• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
hi there dave_! welcome to the club.

I don't know, I just assumed Pinkan island to be Butterfree's mate home island. :)

I mean is the first season. LOL. from Ash's start of journey to the Pokemon Indigo League championship.

Years
If Ash's Butterfree had to fly the coup then surely the mate does, Nice new island for them to have little baby caterpies :')

idk, The way you said it sounded sarcastic so I was sceptical ¬_¬ haha

miltankRancher

Years
apologizing for that. I clarified the question. I just realzied I said episode not season. LOL.

well, to answer my own topic:

I teribbly miss his Primeape and Bulbasaur. Primeape goes crazy everytime he appeares, and he is funny, whereas Bulbasaur, no doubt, is one of Ash's stronger Pokmeon.

miltankRancher

Years
I missed Pidgeot also. I actually cried when Ash left him to take care of the Pidgey's and Pidgeotto's. (well, i cry whenever Ash leave some of his Pokemon behind)

Years
Pidgeot or Primeape.
I was upset that he used primeape once, it finally started to like him then boom! Left it with some weird loud old guy.

miltankRancher

Years
Pidgeot or Primeape.
I was upset that he used primeape once, it finally started to like him then boom! Left it with some weird loud old guy.

Has to agree here. I thought Primeape would actually be a prime member of Ash's team but no. He's gone before ash could even use him properly.

Years
It's because Ash is always portrayed as being a relatively cocky underdog, hence the normal team of first evolutions
If he had a team with some of the ones he left behind which tend to be strong pokemon he would be pretty gnarly haha

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Username: ClassicCartoonsFTW
Favourite Gen 1 Pokemon: I like a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon, but Gengar and Pikachu are my favs
Partner Pokemon: Gengar (no nickname)

EDIT: I find it funny that Kanto and Johto share the same Pokemon League on the Indigo Plateau.
Unfortunately I don't have any access to B/W WiFi.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
hi there classiccartoons! Your name definitely fits the club!

and nice to see you liking Gengar. what made you like him?

Years
With Ash's oldies, it'll be cool if Charizard and Charla had an egg and it hatched into a Shiny, so then Ash could have a Shiny pokemon that's actually good.

looking at his best team it would be.
Pikachu
Charizard
Kingler
Sceptile
Glailie
Infernape
Not that much of a variety.

On the subject of Gengar, do you guys think Gengar could be the ghost of Clefable?

astoriachase

serene grace
Years
Username: astoriachase (but you can call me story or astoria)
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: lapras
Partner Pokemon: siren the staryu

I'm choosing Staryu cause I remember watching the episode where Misty battles Ash and her Staryu gets low on its HP. It makes this really cool siren-ish sound :)

Oh by the way, I'm ikaroschase's sister, just in case anyone was wondering about our similar names haha \(O-O)/

Have lots of love for the classics since they were practically my childhood. I'm hoping to make new friends here too :D

~Indigo Plateau~

miltankRancher

Years
On the subject of Gengar, do you guys think Gengar could be the ghost of Clefable?

I had this kind of talk back in my ghost type fan club. :) we made several points and arguments for it. LOL.

94.gif
vs
36.gif

you could see several similarities between the two, from the body shape, the ears, the feet and to the hands. also, if we consider the shiny sprite

94.png
36.png

gengar has a distinct lighter color, as the same with Clefable. Both's main color theme had been reduced by several degrees, and such.

and this one also.

36.gif
and
94.gif

both has the same animation, something to do with the feet (which is distinctly also alike) and the movement of the eyes.

This is just products of an overimaginative mind, but I firmly believe that gengar is indeed Clefable's shadow.

also, welcome Astoria! :)

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
classiccartoonsftw, I can't add you yet. First off, you can only have one partner Pokemon to start with. You must earn/buy additional ones. Also, you're missing one thing from your join post. Review the OP to find it.

Dave_, welcome! I'll go ahead and add you.

Jayster, that's an interesting idea... they do look sort of similar. Hmm......

EDIT: Whoa, ninja'd! Astoriachase, I'll add you too! I must say, this is the first time I've ever seen irl family on PC.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
Spr_5b_094.png
Spr_5b_036.png
Spr_b_5b_094.png
Spr_b_5b_036.png

that. is. highly. plausible.
well when you die you change right? so i'm guessing its a mutation if gengar were to be clefable's ghost.

astoriachase

serene grace
Years
Oh WOW. I have never thought about clefable being related to gengar before. This is very... mind-blowing? Interesting in fact. My opinion is that there is a high chance they are very, most likey, in many ways, related much. \(@-@)/ a little overwhelmed by the new revelation.

miltankRancher

Years
I have made several points up. LOL. but looking at their back sprites I have failed to notice before,

94.png
and
36.png

The fur at the back of Gengar may be the echo of Clefable's wings and such. Also Clefable's tuft of hair also matches the spikes on the head off gengar.

and, let me direct your attention to the glow on Clefable's and Gengar's front sprites.

The glow is basically the same!

Years
Then i suppose you can say that Ghastly and Jigglypuff are similar.
92.png
39.png

It just lost all the add ons to it's body and gained an auraish thing.

So it could be a mutant Jigglypuff/Clefairy thingo :O

astoriachase

serene grace
Years
@deoxys
thankyou very much then (: haha anyway, my sister's right beside me and we're chatting haha. she stole my mother's notebook and i'm using my lousy, slow netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back