• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • OK, I have updated everything! mR, you still have yet to tell me what you want for your prize. You know, new partner or shiny upgrade.

ikaroschase, I've added your userbar!

gunnerpow7, welcome back! Your inactivity strikethrough has been removed.

As far as the next event, I think I'm gonna drop a little hint here. The next event, our first WiFi event, will be rather eggciting! That's your hint. :P

New topic: Do you think the Dragon and Ghost types were too rare in generation I, belonging to only one evolutionary line each?
    For me, since the Dragon type is supposed to be "mythical," I think it was appropriate to only give it to one evoltuinary line. But with the Ghost type, I think they could have given it to at least one other evolutionary line. Ghost-types are a unique type, yes, but not so unique that they truly deserved one stand-alone evolutionary line, imo.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    New topic: Do you think the Dragon and Ghost types were too rare in generation I, belonging to only one evolutionary line each?
    I don't think there were too few Pokemon with the Dragon and Ghost types, I think there were too few moves with said types. If there were more Dragon-type moves in RBY, then Gamefreak could've made Gyarados Water/Dragon, and Charizard Fire/Dragon. And Gengar should've got more Ghost typed moves in its movepool.

Another problematic thing in RBY was the fact that Psychic typed Pokemon were immune to Ghost typed moves. If Ghost typed moves were super effective on Psychic typed Pokemon, and if Gengar had more Ghost typed moves, then things would be way better.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I have sent you the pm! :)

On topic:

Personally, I think that the existence of few Dragon- and Ghost-types during the first generation is just okay. Dragon- is too strong a type to be distributed over a wide variety of Pokemon, which would make it look broken and such. Also, if it would be made common, Dragon-types would not be as famous as it is, right now.

On the topic of Ghost-types, I also think that Gengar is enough for the first generation. I mean, the existence of Ghost-types were just added for the Lavender Tower plot. And besides, Ghost don't exist in the real world right? Much like how Dragons don't, so maybe that explains why they are lacking in numbers during the first gen.

Also, I agree with cartoons. It is not the Pokemon that is lacking, it is the moves. C'mon, during the first generation, Dragon Rage is the only Dragon-type attack.

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Hehe,seems like this is a nifty club,maybe i might join? Oh and "Indigo Plateau" is that how spell it? :P

Username:Flame-Typhlosion
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charizard,Gengar,alot...
    Partner Pokemon: Shadow the Gengar

:D

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Everything's updated! Welcome, Flame-Typhlosion!

On topic: I agree that the moves were indeed lacking, as well. The only Dragon-type move was Dragon Rage. And since that move always deals 40 damage, there were no true Dragon-type moves in Gen I. Then with Ghost, there were only two moves: Lick and Night Shade. Lick is very weak, and Night Shade deals damage equal to the user's level. So, the only true Ghost-type move was lick.

miltankRancher

Years
  • which is actually not a strong move at all. that is what the first generation is lacking. a good distribution of moves over the types. I mean, why the abundance of normal type moves?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Members, you can now expect to see a few prize Pokemon added to the OP probably tomorrow! Remember, prize Pokemon are available to Gen V games only. To maintain stock for other members that may want the same Pokemon, they will be cloned prior to giving. Apart from cloning, they are 100% legit.

EDIT: Three prize Pokemon have now been added to the OP. As I am the one who donated them to the club, I earned the points for them. Elite Status is now in my grasp, as well! :D

Last edited:

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012

Yes,very. Just like everyone said,there was only dragon rage,lick and night shade,come on gen 1!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Ghost moves were lacking, but Psychic has all rights to be immune to Ghost. Infact, it's better that way. Because Psychics can see through anything and everything, they can see ghosts, and should be immune, because no other pokemon can. Now, it makes no sence.
    Well, if you think that Psychic Pokemon have all rights to be immune to Ghost-type moves, then I think there should be more Bug-type moves as well.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Well, if you think that Psychic Pokemon have all rights to be immune to Ghost-type moves, then I think there should be more Bug-type moves as well.

To counter the ever-growing strength of the Psychic types during the first generation. Of course. However, since Psychic type is immune to ghost-type that generation, Bugs need to exert a little more effort to be an effective counter during the first gen. which put strain on some... uhm... barely used Pokemons, such as Butterfree and such.

Years
  • I forgot there was a topic :P

Haha yeah, Dragon was great having a special one of a kind thing. Ghost would have been better if they expanded it because of Agatha.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Jayster23, I agree. It would have been worth it to expand the Ghost-type a bit more so that Agatha actually had a full team of her claimed specialty. And not have 3 different Pokemon from the same evolutionary line, smh. With Lance, while his only Dragon-types were of the same evolutionary line, his other Pokemon, Gyarados and Aerodactyl, made more sense because they still have a draconian appearance.

I'll be in the chat room for probably about the next 2-3 hours, though maybe idle for periods.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Jayster23, I agree. It would have been worth it to expand the Ghost-type a bit more so that Agatha actually had a full team of her claimed specialty. And not have 3 different Pokemon from the same evolutionary line, smh. With Lance, while his only Dragon-types were of the same evolutionary line, his other Pokemon, Gyarados and Aerodactyl, made more sense because they still have a draconian appearance.

Well, Agatha still made a challenge despite the lack of proper pokemon to utilize. Lance, on the other hand, had several dragon-looking pokemon to utilize which is pretty logical for him to use. Agatha had none, except Gengar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back