• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I think I'll do my updates now. :)

I have added one more prize Pokemon to the club, this one being a shiny Calm Bulbasaur with near-flawless IVs. :) I have also claimed myself a new partner.

I have changed the inactivity policy. Now, inactive members will simply be moved to another part of the OP. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I'm starting a new topic, I guess.

What do you think is the least appreciated (or underrated) Gen I pokemon?

Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Underrated?

There are several really underrated Pokemon in the first generation. Here are some that comes to my mind.

Awesome pokemon. Access to Megahorn and earthquake makes this really a beast, coupled with a good Attack stat.

how the hell could you forget about this guy? Speed and then explodetonate!

Pretty bulky, and can dish out massive damage to unprepared teams. Lapras, IIRC, was once on the OU tier, but was banished to lower tiers in the coming generation.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Underrated... let's see... I'd say Butterfree and Beedrill. Butterfree in Gen V now has access to Quiver Dance, making up for what it lacked in the past. Two Quiver Dances, and Butterfree can become quite formidable. Then, there's Beedrill. Beedrill also has access to a good status move: Swords Dance. This makes up for Beedrill's below-average attack, and allows it to inflict great damage with STAB moves like X-Scissor and Poison Jab. Beedrill also has access to Toxic Spikes. :)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    Underrated... let's see... I'd say Butterfree and Beedrill. Butterfree in Gen V now has access to Quiver Dance, making up for what it lacked in the past. Two Quiver Dances, and Butterfree can become quite formidable. Then, there's Beedrill. Beedrill also has access to a good status move: Swords Dance. This makes up for Beedrill's below-average attack, and allows it to inflict great damage with STAB moves like X-Scissor and Poison Jab. Beedrill also has access to Toxic Spikes. :)
    I have the exact same thought. Butterfree also gets access to Tinted Lens which makes it even more useful ;)

miltankRancher

Years
    I have the exact same thought. Butterfree also gets access to Tinted Lens which makes it even more useful ;)

Agreeing here. I used to think Compundeyes is the better ability of the two, but when Bug Buzz isn't doing much damage I expected it to be, I turned to Tinted Lens (in PO of course. NU tier) It was a beast. Never mind the low accuracy of Sleep Powder. The ability to OHKO an Absol on a crit is epic.

Years
    Username: Aluminum76
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Dugtrio
    Partner Pokemon: Dugtrio (Duggy)

Yay! I love the INDIGO PLATEAU classics! They just look so original!

Butterfree is totally underrated. It was a great Bug and Flying type. I mostly used it for it's Psychic attacks.

miltankRancher

Years
    hi there PGF (I am lazy) and Aluminum! Welcome to the club!

Butterfree always has Psychic in his moveset when I am using him,

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Underrated now? Pidgey to Pidgeot. Mainly because of all the birds we have now to make it obsolete. I used to LOVE Pidgeot back in the R/B/G/Y days!

I'd have to say Kangkhshaslkdfj I can't even spell her name without getting frustrated. The Female Pokemon with the baby that's known for Dizzy Punch LOL She's like in a shadow and never used at all.

Years
    Pinsir is pretty powerful if trained right. They should have made an evolution for Pinsir but i suppose it's too late now isn't it?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    hi there PGF (I am lazy) and Aluminum! Welcome to the club!

Butterfree always has Psychic in his moveset when I am using him,
    I prefer Butterfree as a she but I always use a male one lol :D

Underrated now? Pidgey to Pidgeot. Mainly because of all the birds we have now to make it obsolete. I used to LOVE Pidgeot back in the R/B/G/Y days!

I'd have to say Kangkhshaslkdfj I can't even spell her name without getting frustrated. The Female Pokemon with the baby that's known for Dizzy Punch LOL She's like in a shadow and never used at all.
    agree with you here, Pigeot is a cool mon and has a great design. I love that mon ever since I started to play pokemon game and it is so sad that Pigeot is overshadowed by Staraptor due to the fact that Staraptor has access to one of the move that no other bird can get, Close Combat.

@ to all the new members: Welcome to the club and hope you all have a wonderful time with us ;)

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Alright, I'll just copy and paste in my updates here after this post. :) Pokemon Game Fan, and Aluminum76, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

I think I just might open up sign-ups for our next event tomorrow. I'm going to need plenty of participants, that's for sure. I will likely leave sign-ups open late, if necessary, until I get enough participants. It will be WiFi based, and recalling the earlier hint, it will be rather eggciting.

Jayster, I agree on Pinsir. Pinsir can be very powerful offensively, especially with access to Swords Dance. With 125 base attack, and 85 base speed, Pinsir is a force to be reckoned with. I just don't understand why Pinsir is NU.

Years
    I never liked Staraptor. Pidgeot too me will always remain the main flying type.
    So one asks you to name a flying type you immediately think of pidgey

I got my DS back finally but i lost all my save files on my r4 so it might be a while before i can properly attend wifi based events

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Jayster, I agree on Pinsir. Pinsir can be very powerful offensively, especially with access to Swords Dance. With 125 base attack, and 85 base speed, Pinsir is a force to be reckoned with. I just don't understand why Pinsir is NU.
    Well, someone buffed Pinsir to make it OU. If you don't believe me, you should check out this link:
    https://forums.garyoak.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=692

lewieboy124

Username: lewieboy124
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Pikachu
    Partner Pokemon: Pikachu

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    I always thought that Pidgeot was underrated. Same with Lapras.

Changing the topic, What do you think the most overrated Pokemon from Gen 1 is?

Years
    Lewieboy you need to check the rules and fill in the application properly :)

@Cartoonclassics That pinsir is broken and a half. :/

Overrated, Well i could say Gengar, sure it has good speed and special. But it's so fragile. One wing attack from a Pidgeot with good speed would screw it over.

miltankRancher

Years
    Lewieboy you need to check the rules and fill in the application properly :)

@Cartoonclassics That pinsir is broken and a half. :/

Overrated, Well i could say Gengar, sure it has good speed and special. But it's so fragile. One wing attack from a Pidgeot with good speed would screw it over.

Uhmmm... I think not. The maximum an uncrit Wing Attack from Pidgeot would do is 195 damage. But I see where you are going. Gengar is too frail, but that is his main role: take out as much as he can before going down. He is a glass cannong after all.

On topic however: I think Starmie is a pretty overrated Pokemon. I honestly could not see why it is deemed powerful. Yes, it has access to BoltBeam, plus a recovery move, and good speed. But that's it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back