• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KidsWB dropping pokemon when they become CW

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    Tbone2356 said:
    Disney May Want Pokemon But I Could Not See An Anime Show Mix In With So Called "Disney Comedys", I Mean That Channel Isnt Exactly Anime Or Any Thing To Do With Action Friendly.

Nickelodean Went From The Best Channel To The Worst Channel With All THose Stupid New Shows. Ex- Zoey 101. If Pokemon Was Put Their I Wouldnt Watch It.

Cartoon Network I Could Deifnetly See Holding Pokemon, It Would Be Better If It Was On Miguzi (New Episode Everyday!). But It Would Proabably Be On Toonami, Most Anime Shows Are.

I Hope Either Disney, 4kids Or Cn Gets Pokemon, Most Likeley CN Because Theyve Had Pokemon On Before, Not New Episodes, Just Repeats.

How bout MY suggestion, with the condition that PUSA keeps the 4kids actors, 4kids agrees to air iton 4kidstv.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • Jirachi-master said:
    How bout MY suggestion, with the condition that PUSA keeps the 4kids actors, 4kids agrees to air iton 4kidstv.

Isnt That What 4kids Wanted To Do But Pusa Took It Away From Them?

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    mewthree w/armor said:
    Sad what it's come down to. The anime is what got me into Pokemon. Very sad to possibly see it end this way.
    sll we can do is hope it goes to another network.

Years
  • Someone else reported this as I was going to. Oops.

Unlike the majority, I'm seeing this as a positive change. We've all endured Kids' Wb's idiocy with the horrible bodily function promos, the burning out episodes to the point of making the entire concept obsolete, the mismanagement, now we can finally get rid of that and go back to the series' original slot: syndication. Plus the added bonus of ditching the crap did we have to endure in order to wait for Pokemon? Enough I say.

CN: it's possible but considering that network is gone downhill and that they have the rights to the old episodes but won't air them (despite them being ratings draws) for some reason or another, let's just leave Warner Brothers out of the picture.

I do find it hypocritical that they want to drop anime programming now considering how much they overloaded on it in the early 00's as Pokemon made anime popular for them to try more anime in the first place. Of course, with CN's obsession with animes, this is further ironic.

If only I didn't like DC, to attempt to like Legion (has the Teen Titans creators behind it); I'd never watch WB again. I always said to myself that when Pokemon ends, I can be free of this network. Now I got my wish but not the way I wanted it though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    Chill dudes, it's not the end. This is what I posted on my site:

PokeBeach.com said:
    From talking to a certain someone, I can assure you all that PUSA/PUI already knew this was coming a while ago, and that plans were already made to move the show (Heck, even Eric Stuart knew about it). I am not sure if the WB dropped the show or if PUSA wanted to move it, but from the press release above saying that Pokemon had "soft ratings," which we all know is not true since Pokemon was one out of two of the top rated shows on the WB last time ratings were released (Xialon Showdown was tied with it for first), it would seem as if the WB is pulling a "if we can't get the show, we'll just bash it" maneuver. While that may or may not be true (as it is just coming from reading the press release), what is true is that Pokemon will be airing next season. It's not a question of if or if it will not air, it's a question of where it will air. My source should be informing me via e-mail when he/she can to tell me what is going to happen (they are not allowed to say much of anything now), so stay tuned here for more information! Hope this makes you all less panicky about the situation. And hey, if worst comes to worst and you cannot watch it wherever it airs, there's always our weekly episodes that you can watch here (check the previous news story)! tongue Remember, Pokemon moved from UPN a while ago too when it was first showing, and it still managed to live. This might even turn out to be a good thing - we could possibly be getting re-runs of episodes on an everyday basis on whichever station it decides to air on (since my source did tell me a while ago that PUSA does have rights to air the 4Kids dubbed episodes). Anyways, we'll keep you updated here, so keep checking back for any new developments!

Years
  • I was going to edit my post but yes, Pokemon is saving Kids WB, look at the airing for the Deoxys movie. Got the best ratings since 01. Not bad for a dying franchise.

