• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Justice For Caylee" - The Casey Anthony Trial

Years

You buy that bull crap? Honestly, what kind of person lets an accident slip into that? Who tries to cover it up making it look like homicide? If my child accidentally drowned, the last thing I'm going to do is put duct tape on his/her mouth, put her in a bag in my trunk, etc. I wouldn't try to cover it up like a homicide, else you get this situation, hence why the whole "accidental drowning" stuff the defense claimed happened is just utter and complete bull. You just directly quoted them too.

And if she loves kids, well, Kenshin5 beat me to the punch here. Why go out and party after your child's death? Why wait a month to report her missing, when she's not really missing? And it was Casey's mother that reported her missing, not Casey herself. You've pretty much let that drowning claim brainwash you. I don't know anyone that believes it. You're honestly the first.

I believe it because the points made from the defense coincided with that. I mean the prosicution didn't prove that the defendent was guilty other than slam her endlesly and make us all hate her. That's what it felt like to me.

The accident thing has many theories to it. My main one is that I think that the mother didn't tell because she didn't want this the blow up in her face like it has now and was trying to deal with the situation in a different way? Think about it, when she was partying, do you really think she was enjoying herself?

So yeah, my thoughts are completely my own, but I agree with the defense entrially. I think that they spoke for both.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If she reported her missing in the first place or reported an accidental drowning. This would be a none issue or at least a minor one in the first place. Far from a nation wide news story. Child neglect happens every day, accidental drownings happen from time to time. Going out partying for a month while you have no contact with your child, making up bogus stories, and then throwing the blame on other people like her dad is a whole different thing entirely. The defensive didn't make us hate her, but the way she carried herself did. I honestly saw more emotion from her after she was found not guilty then I did when she found out her child was dead, or through any of the trial and before then.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If she reported her missing in the first place or reported an accidental drowning. This would be a none issue or at least a minor one in the first place. Far from a nation wide news story. Child neglect happens every day, accidental drownings happen from time to time. Going out partying for a month while you have no contact with your child, making up bogus stories, and then throwing the blame on other people like her dad is a whole different thing entirely. The defensive didn't make us hate her, but the way she carried herself did. I honestly saw more emotion from her after she was found not guilty then I did when she found out her child was dead, or through any of the trial and before then.

This, essentially. If she really hadn't been enjoying her partying, I'm sure she wouldn't have continued. The prosecution and news stories may have fueled our dislike of Casey, but honestly, like Kenshin said, she did that on her own. I don't need Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew telling me how bad she is. I didn't like her lies, I didn't like her stone cold poker face, I didn't like any of it. She made herself look bad. While everything else may have contributed and blown it up more, I can honestly say I didn't like her beforehand. The many things she did wrong made me dislike her, not the prosecution. And I can't say it enough times...she made herself this unlikable person. She never seemed like a great person from the start.

The accident thing has many theories to it. My main one is that I think that the mother didn't tell because she didn't want this the blow up in her face like it has now and was trying to deal with the situation in a different way? Think about it, when she was partying, do you really think she was enjoying herself?

If that's her way of dealing with the death of her daughter, then that's just ridiculous. I don't know a parent that can tell me they'd deal with the death of their child, whether it be accident or at their own hands, by going out and partying, hanging out with their boyfriend/girlfriend, getting a tattoo, etc. It's an oddball case. While I can see where you're coming from with that point, it's just...too mind boggling for me to believe. She showed no remorse in court, and I don't think she had much remorse in the first place.

Years
    Eh the tattoo thing.... I think that it was gotten in honor of that litlle girl. I mean, she was already dead, so I think that in phrase; she"s living the beautiful life. Heaven is the beautiful life.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    People die from drowing all the time. Casey Anthony had no burden to prove it was accident, it is the prosecution's burden is to pove that it wasn't. They failed to produce a motive for Casey Anthony to murder her daughter, nor did they produce a cause of death. That's plenty of reasonable doubt, which is all that's needed to acquit. They based their case on what? That she partied too much? That's not convincing evidence.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Eh the tattoo thing.... I think that it was gotten in honor of that litlle girl. I mean, she was already dead, so I think that in phrase; she"s living the beautiful life. Heaven is the beautiful life.

That's a good way to look at it. But even though life in Heaven is a beautiful life, two years of an earthly life just isn't fair. Caylee didn't get to live a full, beautiful life. And Casey's life isn't too beautiful now, is it?

