, Weather Ball, Gust

Spinarak

Johto's New League OOC

Level: 10
    Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Insomnia
    Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, Constrict

Items:

-Unlimited Poke Balls
    -Pokedex
    -Old Rod

Red's Hawt Chibi Pellipers

Spoiler:

Parade

Johto's New League OOC

Level:: 14
    Type: Dark/Ice
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Bite, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack

Hoppip

Johto's New League OOC

Level: 9
    Type: Grass/Flying
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Moves: Splash, Synthesis, Confusion, Tail Whip, Tackle

Poliwag

Johto's New League OOC

Level: 11
    Type: Water
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves: Water Sport, Bubble, Hypnosis, Bubblebeam, Water Gun

Items:

-Unlimited Poke Balls
    -Pokedex
    -Old Rod
    -TM47: Low Sweep

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Whoot, we have an Ooc thread! Now I have a place to ask all those annoying questions that can't be asked at the main thread! First question... Um , I forgot. But I will be back! :P

Doctor Who

Years
  • Doing this in two posts, for convenience sake. As for Eeveelution, don't be afraid to bug me me any annoying questions you may have, that's what I'm for after all xD

Participants:

MMGiru

Spoiler:

Elektrike

Johto's New League OOC

Level:: 22
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Lighteningrod
    Moves: Thunderwave, Swift, Leer, Howl, Quick Attack, Charge Beam, Spark

Items:

-Unlimited Poke Balls
    -Pokedex
    -Old Rod
    -TM40: Aerial Ace

Badges:

Zephyr Badge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I'm slightly confused. Are there still spots open for this RPG? I get the feeling that there might be, but I know sign-ups were made for all the characters in the previous thread. I'm interested if there is space, but I don't want to make a sign-up if you're all filled up.

Doctor Who

Years
  • Frozen:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Name: Samuel (Shades) Obadiah Woodsworth (Prefers Obadiah over Samuel)

Appearance
    The boy is a well built and well developed youth with dark skin and an overall demeanor of "leave me alone." Thick, well kempt dreadlocks fall in a graceful frame (except on the rare occasion a tie binds them helplessly behind the boy's head) around the dark skinned youth's facial feature, covering up his rather large ears in the process. Dark, and somewhat defeated, deep-set eyes stare uncomfortably at the world that passes them, moving reactionally rather than with desire or purpose. Thankfully, the outside world is not typically "blessed" with the opportunity to view what those dark eyes might hold due to a rather dark pair of cheap sunglasses propped upon a flat nose with a tendency to flare when angered. White teeth and a fantastic smile hide timidly behind unamused lips. A strong jaw and chin finish out an otherwise handsome face if not for the whole "Piss off" look thing.

The boy's body is that of one who has spent a good deal of time lifting and moving things. A thick neck attached to thick shoulders attached to thick arms attached to etc. He is a thick individual. Standing only 5'7", Obadiah's body is very compact and possesses a lot of strength. Rough hands in continuous motion can be seen moving in various places on the boy's body: running through his hair, entering and leaving the saw-dusty jean pockets, or fidgeting with the top button of his thick, red button up shirt whose sleeves are usually rolled up to the elbows. A simple brown belt holds up the jeans that cover the boy's short of strong legs. Worn brown work boots cover the callous feet and dirty brown socks of someone who would rather spend his time in a workshop than on the road. An old, dirty brown backpack is thrown over his right shoulder when traveling.

Personality
    If his appearance was not indication enough, Obadiah is not the happiest camper in the world. Life events and bad timing have left him angry and defeated when it comes to searching and finding happiness in the war torn land that he lives. He is closed off around others, preferring to ignore than deal with questions or personalities that want to interact with him. When he does interact, however, it usually involves harsh jokes or shallow comments. Often times it is difficult to tell whether what he says is truly what he believes or whether it is just another way of him saying "leave me alone." Obadiah is aggressively defensive to consistent pestering and has no qualms with intimidating others if it will get them to shut up. The boy doesn't view life as an opportunity to find or experience happiness, rather seeing it as something that is meant to be survived.

It should be noted that Obadiah has absolutely no desire to go on a "damn kid's adventure." His excitement to finding out he had been given such an "opportunity" could be compared to the excitement a fish expresses after being caught in a net. There is a lot of movement and thrashing about involved but none of it stems from happiness over the situation. It should also be noted that Obadiah is consider a good boy (often times man rather than boy) by many that know him. He had always been aggressive and somewhat quiet, but the bitterness over his lot has twisted what was good into anger and sarcasm.

