• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

Years
    I watched The Revenant earlier today, it was really good and the fact that Leo won an Oscar with so little lines compared to some of his other films shows how good of an actor he really is.

Years
    Moana was pretty good, just saw it yesterday. Maybe not see-it-in-theatres-good, but I'm sure kids will watch it over and over.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    So i did a quadruple feature with my friends yesterday and saw (in order):

Passengers which was the best movie that night and easily worth a 5/5 in my opinion because of the amazing animation, attention to detail, character development and the obvious amazing actors :3

Second was originally gonna be sing but since it sold out we saw Assasins Creed which was the worst one that night. Now I'm not a fan of Assasins Creed so I cant speak much on the subject but the movie had okay acting at best and didnt really appeal to anyone outside of the fandom so it was kinda hard to enjoy it and made it a 1.5/5 in my opinion.

Third up was Collateral Beauty which was most likely good for the average viewer. For me I enjoyed it buuuuut I could guess the ending before it reached the halfway point. I enjoyed the plot, acting and premise though so its easily a 3.5/5 in my opinion.

Lastly was Moana which was (as most disney movies are) amazing. Good vocals, great animation, nice plot, kept me questioning I mean I could go on and on. The only reason I won't give it a 5/5 is because it had some unanswered plot holes which I won't elaborate on because spoilers hehe. Anyways in my opinion overall it was a 4/5 and I will probably go see it again someday along with Passengers.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    nocturnal animals

shouldn't have watched it on putlocker because there were five minutes of scenes missing lmao
    when i watch the proper version i'll be able to say whether i liked it more - but i felt like while a single man was tom ford's better effort, it's proven that he is by no means a one hit wonder and should definitely be considered as someone with artistic merit behind the camera as well as creating items for it. jake gyllenhaal & michael shannon hit it out of the park, while i thought that amy adams got the look down (the final shot is haunting) but was overpowered by the sheer drama of the story and the much more compelling performances around her. i look forward to what else tom ford can bring us in the future.

singin' in the rain

every single aspect of this movie has held up over the years - even the natural clunkiness of the writing style of the time is endearing and doesn't detract at all. the setpieces are beautiful, the dance numbers stunning and the actors immortal. gene kelly really did no better than this totally-not-cary-grant impression and i can believe every bit of the charisma and debonair persuasion involved. debbie reynolds matched his charm with her own magnetism, combining the natural talent and youthful prowess expected of the golden age with a delightful girl next door charm. absolutely beautiful movie. oh debbie.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Underworld: Blood Wars.

More like why is this movie franchise still around? So we can still see more of Kate Beckinsale in her black body suits? I wouldn't mind that but to be completely honest, after watching every entry (YEP) in this series, i can safely say that it just has to stop.

• Awkwardly long scenes where nothing happens.
    • Spoiler:
    • Exposition City. Explaining what happened, what's happening, and what will happen. WHY. Because STORY & NARRETIVE
    • The Dark Blue color scheme that the film (and the series as a whole) uses in order to look "EDGY" was getting rather old. It was already an issue from the first film, but its what people remember the film series.

The only good thing i can say is that Kate Beckinsale for all these years, still looked damn good in her role as Selene. And i do have to commend that rather than give a reboot, they decided to continue the storyline. I was actually quite amazed.

And yep, the movie was directed by a Newbie director. That's what an aging franchise definitely needed.

Assassin's Creed because VIDEO GAMES!

AC was meant to be played.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The Conjuring 2: it was a pretty damn good movie. gives the first run for it's money imo.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Not my favorite of Anderson's films, but still a really good one nonetheless. I liked the characters in this film a lot more than the characters in his other films. It was stylistically beautiful, but sometimes the contrast in the colors were too bright or too much (I don't even know how to describe this) and I couldn't stare at them too long. The story was really nice, but it ended on a more somber note where his other films to end on a somewhat positive one.

Will definitely re-watch again soon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Believe or not, I just watched 'Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring' for the first time ever. I always knew it was a great movie, but for strange ocurrences, I never got to watch it. I want to abstain in commenting since it's a trilogy and should probably watch the other two :p

oh my u'
    god
    what
    I'm glad you finally did haha. It's a masterpiece. They all are. I hope you'll watch the other two very soon!

I watched Book of Life the other day. Suuuuper cute animated love story movie. I really enjoyed it a lot. Mexico and death has never been so cute c:

Years
    Kubo and the Two Strings

It was pretty good. Kinda darker than most kids' films though. Not that that's a bad thing.

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Not my favorite of Anderson's films, but still a really good one nonetheless. I liked the characters in this film a lot more than the characters in his other films. It was stylistically beautiful, but sometimes the contrast in the colors were too bright or too much (I don't even know how to describe this) and I couldn't stare at them too long. The story was really nice, but it ended on a more somber note where his other films to end on a somewhat positive one.

I thought this was his most watchable film. I couldn't even finish The Royal Tenenbaums.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I thought this was his most watchable film. I couldn't even finish The Royal Tenenbaums.
    what didn't you like? personally I think the style in Budapest is more overt and In Your Face than that of Tenenbaums so I'm intrigued! (I love them both.) (and all of his films, to varying degrees.)

I caught Princess Mononoke in theatres last night. I'd seen it before and loved it but seeing it on the big screen kinda reaffirmed everything I thought about it. it's probably the most atmospheric of his films that I've seen which is saying a lot because every single one conjures up that sense of mysticism to a huge degree, but the world in this film is so dense and fully realized. I also like that even in the Miyazaki fantasy worlds that are kinda shitty, I'd still rather live in em than the real world. Whoops. wonderful film, though, with a wonderful message that's elegantly handled, subtly enough that it's not forceful but with a heavy enough hand that it's still very much there undercutting everything that's going on.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022

I've heard this before, actually. My friend isn't a big fan of his other works but really liked Grand Budapest Hotel. Hahaha I guess we differ on this though, since Tenenbaums is my favorite of his.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    Last movie I watched was ant-man. I never got to see it in theaters and Paul Rudd is like my fav actor ever so I was pretty bummed.

ended up being my fav marvel movie, at least until spider-man homecoming comes out

Years
    what didn't you like? personally I think the style in Budapest is more overt and In Your Face than that of Tenenbaums so I'm intrigued! (I love them both.) (and all of his films, to varying degrees.)
    It was a while ago now so it's hard to remember exactly what, but I didn't like any of the characters and so I didn't care to see how the movie ended.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Watched The Secret Life of Pets over this past weekend. It was cute. That's really all I can say about it. It's cute and looks nice. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. I found it pretty predictable, especially when they went that route for Duke's previous owner. Like I called it as soon as the plot point about him came up and you see the old owner in the flashbacks. lol But I mean, it's nothing bad. Just cute. Nice to watch, probably won't watch it again voluntarily.

blue

gucci
    Years
    watched captivity and it was just eh. storyline was confusing and it didn't really leave a lasting impression like other horror movies.

Years
    Hidden Figures was a pretty good movie. Good historical drama with good acting. Good good good. Taraji P. Henson will probably get some awards off of that performance.

Back