• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Justice For Caylee" - The Casey Anthony Trial

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't even know how Caylee can rest in peace considering she's passed on and no one is paying the price for her death.

Also, Zanaida Gonzalez (aka: Zanny the nanny) is apparently pressing charges against Casey, because Casey claimed she took Caylee. Turns out this woman does exist, and because people thought she took the child, she lost her job and was kicked out of her apartment.

As for the getting out in six days thing...still appalled no one is paying for the unfortunate death of this child. Sickens me.

dante1w

Banned
    Years
    I don't even know how Caylee can rest in peace considering she's passed on and no one is paying the price for her death.

Also, Zanaida Gonzalez (aka: Zanny the nanny) is apparently pressing charges against Casey, because Casey claimed she took Caylee. Turns out this woman does exist, and because people thought she took the child, she lost her job and was kicked out of her apartment.

As for the getting out in six days thing...still appalled no one is paying for the unfortunate death of this child. Sickens me.

Some people just disgust me. These people are the trash of humanity. Damn them !

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

It's better than the wrong person paying.

(was there enough to prove she wasn't? Nope.)

That's irrelevant. The prosecution carries the burden of proof, not the defense. It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until prove innocent. If the prosecution knew that their case was shoddy, they should have waited to bring it to trial.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    End result of it all though, there was no justice served for Caylee. We still don't know who murdered her and probably never will. Honestly though, I get that there wasn't enough proof to say she murdered her daughter. Fine. However, I don't see how there wasn't enough to pin her with Child Neglect/Abuse. Not reporting your daughter missing after thirty days, but you can go out and party is a careless act by a parent and neglecting the importance of a child's life. What's even worse is she wasn't even the one who reported her child missing, it was Casey's mom who had to do it.

In other news, I saw on the news this morning that Casey's release date was pushes back four days. So, instead of a July 13th release, she'll be out on the 17th.

Conjurer

The Verdant
    Years
    So basically she was pleaded not guilty because her daughter "drowned" with duct tape on her mouth, hid her body, and partied not a month after her daughter died? Common sense. I know the justice system leans more towards the guilty being set free rather than the innocent being imprisoned, but this is really ridiculous.

Makes you kind of sad though. A little girl dies in the states and the media goes crazy, meanwhile their army is killing a multiple of that number in the middle east, daily no less.

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
    Years
    Well it sickens me too that Casey didnt go to jail from a "lack of evidence", the defense's best argument was "she fell in the pool and drown". Honestly, what was the duct tape for then? To try to save her? I doubt it... Even if she DID drown, why would casey anthony hide her body,lie to police, and not report her missing if she had nothing to hide? This truely is evil personified.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm from the UK but I arrived in Florida, Orlando on the 29th June and it was on the news and I watched it nearly every day, the verdict everything I was sure she was going to be guilty but now she's released on Sunday.
    She's going to have to watch her back now though because she'll have no security & people basically want her dead :/

Aorio

this love will see me through.
    Years
    When I heard the verdict, I felt sick to my stomach.
    But regardless, what's done is done. I do believe that... that thing will get what's coming to her. OJ Simpson did, I guess you could say -- he's locked up for a completely unrelated crime than the obvious.
    I can guarantee you, though, if Casey had been a 40-year-old scruffy dirty man, she would not have gotten off. Look what the media's done to America. Feeling sorry for a MURDERER just because she's an attractive young female with a nice body and a trout pout.

I stopped following the happenings when I saw on the news that the ONLY people defending Casey were males about her age. One was holding up a proposal sign. It sickened me. So I shut off the TV.

Also, how about that justice system eh?

Years
    I don't feel sorry for her because she's "pretty". I will come out and say that I felt bad for what-his-name Peterson(?) for getting the death pentalty because I don't think that he commited the crime

But

anywho, I feel sorry for her because she's hated for something she didn't do. It's like all they see is a child dead and a mother not doing the Little-Miss-Perfect thing to do and they point a finger at her wanting to kill this woman. That is horrible.

Aorio

this love will see me through.
    Years
    I don't feel sorry for her because she's "pretty". I will come out and say that I felt bad for what-his-name Peterson(?) for getting the death pentalty because I don't think that he commited the crime

But

anywho, I feel sorry for her because she's hated for something she didn't do. It's like all they see is a child dead and a mother not doing the Little-Miss-Perfect thing to do and they point a finger at her wanting to kill this woman. That is horrible.

She KILLED Caylee. It's SO obvious. You do not go and party for an entire month when your 2-year-old little girl is DEAD.

And if she didn't kill Caylee, then why did she lie to police on multiple occasions? She would have absolutely no reason to if she wasn't hiding a murder. America KNOWS she killed her little girl.

And I think the Defense portrayed Casey as a wonderful mother when she absolutely wasn't. Cindy was the one that payed all the medical bills for Caylee. Cindy was the one who took care of her all the time. Casey just got knocked up from a one night stand and reproduced this beautiful little girl and then KILLED her because she didn't want to be tied down.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

But

We don't all agree with the death penalty, just so you know. And um, did you even pay attention to that case? I know this thread isn't about it, but there was more evidence against Scott Peterson than there was against Casey Anthony. Laci's blood was found on the boat she was last seen on, her body along with Conner's body washed up on the shore of the lake/river/whatever body of w-- you know, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laci_Peterson And that's honestly a more disgusting case than the Casey Anthony trial.