History
    Obadiah lost both of his parents when he was only six years old. Seeing that statement, one would obviously assume that both of his parents had passed away in some way or another. While no life had left their bodies, they might as well been dead for all that their son saw of them. Both of his parents (Wolfgang Woodsworth and Alexis Freemont) were extremely talented pokemon trainers. They had met during their travels, continued traveling together, fell in love, married, settled down, and had a healthy boy. What else could you want? Apparently something that could not be found with your son. Obadiah was left in the care or his elderly grandmother as his lovely parents went off to enjoy more of their adventures without the burden of a child. So you might have to excuse Obadiah if he doesn't particularly enjoy the thought of going off on his own little adventure, abandoning his life and responsibilities….not to mention love. Oh sure, his parents wrote letter and kept in contact as often as possible. They would talk about all the amazing adventure they were having and all the wonderful sights they were seeing and how much they loved him. There was even a time that the boy lived for those calls and letters. That changed when they broke their promise to come back. Eventually the letters stopped coming. The phone no longer contained their voices. Obadiah was 9 at the time, almost ten. That was 7 years ago.

There is more you need to know to completely under why Obadiah hates the idea of having his own pokemon. Not long after his parents stopped contacting him, the boy's grandmother became sick. The doctor's did not think it was very serious. "She'll be better in no time," they said. Surprise, surprise….they were wrong. Not being old enough to take care of himself and with his parents nowhere to be found, the boy was to be sent to an orphanage in one of the larger cities nearby. (You might be wondering where Obadiah lives about now. Well, considering that the dark skinned youth does not like to tell….anyone really, I struggle to see why you should know. But I guess some would consider it important, so I will tell you that it was a little town called Libdon that is found not too far outside of Goldenrod. Anyways back to the history.) Thankfully, before that could happen, the local carpenter/contractor stepped up and offered to give the boy a place to live. The man's name was Barsidious Donaldson, and he had been a long time good friend of Obadiah's father. It would later be revealed that the man was actually his guardian, but that isn't important now. The man gave Obadiah a place to focus his anger. He gave him something to do. He tried multiple times to speak to the boy about why his parents left, but Obadiah would have nothing of it, though he would eventually learn that they had been killed on their way back home 7 years ago. Just two more casualties of war.

As time past, Obadiah became a part of the Donaldson family. Mary, the wife, was hesitant at first, but as time went by Obadiah proved to be a much needed help to Barsidious. The boy picked up Barsidious's craft rather quickly and was on the fast track to taking up the business himself one day. With all the damage from the war, there was never a lack of work for a carpenter/contractor. And it wasn't just the mother that was warming up to the boy. Meagan Donaldson, who was a year younger than the boy, and Obadiah had taken quite a liking to each other. Barsidious had even taken up the habit of asking when the wedding was going to be (joking of course, but he was quite aware that it was a possibility). Yes, everything was going well. Then it happened. Seven days before his 17th birthday, Obadiah was informed that he was going to become a trainer….and it was mandatory. He could no longer continue his work under Barsidious because it was illegal. In fact, the only thing he could do was be a trainer, making it impossible for him to support a family unless he got a pokemon and left to start his journey. Moral of the story, irony sucks.

Starter: I am really tempted to take Munna for comedic effect and to just be mean to my charcter......so tempted that I cannot resist. Munna it is.

Years
  • I am really tempted to take Munna for comedic effect and to just be mean to my charcter......so tempted that I cannot resist. Munna it is.

Haha, it's the same reason that I gave Alex a Combee! I enjoy the mental image of a tough construction worker who has a Munna as his starter, not gonna lie...

Doctor, when will our characters have a chance to converse and interact and how often will that be? The first chapter seems somewhat solitary, although maybe I misread the intent.

Doctor Who

Years
  • Nate_Dawg - You're definitely accepted with flying colours. Also you get brownie points for really involving the war , since it's definitely something that would leave its mark on a populace. So welcome to the rp!

As for Vamaar, your character would always have a change to interact, but that is entirely up to you to decide and put together. I may eventually include chapter where interaction is a must, but it will never be prohibited. But I do ask that interaction will be in the form of a joint post, not back and forth posting as that clogs the roleplay. You can simply play out the events through pm or msn or other social messaging sites and post the completed thing.

If you need more of an explanation just ask, what I sya may make sense to me but not to others xD

Years
  • Ah, okay, cool. That sounds excellent... So, who wants to meet up once we get to cherrygrove city? I have the events for up until then or more less worked out for Alex; he's going to have a fun time of it. SPeaking of, I think I'll go write those down...

Years
  • Puh, I'd almost forgotten how long time it could take to create a decent SU ^^'

*still working*

ED: Also, in the history about the war in the first post, don't you mean "Johto wanted to be free"? Now it says "Kanto wanted to be free".

Johto had up to then always been a part of Kanto's landmass, but Kanto wanted to be free. A rebel organization popped up and grew under the leadership of a certain Marcus Antonius Gray.
    ED:

Name: Todd Brillings

Appearance: Todd is a thin guy. He's about average height, but way below average muscle size. He normally walks with his not-so-marked shoulders slightly crouched forward; he's got a terrible posture.

His eyes are dimly blue and his hair is light brown and not really well kept. He doesn't style his hair every morning, not even every other morning. He couldn't grow a beard even if he tried, and he most often wears glasses and can't see clearly more than a couple of meters in front of him if he doesn't.

