• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The last movie I watched was The Wind Rises on Blu-Ray. As for the last movie I watched at the movie theater... that'd be Big Hero 6.

I'll probably be watching A Christmas Story on TV at some point today.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • A Million Ways to Die in the West

In the row oif my favorite comedies this year.

Gnomeo & Juliet

One of the underrqtd movies of 2011.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Rise of the Guardians.

It's a strangely serious animated movie! It grows on me each time I watch it; I think this was the third time. One thing that really bothers me though, is that most characters are
    male. Santa and Sandman, sure, you guys are p much established male. But easter bunny? I love Hugh Jackman's voice in the English version, but a female aussie bunnie with the same personality would have given the character even more life and appeal. Boogeyman might have been difficult to turn into a woman, but one character that I really would have wanted to be female and would have made the movie more dynamic, is Jamie. The kid who believes in Jack Frost.

So yeah, good movie in many ways but too few important female roles for me to really think it's great. I'm not an extreme feminist, haha, I just think movies have much better atmosphere when there's not an ocean of testosterone in them :) same with overly feminine movies! I mean, some films are meant to be manly and others are meant for girls, and that's fine. But Rise of the Guardians was for kids and families overall.

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • I watched 21 Jump Street yesterday and 22 Jump Street just now, I liked both of them as they were really funny. The first one was better though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I watched 21 Jump Street yesterday and 22 Jump Street just now, I liked both of them as they were really funny. The first one was better though.
    I need to watch those, hmm.

I just watched (it's gotta count as a movie) the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special: Last Christmas.

omfg

It was really odd and very Season 8-y for the first half. Then it became very allround Moffat-y. And then it was just beautiful and angsty with tears running down my eyes for the last 10 minutes. Like a Christmas Special should be like, these days. And the final twist, god, I had really not seen it coming. But I'm glad! I am so darn glad, haha.¨

*goes to plan fanfiction for some bored future*

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Watched Bad Santa last night. Easily a god tier Christmas themed movie and still one of the funniest movies that I have ever watched.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Just watched The Interview. I must have been out of the game too long, these movies are getting pretty grotesque haha. It was alright though, pretty funny.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • Just got back from seeing Annie! It was a lot of fun, kind of silly of course but a really cute movie. But I was a little disappointed with Jamie Foxx's singing in it, which was a bummer because I know he's actually incredibly talented. Oh well.

Years
  • Just watched Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever last night. I said that I wasn't going to, but everyone else was watching it during Christmas, so I did too. Plus, it was filmed in the same mall that I work at, so it was kind of fun spotting all the different places I recognized (though it did start driving me crazy about halfway through the movie where they were clearly filming in different parts of the mall, but pretended they were right beside each other).

pkmin3033

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!

This Christmas has been truly AWFUL for movies. I grew up watching a lot of stop-motion shows, so I've a fondness for the style, but I haven't much cared for anything I've seen since Wallace and Gromit was first released, and the only film I can remember off the top of my head that I've liked done in it was Chicken Run.

But I digress. This movie was terrible. The plot was dull, the voice acting was atrocious, and it wasn't even remotely funny. Something about it really rubbed me the wrong way. I watched about half of it before I turned my laptop on. Never again.

Years
  • Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Kind of typical Van Helsing/Underworld fare with a dash of Snow White & The Huntsman thrown in. A dark R-Rated twist on a usually PG story. Nothing to really write home about, except that Famke Janssen (Jean Grey from the original X-Men movies) is a goddess and one of the most beautiful women on the planet, haha.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • Last movie watched was the masterpiece Once Upon a Time in the West by Sergio Leone (leads: Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson), if anyone feels inclined to revisit classics or just want to watch some good westerns, anything by Leone it's likely a masterpiece, and a young Clint Eastwood in a poncho it's a sight to behold {XD} (also, Claudia Cardinale .... mmh)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Watched Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and The Interview today.

Guardians was great. Love the different take on Marvel Universe stuff. X-Men was high quality. The Interview...was okay. I thought a few key things were really funny, but it's your typical movie from Rogen and Franco. I still enjoyed it, but glad I didn't pay to see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back