• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Joining PC

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
  • The Roleplaying Olympics sounds pretty cool! Something like that happening again would be awesome.

Oh, definitely! It's really a shame people let it die because it was just a lot of fun going to another board and talking to Pokémon fans from all over the place. It really made me feel like we were taking a step towards being united as a fandom, rather than split up according to forum alliances, you know? (Sort of like how some people on SPPf only go to SPPf and don't talk to the people on PC.) Not to mention I didn't know about PC at all before the Olympics (because I was such a forum n00b back then and didn't know jack about any Pokémon forums whatsoever except ones I was linked to by friends and ones I found via Anipike before it started to suck), so it was really cool to find a place that was like the New York to my Toledo of a board.

I'd offer to revive the idea, but I'm terrible at keeping things alive. XD Maybe someone else could give it a shot and have better luck.

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I joined last year after finding out about Pokemon Shiny Gold, and spent my first few months silently downloading ROM hacks that interested me. Then around February this year, I noticed the RP section. :P So I stuck around, and then started to explore other boards. ^_^

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I originally joined for the hacks but then became interested in hacking myself. So now I'm here to learn how to hack better and get help on my hack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I joined for Shiny Gold. When I got it, I left.

Then I came back, god knows why, but I did. And I stayed for about a year or so, haha.

Ayselipera

Pokemon is my secret indulgence and this is about the only place I can talk about it.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • I originally only joined for hacks. Then I completely forgot I ever had an account because I wasn't active at all. Later I came across the site again while looking for something on google and decided to explore the forum beyond hack downloads.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • What made you join PC?
    Formal: the unbelievable curiosity of whether this forum had enough avatar space for a wailord .gif. XD Seriously.

That coupled with Tortured_Soul's hidden power guide I happened to read weeks before. Joined, avatar indeed fit, and I stuck around. haha :D

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Actually, G.K.S., I think I joined for the same reason you did. But now I can't even stomach third generation hacking. xD I'm stuck in this awesome place.

Years
  • One day, I was googling and came across a hack called Pokemon Ice Crystal. It was located on this site, and I thought it was really cool. Then, I found out about spriting. I found out about spriter-resource and made my own sprites. I practiced and practiced until I got good at it. Then, I made a comic, and made friends with another member who made a comic. We were paired at the time, and I even made two fan comics for him. I also had my own fanclub made by a friend. Then, my pair moved to serebii, and that's how I found out about serebii. After a couple years, I returned to Pokecommunity, and found out about HeartGold and SoulSilver. This was the place that has provided me with the most information about these two games.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My reason for joining was, google I searched "Pokemon forums powered by Vbulletin." Poke community came up. I wanted to join before but I couldn't so I joined later on. Now I'm a proud member of PC.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I wanted a ShinyGold patch, and the Youtube video showing me how to patch it directed me to PC. But, I couldn't download it because I had to join. So I did join. And then, I decided to make use of PC and its Roleplaying forums so here I am now, a semi-active-but-not-as-active-as-others member of PC~

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Let's see, I was 12, and I wasn't very fond of the Serebii forums, so I came here, and have been here for a little over 4 years. :)

Years
  • My good friend justin (Atomic_Reactor) begged me to join so he could show off his game to me.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When I was suspended for a month from school and after getting kicked off of serebii.net forums I looked up Pokemon forums, so i decided to click the first 10 I seen and this one was one of them

:t354:TG

Years
  • I joined PC because of the Wi-fi forums when Diamond and Pearl were brand new. I started out looking in the Trading forum looking for Pokemon I need for my Pokedex. After that, I started checking out other forums and the rest is pretty much history.

Back