I just wish you could show more of your source but yes, that's the bane of the net: no rules and hard to double check at times as all sources could be false.

Just wait and see, I guess.

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • Oh great. Here I was hoping when UPN in my area becomes CW I could watch Pokémon on TV again. If it ends up on cable I'll be doing the same thing on every Saturday night/Sunday morning: downloading them!

I notice about the NBC Saturday lineup that they're ditching Discovery Kids soon. Hope that one of the major networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX?) airs them in the fall. Seems like the only thing to watch on the newly CW is Smallville...but I'm going off topic here.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I was OH MI!!!!! When I saw the news last night. I was just unable to post anything.

Well. Ok. This is bad but hoping that it will be shown somewhere else brings hope.

I just wish they wouldn't lie to us saying it been having droping ratings because we know it is a high rating show. We are not stupid because why would 4Kids keep it for this long? They making money and it a high rating show which makes it perfect for 4Kids to keep. Then it what ever high busness channel want except that they have to pay more to keep it. Then if the show's ratings were going down then it must have been in just this season which is bad to judge on just one season. They just want to get rid of it becasue they have to pay another company. They just lied to us.

I seen the fall line up and I saying the only thing worth watching is Showdown and The Batman. I just hating the others because they look to little kidish for me. Then also I don't like the idea that they are bring back Tom and Jerry.

CN is the best bet that we going to get if they going to show Pokemon on a different network. The problem is that CN is going to kill us with new episodes everyday which is BAD!!!! The show will die out and being hated. It be just like with GX. Like I said on the Pokemon on CN tread, It be best on Miguezi but they can't be showing new shows everyday. It will die out and people are going to hate watching reruns in order to wait for them to dub new episodes. They can't show it on Toonami because it not action and too little kidish for that time slot. Then it too late for the little kids. If they show new episodes on Miguezi once a week then show reruns the other four days then it be better but that won't happen because it to hard for CN to do something that smart.

It also be better if they show it on a pubic/non cable network in order for everybody to see it. The reason the Pokemon anime exist is to promote the games so if it on a non cable channel then everybody can watch it.

Good or bad. We see what will happen.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • I agree with Dark Charaxes. He's reminded me of a very important thing; which is that Kids'WB really REALLY sucks. Their promos (farting Flea anyone? Not to mention the mention of the Elite Four with the Frontier Brains in the background... ugh...) were stupid, and I believe they had some hands in certain edits of the anime. Good riddance I say.

WaterPKMNMaster makes a good point too. PUSA wouldn't have gotten on the bandwagon of dubbing this show without knowing that this was coming. Companies don't just buy things without knowing that they will make a good deal of profit. So... I think it would be safe to assume they had plans.

I think I'll just put this issue at the back of my mind for now... and instead focus on the upcoming special airing this weekend. >.>

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Wow, I'm surprised. I bet it will go to Cartoon Network now. I guess they rather have the Lunitics, Johny Test, Coconut Fred, and some of the other crappy shows they have on than Pokemon. I'm also sad to see YU-GI-OH end, but it was over anyway. *Hates GX* WB was a pretty good network to watch, but now it's crap. (Except Xiolin Showdown, although I feel it's getting worse)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    Im just scared it will go to cable. Even if I saw the episodes online, it just wouldnt be the same as kicking back on Saturday mornings and watching it. Its become so much a part of me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ..................................No...................................

*dies*

Use words. Spamming will make the Pikachus revolt. Thanks.

-Dark Charaxes

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • WaterPKMNMaster said:
    I'd post my source, but if I did, I'd jeopardize the person's job at PUSA.

Can you place an alternative source then or something that gives modicum of proof? Just something that we're on the right track?

Anyway, Reyna, calm down. Yes, they lied and yes, they don't want to outsource anymore but is this anything new? Look at CN: half their schedule are their own and the rest almost public domain or dirt cheap and cancel the rest.

The issue is why the about face now when outsourcing had done so well in the past. CN has this problem too (the Titans/JLU/DCAU cancellations), just their way to fix are cheap knockoffs since quality has since been long gone. I think the whole Warner empire will start to topple if they keep doing these annoyances with the various fanbases. And Pokemon has a big enough one to make a difference.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • Dang, I'm a little late to here this news, so everything I would have said has been mentioned already... Oh well, I responded anyway.

