• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Sooooo

I kinda wonnered

I played ARAM as Jax, and camped in a bush all game
Same bush
Never moved
Never died
got like 13 kills
I have wonnered

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
To be fair, Teemo needs to get kills early game anyways he's pretty much meh in late game, he'll have to catch up with everyone else instead of focusing on teamfights and objectives. I usually rush a rabadon deathcap on him so when I hit level 6 I could get my deathcap and shroom the whole place and get tons of ks, lmao. Oh, and also your Q hits a lot.

Years
Hey guys and girls! I am only a Gold 4 player, but I've been playing since early season 2. So I have decided to open a Youtube Channel and start making LoL guides.

I am open to suggestions about the first guide(for which champion). So please either VM/PM me or just quote this message here with the name of the champion you want to see a guide for.

Years
Hey guys and girls! I am only a Gold 4 player, but I've been playing since early season 2. So I have decided to open a Youtube Channel and start making LoL guides.

I am open to suggestions about the first guide(for which champion). So please either VM/PM me or just quote this message here with the name of the champion you want to see a guide for.

I'd say make a guide for a champion like Renekton or Ryze. both are fairly simple champions, but they're also champions that skill level difference can be seen in, (expecially ryze, for those who think you jsut roll your face on the keyboard to win with him, you could also go into extented combos and harass techniques as well as situational levelling and stuff.)

Personally I'd pick Ryze because theres actually quite a few mechanics about him that a lot of people don't realise. As for the extended combo, you can use q then immediately press R so you get the AOE effect of the first Q before it hits the enemy, in addition to taking 1 second off the cooldown of your Q. so the combo would be something like Q R Q W Q E Q, This particular combo will give you plenty of spellvamp in a trade, Like an Irelia's Bladesurge, only more powerful and the heal heals you for more too.

Like you, I am also Gold 4, and I have also been playing since late season 2 (lulu patch I think I joined?)

I know a few things so if you need any help, jsut gimmie a shout man, best of luck!

Last edited:
Years
I'd say make a guide for a champion like Renekton or Ryze. both are fairly simple champions, but they're also champions that skill level difference can be seen in, (expecially ryze, for those who think you jsut roll your face on the keyboard to win with him, you could also go into extented combos and harass techniques as well as situational levelling and stuff.)

Personally I'd pick Ryze because theres actually quite a few mechanics about him that a lot of people don't realise. As for the extended combo, you can use q then immediately press R so you get the AOE effect of the first Q before it hits the enemy, in addition to taking 1 second off the cooldown of your Q. so the combo would be something like Q R Q W Q E Q, This particular combo will give you plenty of spellvamp in a trade, Like an Irelia's Bladesurge, only more powerful and the heal heals you for more too.

Like you, I am also Gold 4, and I have also been playing since late season 2 (lulu patch I think I joined?)

I know a few things so if you need any help, jsut gimmie a shout man, best of luck!

Thanks man! I am lucky, Ryze is my second most played champion and top is my main role. I'll start recording and doing stuff tomorrow since it's 12:20AM here. If I need some help/questions I'll contact you.

Years
Thanks man! I am lucky, Ryze is my second most played champion and top is my main role. I'll start recording and doing stuff tomorrow since it's 12:20AM here. If I need some help/questions I'll contact you.

another thing I forgot to mention, Rune pages and masteries.

I personally have 2 rune pages SPECIFICALLY for ryze, +833 mana at level 18 (not recommended, but you will hit like a truck if you know how to survive in lane)

and the other is Hybrid Pen marks, Armour Seals, 3 Flat Magic Resist Glyphs, 6 Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs, and Movespeed Quintessences. This page is a lot safer, and stronger early on, and the movespeed quints help you keep harassing and makes escaping ganks a lot easier (which is one of ryze's biggest weaknesses).

What server are you based on by the way?

Years
another thing I forgot to mention, Rune pages and masteries.

I personally have 2 rune pages SPECIFICALLY for ryze, +833 mana at level 18 (not recommended, but you will hit like a truck if you know how to survive in lane)

and the other is Hybrid Pen marks, Armour Seals, 3 Flat Magic Resist Glyphs, 6 Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs, and Movespeed Quintessences. This page is a lot safer, and stronger early on, and the movespeed quints help you keep harassing and makes escaping ganks a lot easier (which is one of ryze's biggest weaknesses).

What server are you based on by the way?

Well I use for Ryze
x9 Magic Pen Reds
x9 Armor Yellows
x9 Flat Mana Glyphs
x3 Move Speed Quints

I play on EUNE(Taking a break atm tho, play less. Mainly because I've been playing a lot the whole year and don't want to get fully bored of the game). I also have an 20 something level on EUW.

Talon

Years
I've never used Ryze, so I have no input on him.

