• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
The Holiday
For Christmas i thought it was a pretty good love story :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Mockingjay Part 1

Saw this a couple weeks ago with a friend. First movie I saw in the theater in a long time. It was so good! I loved it. I was kind of getting bored of the Hunger Games and didn't really want to see it but I am glad my friend made me go. I can't wait for part 2.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
The maze runner

I love Dylan O'brian (Stiles from Teen Wolf) and Kaya Scodelario (Effy from Skins UK), and to see them share a role in a movie... I found the book, I read the first, then the second... looked for mounth for the third book, finally got it, read it in two days, then FINALLY I watched the movie. Well as always books are better but I liked it anyways! :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
The maze runner

I love Dylan O'brian (Stiles from Teen Wolf) and Kaya Scodelario (Effy from Skins UK), and to see them share a role in a movie... I found the book, I read the first, then the second... looked for mounth for the third book, finally got it, read it in two days, then FINALLY I watched the movie. Well as always books are better but I liked it anyways! :)
Not sure if you were aware but theres also a 4th prequel book The Kill Order helps ties up some loose ends and is a great read also with another prequel book coming in 2016 :)

Just watched Puss In Boots since it was on BBC3 an excellent animated movie some how everything Dreamworks makes turns out great

pkmin3033

I adored Pitch Black, and Chronicles of Riddick wasn't a bad follow-up movie. But this...well, it feels like a less interesting version of Pitch Black, really. Riddick is stuck on a hostile planet with a hostile bunch of ragtag misfits, needs to get off the planet. Yup, it's Pitch Black again, only without that sense of terror that drove the first film. Although some funny and gory scenes...usually mixed together in that classic Riddick style. If he isn't killing people with tea cups, he's putting their heads in boxes. It's grisly, but somehow funny as well.

I'm looking forward to the fourth film, but this is easily the weakest of the three. Less survival, more vengeance next time, please.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I also watched the first two movies in the Riddick series recently!

I saw Unbroken on Christmas Day and I swear, even from the outside, it was lifechanging. How? Not sure. Maybe I'm just too damn sentimental.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Saw the final installment of The Hobbit on Tuesday. The walk home gave me plenty of time to pester my bf with endless 'what if' questions followed by 'DID THAT HAPPEN IN THE BOOK?'

Years
I just watched The Secret Life of Walter MItty, and I really loved it a ton. I rarely find movies that make me feel that way that one did. Sucker Punch was one of those rare finds as well, but it doesn't seem like it really got that much attention. Anyone else see and like this movie?

How are you guys liking the Hobbit movies?
I read the book in middle school, and personally, I haven't seen the 3rd yet, but I liked the 2nd movie better than the 1st. My opinion on it is that it didn't need to be stretched into a ton of movies, given that it was one single book. I can understand how a lot of people seemed to prefer the first movie because it followed the book pretty closely, but as a member of the general audience who never really loved the book, it didn't play to a general audience as well as the second one did. The second one didn't follow the book as closely, which I completely understand why that might upset the more loyal audience and huge fans of the book and the series, but I liked how it added more things to make it a bit more interesting and worth sitting through the long movie for.
I don't think I'll see the others in theaters, simply because I'm not a big LOTR/Hobbit fan, but I'll probably see them when they're all out on DVD or if somebody offers to bring me to the movie or wants to watch it with me, haha.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
Years
The last movie I saw was The Book of Life, and I put off seeing it forever until my friend practically drove me to see it with her. It was actually very good; I loved the fluidity and style of the animation, and even though the pacing was a bit quirky, it was still quite nice. I'd give it an eight out of ten without putting too much thought into it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Finally got around to watching Guardians of the Galaxy. I really enjoyed it, plenty of humor, and great actors. Already anticipating the sequel in 2017. :)

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Adaptation. this one was utterly confusing and insane. it's a biting satire of the film industry, but it's also a movie about making a movie, and the main character is the screenwriter. (spoilers to follow.) the ending is the strangest part -- the main character/screenwriter of the actual film (played by Nicolas Cage, who also plays his (fictional) twin brother, making it all the more confusing (but he gives an excellent performance (or performances))) finally figures out how to end his adaptation.... which is exactly how the actual movie ends. PLUS, throughout the whole movie, the last thing he wanted to do was "Hollywood-ize" the film, but that's exactly what ends up happening in the end. I'm assuming this is another part of the social commentary. so, basically, this movie was fucking confusing but I loved it all the same. surprisingly sad and poignant, too. 8/10.

Poki

Banned
Years
LOTR - The Two Towers

Great trilogy. Watched the shit outta it as a kid. Anyway, I'm gonna watch The Return of the King today and get it over with.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
My boyfriend and I watched The Boxtrolls last night. It was a charming little story, with amazing animation. :) I especially enjoyed the last bit after the credits, where the animator is shown moving the characters. It was so cool!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I saw Big Eyes today and it was really great, if not for the plot then for Amy Adams' as-expected great performance. I'm beginning to love her more and more for her recent roles.

I'm also watching Snowpiercer, that dystopic one with civilization existing only on a single train. It's Chris Pine, so that's why I'm watching it. I have plans to also watch Dallas Buyers Club after this is over. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back