Anyway, back on this case, I think she's more hated for the lies she's given to the police, her family, etc. Have you seen the recording of her talking to her parents while she was in jail, during the time they were still searching for Caylee? She's sitting there lying the whole time, saying "Zanny the nanny" took her, laughing at the "drowning" incident being brought up, and she's even friendly with her dad, who she threw under the bus saying he molested her. Not everyone started pointing the fingers at Casey either. I know when I first heard pf Caylee's disappearance, the last person I was suspecting was Casey, but as the time goes on and the lies are revealed and evidence is shown, I lost my sympathy for this woman. No, she didn't do the "little miss perfect" thing, but no one is perfect. But even still, you don't go out and party, hang out with your boyfriend, etc. when your child is missing or dead. I'm legitimately baffled that you feel sorry for this woman. I mean, good luck to her trying to get her life back together after this whole ordeal where the country knows her name and face, but even still, I don't feel sorry for her. At all.

I can guarantee you, though, if Casey had been a 40-year-old scruffy dirty man, she would not have gotten off. Look what the media's done to America. Feeling sorry for a MURDERER just because she's an attractive young female with a nice body and a trout pout.

Unfortunately, this is true.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's better than the wrong person paying.

She gave false information to the police and reported Caylee missing after 31 days. Even if she didn't kill Caylee, she was still a horrible mother, and she deserved some jail time for child neglect and lying to the police.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    The jury acquitted, that's all I need to hear. "Beyond a reasonable doubt." This is the standard used to judge all alleged criminals and I stand by it wholly. If the jury saw fit to acquit, I am sure they had good reason for it.

Plus, I agree with Netto on this; there are tons of these sort of cases, all the hype is silly.

Guest123_x1

It is so shocking and ridiculous that Casey Anthony got off this easy. The verdict strongly reminds me of the Michael Jackson trial in 2005.
    Of the constant media coverage of this case, (I can't stand to watch the news much anymore) I found whatever I did catch to be sensationalist and over-the-top. Yet another major news event for the media to harp on about and sensationalize-just like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and the death of Anna Nicole Smith, as well as the O.J. Simpson case many years ago, along with the trial of Martha Stewart, the Enron scandal and subsequent collapse of said company, among many others.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    The jury acquitted, that's all I need to hear. "Beyond a reasonable doubt." This is the standard used to judge all alleged criminals and I stand by it wholly. If the jury saw fit to acquit, I am sure they had good reason for it.

Plus, I agree with Netto on this; there are tons of these sort of cases, all the hype is silly.

agreed. i doubt most of the people here objecting know everything that was presented to the jury. i would hate to see them on a jury accusing somebody of being guilty because a girl is pretty and boys support her.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2011

We don't all agree with the death penalty, just so you know. And um, did you even pay attention to that case? I know this thread isn't about it, but there was more evidence against Scott Peterson than there was against Casey Anthony. Laci's blood was found on the boat she was last seen on, her body along with Conner's body washed up on the shore of the lake/river/whatever body of w-- you know, here: (I even have to delete other people's links in order to post! That's silly). And that's honestly a more disgusting case than the Casey Anthony trial.

No, Laci's body was found in the bay - but could not have been there more than 2 weeks and was almost certainly not there for more than a day. Conner was never in the water. He was found above the highest high tide mark.

Scott Peterson is a completely innocent man. Here are three pieces of evidence to prove it:

1) Laci Peterson could not have been in the sea for more than 14 days at the extreme outside. 16 weeks is impossible - there would remain only a few scattered bones of hers and nothing of the baby. Read about this here: (Link deleted owing to the 'rules' Don't blame me).

2) Every witness in the trial gave testimony based on science or experience that the baby was full term. Dr's Henry Lee and Cyril Wecht did the same, although they weren't called to testify. This means that a baby aged 32 weeks and one day went into the water (allegedly) and a full term (37 - 40 weeks) came out (allegedly). Here is a quote from Dr. Wecht:
    "After Henry and I examined Laci Peterson's body for nearly ninety minutes, technicians brought in the body of Conner Peterson. ... The biggest issue was the baby's body development. To obtain an accurate estimate of age, we measured the baby's length. Decomposition does not impact length because a person's bone structure does not shrink from immersion. Conner measured about nineteen and one-half inches, which is technically within the range of a full-term baby. Plastic tape had been and still was wrapped around the neck and held there by a knot."

3) Laci Peterson's underwear had the seat only worn out. The front was intact, the seat was missing. This would have taken weeks and would not have happened post mortem. Read about this here:

Other link deleted according to the 'rules'. Google for (The Voice of Sanity Three separate witnesses to innocence) and you'll find them.

So we have three unshakable pieces of evidence each proving that Laci and Conner lived long after Dec 24th. This makes Scott innocent, without a doubt. Every other piece of evidence, without exception, proves the same thing. Not one piece of prosecution evidence goes to guilt. Not one.

THREE separate witnesses, each of whom independently prove the innocence of Peterson.

Anyway, back on this case, I think she's more hated for the lies she's given to the police, her family, etc. Have you seen the recording of her talking to her parents while she was in jail, during the time they were still searching for Caylee? She's sitting there lying the whole time, saying "Zanny the nanny" took her, laughing at the "drowning" incident being brought up, and she's even friendly with her dad, who she threw under the bus saying he molested her. Not everyone started pointing the fingers at Casey either. I know when I first heard pf Caylee's disappearance, the last person I was suspecting was Casey, but as the time goes on and the lies are revealed and evidence is shown, I lost my sympathy for this woman. No, she didn't do the "little miss perfect" thing, but no one is perfect. But even still, you don't go out and party, hang out with your boyfriend, etc. when your child is missing or dead. I'm legitimately baffled that you feel sorry for this woman. I mean, good luck to her trying to get her life back together after this whole ordeal where the country knows her name and face, but even still, I don't feel sorry for her. At all.
    Unfortunately, this is true.

Casey Anthony is almost certainly innocent as well, but the public will never understand why. Sad, sad, sad.

Back