• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League OOC

Years
  • Yeah, I'm back at university, so I don't have nearly as much time as I did over the break... sorry.

Years
  • Teheheh, only in my case you like Gary Stu, doc ;D

I'm sorry for not having posted in a while. I did announce my absence beforehand though ^^ I'll post more often now.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
  • Only yours, Gary Stu, only yours (;
    And yes you did, so you're off the hook. Glad to have you back though.

Yuukihime, it's actually pending, there was someone who expressed interest before that I've contacted, but they have not responded yet...

Doctor Who

Years
  • Alright! Due to the interest in the last spot of the roleplay I have decided to do things thus: How about I give you all until Sunday to send in a sign-up and at the end of the day (My time, -1 GMT aka western Europe time) I shall pick the one who I think would be best for the roleplay.

This would give everyone a chance and at the same time prevent me from picking one roleplayer who mightn't be as good as another simply because they shotgunned.

Years
  • Ah, cool. Do they post here? I might like to read some of the new candidates for fun...

Once again I'm going to predict Obadiah will catch a pokemon, this time Ledyba. Once again, for no other reason than it's kind of cute. I was tempted to actually catch Pineco, but I figured some good old fashion battling was probably a better option, and I knew I wanted Alex to have a rival soon. Anyways, when will the next route be posted?

Doctor Who

Years
  • Yes they post here, so you'll get to read them all xD As of the next route, I'm not sure, I mean there's only been two people who's posted for this route, and a bunch of people who are fairly behind, but if we get a few more posts by the weekend then I'd say Sunday.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Name: Cooper Phillips

Appearance: Cooper is the average height of around 6 foot and is ever so slightly plump. This large-ish build results in him also having rather big limbs - such as big, stubby fingers and clumsy looking feet. Cooper has fair, cream coloured skin and his hair is very wavy and 'full' looking - as it is quite thick and grows outward slightly. The hair itself is a rich brown colour, and this compliments his brown iris colour.

Clothing wise, Cooper opts for more simplistic wear - however adds his own touches. Most times, he will wear a button-up shirt with the top one or two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He favours deep blue jeans, however is not very fussy about trousers - swapping from day to day between them, cargo pants and so on. Cooper favours brown boots for footwear, and sometimes dosen't even bother to tie them up. He also likes his accessories - wearing a watch on his left wrist and a number of beads and so on around his right.

Personality: One word to best describe Cooper is 'optimist'. Cooper is not to always be taken seriously. He can be quite the goofy character, looking for enjoyment in things, one way or another. He has a great sense of humour - according to his friends, as he does not particularly like to boast. He is slightly lacking in intelligence - he isn't the smartest guy around - and there are many things he has trouble figuring out or has yet to learn. On top of this, he is near oblivious to any threats or dangers. Cooper dosen't push himself too much either. He's pretty lackluster, and has a number of lazy days. He goes by the theory of, "Don't get involved if it's got nothing to do with you" - to quote him (however, ironically, he always ends up getting himself into a number of complex situations due to his sheer obliviousness to his surroundings at times). The tendancy to not take certain things seriously can irritate others from time to time (namely his family), and at times, trying to get him to sit down and reason with you can be like pulling teeth. However this makes him a friendly individual, fun loving and never wanting to cause anyone any trouble. On occasions he can be rather loud too, bursting out whenever he is surprised or confused.

Cooper is also very strongly opinionated. He has a somewhat unique moral code, and will stand by it, even if it means trouble. He is neither blunt nor sharp when it comes to his responses - usually, he will say something as it is, likewise, he will give witty responses and make the other person think. One more thing. Cooper loves food. He likes nearly every edible thing on the planet, and never lets food go to waste. He will jump at the chance of food, and often the desire to eat will get in the way of his basic line of thought.

History: Cooper Phillips is from Johto himself, having grown up in Cherrygrove City. He lives with his family there - a mother, father and a sister who is little over a year older than he is. His parents worked together with the same firm, meaning that they could communicate during working hours; swapping shifts if neccesary in order to look after their children and their home. As Cooper and his older sister got older, there was less urgency to have someone supervise them, however this didn't neccisarily mean Cooper was becoming more responsible. He became quite carefree in his attitude to things - he didn't take great care of the house, his homework for school started being handed in late and/or unfinished. All in all, his studies suffered - but he knew it was down to his lack of motivation, he never blamed anyone else but himself for it.

In the grand scheme of things, however, these are minor issues. Nothing major has ever happened in Cooper's 15 years alive, which could quite possibly result in his carefree approach to life and his constant optamistic attitude. This ability to see the bright side of almost anything and joke about life's little things has resulted in him developing a strong sense of humour. His school friends (whom he has been friends with since they were toddlers) often appreciate his humour, constantly telling him to pursue it.

Cooper has quite a basic relationship with pokemon. He treats every one as if they were people - asking them how their day was or having trivial conversations with them, even though he knows they can't speak back to him (the fact they can understand is enough for him). For the past few years, he would have loved to have one of his own, to call his 'main man' as he puts it (or indeed 'main girl', but he always thought that sounded creepy). However, he has been discouraged from it due to schoolwork - back when he was thirteen, for example, it was a risk too big for him to just abandon education and bank on being a trainer.

Now, however, he has a number of decent grades, there is a backup plan for him. So naturally, he was overjoyed to find out he had been selected to recieve his own pokemon and travel Johto. The idea that he could help Johto, after it's recent... situation, by participating in its own league, excited him even more. To make matters all the more suitable, his parents are also encouraging him - at least, in their view, he'll be doing something instead of wasting his days.

Starter: Swinub :D With the nickname 'Pigman Pete' :3

Hope you like it :) And again, thanks for the chance ^^

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
  • Zeph, you're definitely setting the bar high, I love Cooper in that he's different, and so very not perfect. And that Pigman Pete is so very tempting!