I agree with Dark Charaxes. I'm Happy about the change really. I've been getting really tired of how Kids WB treated Pokemon, and how much they kept screwing up with the show in commercials.

I also see know real worry in the show ever going away. The bad ratings were a lie plain and simple. Besides, there is no way Kids WB would give a show with low ratings an entire full hour every Saturday mouring.

Considering the fact that the news about Pokemon USA getting the rights to Pokemon was around the same time if not after the news of CW. It was pretty obvious that they new about this from the start (or else they wouldn't have bought it).

If 4kids had any real intentions of airing it on 4kids TV, they probably wouldn't have sold the rights to the show in the first place. so my guess is that it wont be there.

I highly doubt the Disney channel would get the rights to Pokemon, unless they wanted to air it on Toon Disney, but even then it seems like very low chance of that happening. It just doesn't fit with the show they normally get (with the exception of Digimon).

Like said, Even though CN has aired Pokemon before, CN already had/has the rights to the old episodes, but just aren't airing them. With their ever changing scheduel and lack of wanting to air Pokemon in the first place, its hard to see them picking it up as an actual show to continually keep up with. They seem to like to play around with Pokemon, but never officially keep it.

I'd say it highly likley that Pokemon will air on a new channel. Its really hard to see where our beloved show will go, we can hope for the best. Either way I'm not really that worried about it. Pokemon has survived many things, and has moved channels before. I'd rather wait for news and deal with it then. Besides, I'll follow the show wherever it goes. The best part is that I'll never have to deal with the WB again since I only watched it for Pokemon.

Years
  • Ari-chan said:
    Like said, Even though CN has aired Pokemon before, CN already had/has the rights to the old episodes, but just aren't airing them. With their ever changing scheduel and lack of wanting to air Pokemon in the first place, its hard to see them picking it up as an actual show to continually keep up with. They seem to like to play around with Pokemon, but never officially keep it.

The best part is that I'll never have to deal with the WB again since I only watched it for Pokemon.

That's a good observation. I think it's more testing to see if the fanbase would respond. At least they somewhat acknowledge it as the fifth season was around for a while. Of course given their track record in other fandoms, trick knee points out cynicism.

As for Disney, I would be more optimistic if their Miramax branch didn't screw up the movies like they have. You want being lied to, Reyna, go to them.

As for your last comment. Yep. We're free of Kids WB. I almost want to throw a party. Hehehe. Anyone with me?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Now I don't get this, I really really don't get this. Pokemon's ratings can't be all that bad, not bad enough for WB to throw Pokemon out on their butt. I'm going to agree with David in saying it's all about money. Because I can't think of any other reason out there.
    Sure Pokemon isn't as large as it used to be, but we're still getting games, them games are making it to the top of the sells chart, and so on. So I think WB is really really stupid for letting Pokemon go.

I really don't care if Cartoon Network or Disney gets it. I get both of them but I'd like it on CN more then Disney (Pokemon is already on there and so on).

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I just hope they don't show it on Miguzi, but somewhere else, since on Miguzi they have a tendancy to show a lot of re-runs, or restart the show, of they might start back way before where the show is now, etc... I think Kids Wb! is the best place at the time, and hopefully they'll change their minds by the time they were planning on taking it off the air. Actually, (not to put anybody down) I for one think that most (Such as Jhonny Tes and Loonatics, etc...) the shows that are currently being shown on Kids WB are pretty bad and junky, and worse then pokemen by far. For now, I think its just best to hope that Kids WB! will just do away with one of there other shows and keep pokemon...

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • If It Never Finds A New Home Im Moving To Canada And Learning Their Launguage and will watch it there!

If This Does Happen This Is What Will Become Of Pokemon:

Pokemon will be moved to a channel and make millions there.

Kids Wb will see what a mistake they made and want to get rights agian

If they get them no pokemon fan would watch it their and Kids wb would get cancelled

Pokemon would air somewhere else.

Back