• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last movie you watched

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World...

It was spectacular. It was colorful, fun, zany, and really just mind-blowing. I can't believe a movie like that even exists, and this really has been a great adaption. True, the makers of the movie can't fill 6 entire comic books into 2 hours of film, but they did anyways and it was an epic of epic epicness... Or something like that.

Mikii

美好的奇蹟~♥
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    An Officer and A Gentlemen. I watched it in HBO.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Reading over recent posts, I would like to remind members not to merely post the name of the film and saunter off again. I'd like to see some opinions on what they've watched or a quick rating or I'll have to close this thread.

Onto the matter at hand though, I've watched a lot of films in my time, so I kind of run out of stuff to watch. But recently I've started more off the wall stuff, the last film I watched was The Sin Eater or The Order as it's also knownstarring Heath Ledger. To be honest, it was pretty boring and the storyline was a little underplayed and over exaggerated at any rate. It's almost like a cross between The Davinci Code and Dogma, worth a watch for anyone interested in religion I suppose, but not a very gripping thriller by any account. A few bits and pieces that give it almost enough lifline to achieve a saving grace but I suppose there's a reason why it only received a 4.9/10 rating on IMDb.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Erm..I really do not remember the last thing, but I recently watched Resident Evil: Afterlife. Since I am a huge fan of the video game series, I enjoyed this movie quite a lot, actually. If you watched the previous RE movie trilogy, I am sure you were disappointed since it did not follow the game properly, but this one won't, I can assure you.

This movie was one of the 4 anticipated ones for me this year and it did not fail to entertain me, in any aspect. The story was well written and the dialogue was well presented, the action, sci-fi mix was exciting, and the characters were incredible; Ali Larter was very, VERY hot, indeed. This movie is obviously not an Oscar movie, but I did enjoy it, despite negative reviews and criticism on it.

Rating
    : 8/10

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I watched Delicatessen last night, because I watched The City of Lost Children (by the same director) recently aswell and loved it.
    The setting of the film and opening scene confirmed that it was going to be a good film; set in a gloomy, hazardous post-apocalyptic world where you can't see anything in the distance due to a constant presence of dust in the air. The entire film took place in just one building (and the ground beneath it) which helped keep it concise.
    All of the characters were built upon well, they all have a distinct personality and none of them are left out when it comes to showing what they are like, even the most minor of characters are memorable.
    The abstract cinematography made every scene somewhat interesting. Strange and unique colour effects are used (the same effect used in City of Lost Children), which give it an old-fashioned, gloomy atmosphere, yet the film still remains colourful. Even the most morbid of scenes are given a comical effect, I've never seen any film that's managed to achieve that so well.
    The plot was simple, but enjoyable. The cinematography makes it a great film regardless, a complex plot really wasn't needed.
    Confirmed Jean-Pierre Jeunet as my new favourite director.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Well, I'm home sick today (Urgh... Can't even stand up...)
    and so I watched Stand By Me.

I watched the movie a few years ago and loved it, so I watched it again today and it was pretty good (I forgot the whole plot of the movie over the years, fun to rewatch it when you dunno what's gonna happen). I think that it's more of a coming of age film, but it's good. Set back in the day and really gives you a feeling of 'what has happen to people nowadays?' . ... Yeah...

Pretty sad at the end... But yeah... Nice movie ^_^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Great movie indeed, Jake's acting was excellent as well as his co-star's Gemma, the movie seemed well written and has a great feel of adventure to it, which is why I loved it. The story had confused me through out the whole movie, until it got to the end, now I don't want to be putting spoilers, here so I'll keep that away for you guys/girls to be watching it. I do recommend watching the movie if you like action/adventure movies.
    My movie rating 8/10. You can follow the link to IMDB for a basic movie description, I have included a link.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Reading over recent posts, I would like to remind members not to merely post the name of the film and saunter off again. I'd like to see some opinions on what they've watched or a quick rating or I'll have to close this thread.

Onto the matter at hand though, I've watched a lot of films in my time, so I kind of run out of stuff to watch. But recently I've started more off the wall stuff, the last film I watched was The Sin Eater or The Order as it's also knownstarring Heath Ledger. To be honest, it was pretty boring and the storyline was a little underplayed and over exaggerated at any rate. It's almost like a cross between The Davinci Code and Dogma, worth a watch for anyone interested in religion I suppose, but not a very gripping thriller by any account. A few bits and pieces that give it almost enough lifline to achieve a saving grace but I suppose there's a reason why it only received a 4.9/10 rating on IMDb.
    Soon after....

the hottie and the nottie.

it was pretty hilarious. 8/10

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Loved it 8/10.

I watch the 3rd Indaina Jones it was creepy and cool 9/10.

The last movie I've seen by now is Despicable Me. It's actually very funny.

The Nightmare Before Christmas 10/10

Not happy guys, so, I'm closing this. In future, please do take the time to read notes from moderators, otherwise we just can't have nice things. Reason being for this closing is that this thread is effectively just turning into the "What are you listening to?" thread version 2.0 which got moved to Ot due to spam. I anticipated that there would be far more discussion in this thread as opposed to either name dropping the movies or making quick snappy comments adding little contribution. Those who actually did make an attempt after my post, I'm sorry that I have to close this one because I think this thread did merit good discussion and there was a lot of fine posts. But due to those few posts that just contradicted what I asked of them, I need to close this.

L o c k e d ~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back