He usually wears t-shirts of random brands and colors. He doesn't really care what. Jeans are standard and he doesn't really wear anything else down there. When outdoors, he wears a red and grey jacket that can withstand both rain and wind, but isn't the most stylish piece of clothing ever made. He usually wears a black or a gray hoodie under it.

He's got a pretty expensive watch on his left arm, but apart from it and his glasses, he doesn't wear any fancy stuff. He carries his belongings in a pretty big, black backpack. If he were to fill it up completely, he probably wouldn't have the strength to carry it.

Personality: Todd is a geek, that's the easiest way to put it. He's pretty social when he wants to, and he really wants to at times. But mostly online.

A normal day for Todd is spent in his room, in front of his computer, doing anything possible on the internet. If wars could be won online alone, he would be victorious any day, against any enemy. He is the king of gaming and a god when it comes to programming and technical systems. One of his hobbies is putting together new electronical devices from scratch parts or bought parts. He likes to think of himself as a genial inventor. Of course, he always keeps a channel open when he was putting together a new thingy, so that he could talk to his online friends at all times if he wanted to. So, he considered himself very social. He's also a sucker for science fiction and super heroes.

Others see him as rather impatient and nonchalant. Mostly that is because he wanted to get back to his online life instead of talking to whoever he was talking to in real life. He strikes you as a lazy teenager who wouldn't really survive on his own and who clearly doesn't know how much he relies on his parents.

He's got a pretty good sense of humor, but he doesn't really realize it. It's somewhat of the cynical, sarcastic type of humor. He's never hugged another girl than his mother, and he isn't really interested in doing so either.

Even though he plays super good characters in many online games, he isn't really leaning in any direction on any good/evil scale. He wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose, he supposes, but he wouldn't say no when somebody offered him something way too nice, when a really good hearted person would say "no, but thank you".

History: Todd lives in Violet City. In the wars, his parents had been working as well and as normally as they could, but it had been harsh. Todd hadn't grown attached to the internet yet, so he wasn't badly affected by the power shortages that occured frequently back then. He'd only seen how worried his parents were. They never wanted the war. Following their beliefs in his own way, Todd doesn't want any war today. He doesn't care if Johto is on its own or a part of Kanto. As he saw it, things had been better before, but there was no point in moping.

He does pretty well in school, even though he's been known to procrastinate important works at times. He stopped playing football when the war came, and didn't take it up afterwards. He took up his online life instead. He got many online friends from around Johto, some of which were pretty radical and disliked Kanto. But he also had many Kanto friends, who felt the opposite or just cared as little as he did himself.

When the fateful day came, when the president made it clear he had chosen Todd to participate in the new Johto League... Todd's world broke. He didn't believe it. Why the HELL would he be fitting for that task? It meant going out into the real world, something he rarely did if it wasn't for school or going to a WLAN party at a friend's house. His parents were immensely proud though, and urged him to go.

And pokémon? He thought they were beasts, or at least animals. He had never befriended any other than the family's old pet; Yooterii. His little sister liked pokémon and wanted to be a trainer, and she had been terribly jealous when he got chosen. But he'd gladly switch with her, if only he could... as he couldn't disobey the president, he packed his things and hitched a ride all the way to New Bark. He felt incredibly alone and strange out in this real world. It didn't please him at all.

Starter: Electrike.

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
  • right, typo, I'll fix that. Thanks for letting me know though (:

In any case you are accepted, welcome to the roleplay! I'm definitely liking this geek already <3

Years
  • Nice to hear ^^ I noticed Todd's got some traits in common with Alex, only after I wrote it. Luckily they've also got things that make them very different. It'll be interesting to play this ^^

Doctor Who

Years
  • True, but you won't really see how similar or different they are until you start writing, or so I've gathered from my own rp experiences. Sometimes a character just wants to run away with you (:

Years
  • Let's get this ball rolling then. I'll do like the others and write a chapter one post in New Bark. Then probably a Chapter 1.5 post on Route 29 :)

Ah, okay, cool. That sounds excellent... So, who wants to meet up once we get to cherrygrove city? I have the events for up until then or more less worked out for Alex; he's going to have a fun time of it. SPeaking of, I think I'll go write those down...

Also, I'd love to meet up in some way.

Years
  • Nice to hear ^^ I noticed Todd's got some traits in common with Alex, only after I wrote it. Luckily they've also got things that make them very different. It'll be interesting to play this ^^

Also, I'd love to meet up in some way.

Haha, there are a few key differences, I think, but yeah, they are rather similar. I enjoy how they're similar for different reasons, though; they both slouch but Todd slouches due to computer activity, whereas Alex slouches because he'd otherwise stand taller than everyone else. I think they'll be interesting people, to meet. And yeah, I'll send you a PM about it.

Years
  • I've written a post where I try to catch a Pokémon~

Also, I'd like to change a part of Todd's bio. His glasses. I thouht it would be fitting, but I just don't see him with glasses in my mind. So I think I remove them, unless anybody's got anything against it.

Doctor Who

Years
  • Alright, that's fine with me. Don't worry, I'm reading your post right now (: You already get one browny point for making me laugh!

Back