• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Underrated? I have my answer for that!

for me, Nidoking is a terribly underrated mon, since there are several Poison types and ground types pokemon there by far. however, his access to Megahorn, Earthquake, and Superpower if I remember correctly, plus a correct nature, will turn King into a Tyrant. :)

anyway, here is the fixed userbar. :)

733810.gif

Years
Tentacruel is pretty underrated. If trained right it can be pretty powerful. The Water poison can be quite killer depending on what type your battling.

miltankRancher

Years
Actually, the whole community really see how powerful Tentacruel is, IMO. It is a good lead, with access to Toxic Spikes and such.

Years
I always thought it to be underrated. Never really seen anyone use it besides as a HM slave because there was nothing else along with tentacool. Whatever popped up first.

The more you know :P
Yeah it's actually pretty powerful and beast.

miltankRancher

Years
I am not a competitive battler right now, but during my short experience with it, I am fairly versed. LOL. And I have used Tentacruel once. I am telling you, that guy deserves the praise as a lead it has been receiving.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright, just gotta copy and paste in my updates! Jayster23, your shiny upgrade and rename are both done. I did not make the shiny icon myself this time; I found one pre-made. The total cost was 90 points, 75 for the shiny upgrade, 15 to rename.

As of yet for the contest, I have received 8 votes, myself included.

Taposa, welcome back! Your inactivity strikethrough has been removed.

On topic: I agree that Tentacruel is underrated. Most Pokemon that are primarily defensive rather than offensive are underrated. Tentacruel would actually serve very well as a special wall. Another example of this is Weezing, who is a physical defender. Weezing also can learn a very wide variety of moves.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I think Butterfree is pretty underrated. If you use it right, that thing can sweep (especially with the Tinted Lens ability and Bug Buzz combo)!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Butterfree is my second partner, if you haven't noticed. ^_^ With Butterfree, if you use it in its appropriate tier, Butterfree can do relatively well. It's not the best Pokemon, but it's by no means useless. However, I still do believe it fits very well in the NU tier where it's at.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Username: Unknown#
Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Squirtle and Dragonite
Partner Pokemon: Lewis the Squirtle
Indigo Plateau!

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
welcome, unknown :D enjoy your stay here and stay active (:

BUTTERFREE <3333333333 i think it's really cute.
it used to help me trash all those trainers back when i played firered :D
can i ask? remember the episode ash released his butterfree?
it went away with a pink butterfree but shiny butterfree aren't pink.
so why is it pink? \(O-O)/
Spr_5b_012_f.png
Spr_5b_012_f_s.png

Years
The shiny Butterfree gives me nightmares :/

Yeah i've always wondered that. It's probably like deformed or something. I personally think it was pink to distingush that it was an attractive butterfree to the other butterfree and it was a "You won't get this" type of Pokemon.
If that makes sense :P

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Welcome, Unknown#! You may notice we have a profile contest themed around this club going on. Feel free to vote for who you think has the best profile. ;)

On topic: Also, remember that the Pink Butterfree is not the only pink Pokemon to have appeared in the anime.

180px-EP088.png
090.gif
content_thumb_Episode_4ddd1482-abb0-4294-8fda-6d2abc287203.jpg

miltankRancher

Years
welcome, unknown :D enjoy your stay here and stay active (:

BUTTERFREE <3333333333 i think it's really cute.
it used to help me trash all those trainers back when i played firered :D
can i ask? remember the episode ash released his butterfree?
it went away with a pink butterfree but shiny butterfree aren't pink.
so why is it pink? \(O-O)/
Spr_5b_012_f.png
Spr_5b_012_f_s.png

i think this symbolizes the difference between a REALLY attractive female to a normal female. LOL. and, also welcome unkown!

I used Butterfree in my recent HG run. Boy, it was a beast! Compoundeyes Sleep Powder always ensured me a sleep, and with Bug Buzz + Psychic, it swept through the first elite four.

Years
Hmm... I never really used Butterfree. Maybe I should give it a crack in a SS Run or whatever game you can get it in :P

Maybe the Pokemon Anime work with the Breast Cancer foundation, going Pink once in a blue moon.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
On topic: Also, remember that the Pink Butterfree is not the only pink Pokemon to have appeared in the anime.

So the pink Butterfree could've been from Pinkan island? Makes sense.

I had a Butterfree in my Yellow version that was the most used out of all of my Pokemon.

miltankRancher

Years
So the pink Butterfree could've been from Pinkan island? Makes sense.

I had a Butterfree in my Yellow version that was the most used out of all of my Pokemon.

this could be another great theory. But I wonder why Ash didn't saw Butterfree, if ever he's there, when they visited it.

Years
Maybe the mating ritual was still on or something.
It's a question for the universe that shall never be answered

miltankRancher

Years
Maybe the mating ritual was still on or something.
It's a question for the universe that shall never be answered

yeah. I know it will never be answered, since the anime did a good work of covering it up. :)

can I make another topic, since the previous one have gone off to the discussion of Butterfree?

During the Indigo Plateau season, (which we all know as a first-gen season) which of Ash's pokemon do you miss/like the most?

Last edited:
Years
Indigo Plateau

Username: Dave_
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Lapras
Partner Pokemon: Lapras

Why would they see butterfree at Pinkan island if it left to find a mate and fly off to live happily ever after ..? :3

And Taurus, What a fight he put up :'(
If that's what you meant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back