• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • I have also just watched Zootopia and it is now one of my favorite movies if not my favorite.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Last movie I watched was Beauty and the Beast. The original from 1991, I guess to sort of be prepared for the live action?
    I can say that the Stockholm Syndrome is real and obvious in this film. Kind disconcerting. Gaston was an okay-ish villian I guess? Aside from all of that, the songs were fantastic. Best was definitely 'Beauty and the Beast' sung by Angela Lansbury. Hauntingly beautiful and full of emotion. Especially coupled with the visuals. Definitely one of the best scenes from a Disney movie. 10/10.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • So yesterday I saw 2 movies Finding Dory and Central Intelligence.

Finding Dory was great like seriously amazing and even if you hated finding nemo (which if you did your like the 6% of the world) you should still go see it cause it might even be better :3

Central Intelligence was funny as heck and I really liked it but the plot was alittle well ya not quite sure what happended there...but it was funny xD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Sharktopus vs Pteracuda.

I love this stupidly dumb, cheesy, yet funny (for whatever reasons) movie. It has everything i like in a cheesy monster movie - Human characters being unlikable cardboard avatars who are just waiting to be munched on, comically bad CGI that makes Playstation 1 graphics look like a Pixar masterpiece, a plot that only serves as padding for the movie, Conan O' Brien's acting debut where he gets into a truly violent, deliciously disgusting, and darkly humorous segment, gory deaths of human "characters" to glorify the presence of the titular creatures, basically everything about this movie is what i simply love. Cheesy, mindless, monster fusion action.

I rate it a SUPERMURDER out of a Mass Murder. Its not a very good movie, but its dumb fun that one can watch as long as they know how to not take it seriously.

Years
  • Rewatched Iron Man the other day. Well, put it on in the background while doing other stuff. Still, it holds up really well. Makes me want to watch more RDJ movies.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • A few days ago, I Watched "Er is wieder da" or in english, "look who is back"

With everything that is happening in Europe and USA, This movie is really fitting.
    Great comedy at start, but sends out a really clear message in the end. Reaally good movie, one of the best I have seen this year. :O

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I caught The Neon Demon last night. shit was crazy. I'm a pretty big Nicolas Winding Refn fan so I was kind of expecting to like this a lot, which I did, even if it starts off kinda shakily. I adore the aesthetic of this film and others like it so it was kind of a given. clunky dialogue / acting, but those are two of the things I care about the least unless they're absolutely horrific, so no biggie. good stuff.

Years
  • Only Lovers Left Alive, the vampire film with Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston, and also Mia Wasikowska and the late Anton Yelchin. It was good, very engaging, kind of hypnotic. I'm not the best at explaining these kinds of things, but it felt like one of those kinds of movies that people who like mainstream movies and people who like artsy movies could both like. Lots of references to all kinds of things like music and literature and so on so if you want to feel cultured for a few hours there's that too.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Only Lovers Left Alive, the vampire film with Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston, and also Mia Wasikowska and the late Anton Yelchin. It was good, very engaging, kind of hypnotic. I'm not the best at explaining these kinds of things, but it felt like one of those kinds of movies that people who like mainstream movies and people who like artsy movies could both like. Lots of references to all kinds of things like music and literature and so on so if you want to feel cultured for a few hours there's that too.
    I've never seen that one but Jim Jarmusch is one of my favorite directors!

speaking of which, I rewatched Broken Flowers last night which is one of my favorites and a movie I will never stop rallying for. it's about Bill Murray as a man named Don Johnston who gets a letter with no return address about his 19-year-old son he has no knowledge of. he then goes around the country trying to find the mother. it's really slow and spare but if you submit to its rhythm it's super rewarding and touching and funny. plus you get to see lonely aging Bill Murray meet an animal communicator and drive for a long time. it's a great film.

Years
  • I've never seen that one but Jim Jarmusch is one of my favorite directors!

speaking of which, I rewatched Broken Flowers last night which is one of my favorites and a movie I will never stop rallying for. it's about Bill Murray as a man named Don Johnston who gets a letter with no return address about his 19-year-old son he has no knowledge of. he then goes around the country trying to find the mother. it's really slow and spare but if you submit to its rhythm it's super rewarding and touching and funny. plus you get to see lonely aging Bill Murray meet an animal communicator and drive for a long time. it's a great film.

I might have to give that movie a try. For whatever reason Bill Murray is a real turn-off to me in movies so I dismissed this one out of hand. But I'll give a try to a movie I wouldn't normally consider if it's by a director who's given me one good movie.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I might have to give that movie a try. For whatever reason Bill Murray is a real turn-off to me in movies so I dismissed this one out of hand. But I'll give a try to a movie I wouldn't normally consider if it's by a director who's given me one good movie.
    aw! I love Bill. if Bill puts you off though try Dead Man if you've never seen it; another one of my favorites of Jarmusch's.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • Wow, you guys just made me realize it's been quite a bit since I watched a movie... I guess Star Wars: The Force Awakens over a month ago lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I watched two movies recently The Blues Brothers and Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

Blues Brothers is a hilarious movie , great soundtrack, fun car chases, many quotable lines i'm glad that i finally got around to watching it i would definitely place it in my top ten.

Ghost Protocol's alright, It and Rouge Nation are the only Mission Impossible movies that i've watched all the way through and i would say that in terms of quality Rouge Nation is miles ahead of Ghost Protocol but that being said i think that it's still a fun flick.

Years
  • Last night I saw Zootopia and it was good like people said it would be, but not like the best thing I've ever seen. Definitely one of the better Disney movies of late though, especially for a talking animal movie. Usually those are the worst.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    mephisto (1981)

like hungarian/german artsy films with bitterly obvious subtext? this is for you!

Years
  • Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier yesterday for Eagle Day. Still a good movie. Holds up. Some of the plot holes are more obvious now, while some I things I missed the first time were actually pretty well set up and made sense of what looked like plot holes before.

Back