• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what the current topic is but based on the current conversation, I'm getting most over/under-rated of Gen I? If so, I think most over-rated is Mewtwo. I hate that thing D: Everyone rants about how amazing it is etc, but it really isn't that good, it's just an unfairly high special attacking Psychic Pokemon. :3 As for under-rated, I have to go with Venomoth. Sure it gaining Quiver Dance in Gen V made it exceptionally good in lower-usage teams, but even before that is had a large array of interesting/unique moves. Moves such as Hypnosis and Confusion can really deal a lot of stacked damage given the aftermath from attacking a vulnerable Pokemon! I apply the same logic to Parasect, but unfortunately Parasect's typing does make it a less viable option...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I think I have to disagree with you on Mewtwo. It deserves the respect most of the pokemon community since it is really a powerful Pokemon. In fact, it was once known as the strongest Pokemon, much until Arceus arrived. Mewtwo is not overrated. It is well-rated. :)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    lewieboy, please review the rules and fix your join post before I can add you.

'Tis time for the event! The following is copy-and-pasted from what will be pasted into the OP after this post.

The Classic Eggs-change
    For this event, you start by breeding a Gen I egg in your Black or White version. Then, I will randomly match up participants to exchange eggs. I have yet to determine for how long I will hold this event.
    Signing up
    To sign up, post here indicating you would like to do so. Make sure to include your friend code, as well. I'll then add you to the participants list.
    Specific rules
    - You must NEVER let your egg hatch until the event is over.
    - You must keep what is in your egg a secret.
    - You must always trade the same egg, no trading other eggs you have lying around.
    - When it comes to baby forms of Gen I Pokemon, you may make eggs of only those that don't use an incense to breed to the baby form. i.e. Cleffa and Igglybuff OK, Mime Jr. and Munchlax are not.
    - Don't start trading your egg until I post matchups.
    - BOTH members who are matched up must post here confirming you have traded. Once all matchups have been confirmed as traded, I will post new matchups.
    - This event is not competitive. EVERY participant gets an equal reward: 100 points and a new partner or shiny upgrade. When you sign up, PM me with your new partner/shiny upgrade choice. These prizes will be enacted after the event is over.
    - I need as many people to participate as possible. Please sign up and invite people to the club who you think would be interested in the event.
    - And the most important rule: have fun!

Sign-ups will remain open for an undetermined amount of time; I will close them when I have enough participants.

lewieboy124

Username: lewieboy124
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Pikachu
    Partner Pokemon: Ash the Pikachu
    Why I like this Generation: The pokemon were just absolutely epic yet simplistic!
    I must say, it is tough getting through Indigo Plateau but after that, it's a breeze!

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I think I have to disagree with you on Mewtwo. It deserves the respect most of the pokemon community since it is really a powerful Pokemon. In fact, it was once known as the strongest Pokemon, much until Arceus arrived. Mewtwo is not overrated. It is well-rated. :)

This guy speaks the truth.

New Topic: Is there any Gen I pokemon that you like to constantly (or almost) use it in game?

Last edited:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    In my current playthrough of Yellow version I seem to be using my Butterfree a lot. And in my previous playthroughs of Yellow I remember raising and using a Butterfree a lot.

Years
    Always Charizard, if i don't have Charizard i feel incomplete.

I may also use Jolteon, Dragonite and Mewtwo. But other than that i'm more of a solo person in game.

Most of my others are mixed around, but i use gyarados or snorlax as a HM slave along with Farfetch'd(Dux)

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    This guy speaks the truth.

New Topic: Is there any Gen I pokemon that you like to constantly (or amost) use it in game?
    Ninetales is by far my favorite normal Pokemon, so of course I have to have a Drought Ninetales to go along with my Sunny Day party. And 3 Eevee's will evolve into Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon.

If I had to use Uber teams, Mew and Mewtwo would be ones to be used.

So pretty much 4 different Pokemon from First Generation I still use to this day.

miltankRancher

Years
    Snorlax will forever stay on my fave list. He is my second most favorite Pokemon, in all generation. He is too cute and cuddly so much. However, Gengar is also a close contender. I simply love its attitude in the episode where Ash caught Haunter. Playful.

Years
    Yeah, you'd expect Gengar to be scary and fearsome but it was a playful character in that episode. I don't mind it that much. It's quite strong as well.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Is there any Gen I pokemon that you like to constantly (or amost) use it in game?
    i always use Charizard and Arcanine

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    New Topic: Is there any Gen I pokemon that you like to constantly (or amost) use it in game?
    I use snorlax, gyarados, and haunter a lot.....oh, and a Pigeot, that bird is never missed in my team.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Alright, just gotta paste in my updates. :)

On topic: I have always loved Charizard. Thus, I very often find myself using Charizard when it's available in my game. I even use a Charizard in my RU team, this one being shiny. ;)

Years
    I don't care, it's Charizard. Give it good enough speed and the only thing that can really beat it is Aerodactyl and Kabutops.

Also Deoxys can i please get a Jolteon as a second partner called Bolt? :3

lewieboy124

I agree with deoxys121 and say that Charizard is always in my party in almost every single game you can receive it.

miltankRancher

Years
    Charizard is actually my favorite starter in Kanto. But I sometimes start out with Blastoise and Venusaur, for experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back