People die from drowing all the time. Casey Anthony had no burden to prove it was accident, it is the prosecution's burden is to pove that it wasn't. They failed to produce a motive for Casey Anthony to murder her daughter, nor did they produce a cause of death. That's plenty of reasonable doubt, which is all that's needed to acquit. They based their case on what? That she partied too much? That's not convincing evidence.

With that as "evidence," then that'd make a lot of parents unfit. Like I said, the prosecution was weak. And it really, really sucks, for lack of a better phrase.

So, has anyone heard of Caylee's Law? Or well, the petition for it to come in play. And has anyone signed it? I signed last night. :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm as optimistic as the person next to me, and I even try to find the light in all people regardless of the wrong they may have committed, but Casey in no way portrayed any sort of sympathy or grief for her daughter's loss after she went missing. Period.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    A couple of the jurors have gone to the media today.

Number 3, I think it was. Just saw it as I was walking by the TV. Supposedly, they don't think she's innocent, but they didn't know what to convict her with, so they let her walk...

Uhhh...

Years

She was out clubbing and getting smashed, mere days after her child was declared missing. Even you should be able to see that something isn't right there.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

She was out clubbing and getting smashed, mere days after her child was declared missing. Even you should be able to see that something isn't right there.

People have strange ways of coping with grief. That doesn't seem right, but something not seeming right is far behind proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Years
    Um, isn't dying from drowning a cause of death anyway? Aren't you at all upset that a little girl is dead AND NOBODY is being held responsible?!

Years

I'm as optimistic as the person next to me, and I even try to find the light in all people regardless of the wrong they may have committed, but Casey in no way portrayed any sort of sympathy or grief for her daughter's loss after she went missing. Period.
    Yeah she did. Did she say that all she wanted was for Caylee to come home? :p

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Um, isn't dying from drowning a cause of death anyway? Aren't you at all upset that a little girl is dead AND NOBODY is being held responsible?!

It would be even worse for the wrong person to be executed over it. The mother already spent 3 years behind bars even though she could very well be innocent.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The thing is though, even though her mother looks totally guilty, everyone is sure something's up, and gut-feeling is that she's lying and is guilty... there just wasn't a good enough case against her. Maybe she's just an awful, horrible person who DIDN'T care that her kid hadn't been home. Maybe she thought she left her with someone responsible who didn't and things just happened the wrong way? I don't really believe any of it but since the evidence did not prove without a doubt that she did the deed, she didn't get charged. It's not about if she showed grief or what she did after her daughter was no longer around, it was (to my understanding) purely about whether or not she directly killed her daughter. And that couldn't be proven, nor would I want a jury to convict someone on charges with a possible death sentence over circumstantial evidence.

Though I'm still amazed there were no charges pressed for child neglect or anything. (Because whether she did it or not, not reporting your child missing for a MONTH is neglect in my eyes.) :/ I just don't know enough about law to know if that's something valid or if it's another of those "well, she SHOULD have done ____ but isn't legally required to...." and so on.

Years
    There's nothing wrong with the jury in this case. The prosecution had almost no credible evidence against Ms. Anthony. If you followed the case almost everyday, you could tell it was probably going to work in her direction.

Also, I heard this on the radio today: You can believe in your heart that she did it (which I'm sure nearly everyone is feeling), but when it comes down to it and you read through everything possible for and against her, it points in her direction that she is not guilty. I honestly think she had a major role in the disappearance of her daughter, but evidence tells me otherwise.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    As another rebuttal to the "bella vita" tattoo being in Caylee's honor, wouldn't it have been more honoring if Caylee wasn't in a bag in the trunk and later dumped in the woods? Hmm.

A couple of the jurors have gone to the media today.

Number 3, I think it was. Just saw it as I was walking by the TV. Supposedly, they don't think she's innocent, but they didn't know what to convict her with, so they let her walk...

Uhhh...

I wondered that too. It makes sense, but then again...it just doesn't. If you're all unsure as to whether or not the person in question is guilty, then you probably aren't ready to reach a verdict. But of course, something has to be said, and in the end, they did their jobs. There wasn't a clear shot that pointed right at Casey saying that she killed Caylee, and they had reasonable doubt and went with that.

Nameless.

It's terribly frustrating when you know someone is blatantly guilty, but they get away because their tracks are covered too well.

Casey Anthony, you better watch your back girl. God may forgive you in time, but your fellow man won't.
    It wouldn't make anyone better than her to kill her, but that doesn't mean she'll get out without punishment from people.

Back