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • I've decided to withdraw from rping, much too busy, I'm probably going to become a slave to finals and homework, so I'm going to withdraw posting a sign-up.

Doctor Who

Years
  • That's too bad, but perhaps a wise choice. Just so you know, if there are any spots open in the future, you're welcome to join (:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Probably not as good as Zeph's but I might as well try for it. xD

Name: Celeste "Selly" Ingerfield

Appearance:
    From her looks, most would assume her to be an eight year old child. Her body is a bit underdeveloped, a tiny frame, and only 4'1", but cheeks still chubby from baby fat. She has long legs in comparison to her ams, which are shorter and less slender. She has olive skin, and appears to be of Malaysian descent, though is most likely a mix. Her hair is thick and black, tied up into two tight pigtails. Her almond eyes are a deep shade of brown, and has thick eyebrows.

Her clothing style is very silly, and often rather gaudy, but in an innocent way. She loves bright colors, and dresses like a clown, so she typically wears frilly and polka-dotted dresses with long striped socks and shoes, but when she's looking for something more comfortable, she wears pants. Her travel attire consists of a red and orange striped shirt, blue denim overalls with orange buttons, and bright pink and green pockets. Her long white socks are covered in rainbow polka-dots, with neon green converses. She also has a small, yellow backpack that is covered in doodles.

Personality:
    Selly is a hyper-active girl, who loves to entertain. She can't stand to see unhappy people, so she always tries to make things better, even if she sometimes ends up making the situation worse. She loves to tell jokes, make funny faces, and singing songs. She has a cheerful disposition, and innocent optimism, making her very pleasant to be around. However, she can be considered rather annoying, to those with a more pessimistic outlook.

Despite being a teenager, she behaves like a young child. This is partially due to the environment she was raised in. Her whole family was jolly and never acted their age, plus being the youngest, she was often spoiled. Her innocence makes her rather naive, and since she lacks a formal education, she isn't very smart when it comes to many topics. She is a fast learner, but it takes detailed explanation for her to understand something.

One of her notable qualities is her high energy. Everything she does is filled with enthusiasm. She is constantly doing something active, such as playing games like Tag, or climbing up trees. However, it is hard for her to sit still, and she can be rather impatient. If she has to wait a long time for something, she gets bored of it easily. Her attention span is short.

History:
    Whether it was death, an accident, or maybe she was just unwanted, Selly ended up as an orphan on the doorstep of a traveling circus. The ring master decided to take her in as his daughter, but the whole troop was family to her. Even though, when she was a bit older, people asked if she ever wanted to find her real parents, she would get upset, because she already had a family, it didn't matter if none them were technically related. Circus life was very fun for her as a child. Though she was treated like the ring master's daughter, she worked and performed in the circus like everyone else. She learned to do many different acrobatic tricks, juggling, and loved to work with the clowns.

The war managed to change things up for the circus. Normally freely traveling between Johto and Kanto, they were only able to stay in Johto. The troop members who were originally from Kanto, were being harassed by major supporters of the war, so they decided to take an early retirement. The circus wasn't very active during then, which made Selly a bit upset, that people fighting could make everyone else unhappy as well. Once it started to wear down, however, they managed to start up once again, with a couple of replacements.

One of the new members they had was a Pokémon Tamer, someone who performed with many different Pokémon and trained them to do circus tricks. Selly was fascinated by them, and wanted to become one too. However, he was overly protective of his Pokémon, and didn't want anyone other than him to even think about handling them. Still, she wanted to learn how she could train with Pokémon, so he suggested that she go to school and learn about them there.

Even though she loved the circus, she decided that she would try going to school, for a little while, then return to performing. However, things didn't exactly work out smoothly. When she went to get registered for school, they didn't have any of her personal information known. Though they managed to work things out, her days at school were complicated. She didn't know anything about the basics of what they were teaching, and her grades were suffering pretty badly. Other kids made fun of her and called her a circus freak.

Though she made some friends, it was a very hard time. Thankfully, her name was one that was picked, so she could leave school, and just have Pokémon for herself. Unfortunately, it meant leaving her family for a long time until she finished the League. There was a tearful farewell, but great words of encouragement. Promising to finish up quickly, she packed her belongings, which wasn't very much, and headed off to New Bark Town.

Starter: Snuggie the Swinub

Other: She came up with her name by herself, though people were already calling her Sally as a temporary name.

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
  • PsychoJigglypuff - That's quite an interesting character, she's very unique in a good way, and bonus points for actively mentioning the war in her history.

Doctor Who

Years
  • Choices, I'm not too good with those, but I have to. I do believe that in this case <b>Zeph.</b> would be better suited for the roleplay, so he is accepted.

However, if Charizard_Man doesn't update his sign-up, or show any sign of wanting to be further involved in the roleplay within the next few days I'll VM you immediately and you're character will get the Drifloon, alright?

Zeph., do you want to start at the first chapter? I'd prefer it if you would but if you think that's too much then I'd bump you to the second chapter.

Years
  • Hmm, I think he'd have to completely re-write his character for it to be valid, especially where Selly is such an interesting character, particularly in contrast with half of the cast. (Laziness and Nerdiness are rampant)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Thanks Dr Who :D Sorry Jiggly, hope you get in too :) [Oh look I just bust a rhyme there...]

Sure, I'll start off from the first Chapter :D

Years
  • Man, I gotta say that I'm really enjoying how similar yet different Cooper and Alex are. They both started off dealing with thieving pokemon, they're both lazy, and they both did mediocre to bad in school. Yet they're completely different characters; yours is actually motivated to do well, mine is thrown into things by chance.

Back