My match history right now:
Rengar (Draft Pick) / Defeat [10/5]
Vi (ARAM) / Defeat [4/9]
Rengar (Draft Pick) /Defeat [4/1]
Ashe (Draft Pick) / Loss Prevented [2/9] (shhhhhhh)
Rengar (Draft Pick) / Victory [40/4] (I am the Ryan Choi. Mwah HA! I got so fed so early.... I think I was like level 12 at 10 minutes, or something. It was stupid.)
Rengar (Draft Pick) / Defeat [7/4]
Shyvana (Custom) / Victory [21/2]
Thresh (ARAM) / Victory [9/15/40]
Tryndamere (ARAM) / Victory [8/5]
Thresh (ARAM) / Loss Prevented [1/2]

I love Rengar. SOO much. I bought Night Hunter Rengar today, and now I look like an official nerd! yay.... I guess...

Years
Ugh why is the LoL community so terrible.

I had a Brand that literally said "Lol i gtg bye" at start of the game and went afk. And Thresh was afk from the start.

The Shyvana went mid to replace Brand, went 0/7, kept denying that she is mid, never called ss and called us noobs. And she was just overall a retard.

*facepalm*

Talon

Years
I hate my teammates.

a85cc58a3512d2d13224104585d93ccb1d0fd9987918a90ea3224436c3d0c4f3.jpg

Talon

Years
I generally only jungle with Rengar, but I use Udyr sometimes. My backup, if Rengar gets banned, is Wukong. If Wukong goes, then I have Trynd. If Trynd goes, I have Udyr, and past that I have either the free champs, Teemo, or Riven. Riven isn't a bad jungler, her ganks are pretty nice, but she fits better at top lane.

I'm split. I don't know who my next buy should be. I'm thinking of Aatrox, as he has nice sustain, and is a decent jungler, or Vi, who has some nice tankyness, and armor shredding. Vi is free right now, and I enjoy playing her. Aatrox was free a couple weeks ago, and I loved playing him. Vi is a better jungler, which is what I do, but Aatrox has a better overall feel to me. I have no idea.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm split. I don't know who my next buy should be. I'm thinking of Aatrox, as he has nice sustain, and is a decent jungler, or Vi, who has some nice tankyness, and armor shredding. Vi is free right now, and I enjoy playing her. Aatrox was free a couple weeks ago, and I loved playing him. Vi is a better jungler, which is what I do, but Aatrox has a better overall feel to me. I have no idea.

Vi is pretty fun in my opinion; she has high damage throughout the game and a lot of single-target destruction! Though if you're looking to carry more games, perhaps you might want to stick with Aatrox because, as much as strong as Vi is, she doesn't have the carry potential as much as Aatrox, imo.

Then again, Vi can still easily grab kills for herself and her team, and does wonders in team fights if play correctly as well. Up to your preference!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I tried jungling a few times with Wukong, and I just can't do it. Luckily it was against bots and my teammates were all in the room with me, because when I'm level four and everyone else is at least level six, something is wrong! I managed to catch up late game and still pull some decent ganks, but dang. After trying a few times, I have a new found respect for junglers. I'll just stick with my top lane, thanks.

And I also learned that people really don't like you if you're forced to play as someone you're not used to. Someone took top lane before I could snag it, so I went for Twitch, and well... my support kept stealing all of the kills and yelling at me about how much of a noob I was. Eventually the support ditched me and went to top lane. I didn't fare so well after that.

Any tips on getting used to new champions? I'm trying to stretch my horizons beyond Wukong.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I tried jungling a few times with Wukong, and I just can't do it. Luckily it was against bots and my teammates were all in the room with me, because when I'm level four and everyone else is at least level six, something is wrong! I managed to catch up late game and still pull some decent ganks, but dang. After trying a few times, I have a new found respect for junglers. I'll just stick with my top lane, thanks.
Every early jungler knows this feeling don't worry, and it definitely makes the role seem unappealing haha. One thing to bear in mind is that jungling is really hard to learn against bots - sure you can clear the camps as usual and get used to clear times, but bots will hardly ever be pushed up enough for ganks and your team mates won't be snowballing nearly as well in a PvP game as they would against bots and map pressure doesn't really mean a thing to their AI; plus counter-jungling and counter-ganking is all a huge part of jungling, be it whether you're doing it or having it done to you, and dragon/baron control are also big factors of the role, so I think it's 100% easier to dive straight into PvP and wing it for learning jungling haha. It takes a good few games to get used to it but you learn quickly, it's quite an easy role to pick up but a very hard one to master. I'd definitely say it's one of the more fun roles of the game though so I highly suggest you keep trying if you enjoy the concept.

And I also learned that people really don't like you if you're forced to play as someone you're not used to. Someone took top lane before I could snag it, so I went for Twitch, and well... my support kept stealing all of the kills and yelling at me about how much of a noob I was. Eventually the support ditched me and went to top lane. I didn't fare so well after that.

Any tips on getting used to new champions? I'm trying to stretch my horizons beyond Wukong.
May I ask what summoner level you are? I remember this being a huge problem at lower levels but it'll all change once you hit 30, don't worry. At lower levels Normal games are seen as being so important to win and people hate it when others don't do well, but once ranked becomes an option this all goes away. Normal games become fun relaxing games to try out new things in whilst ranked is where all the seriousness moves to. I can't remember having played a Normal game recently without a "break the meta pick" in it and people are always much more relaxed and laid back when it comes to doing badly in Normals at this level - so I think you'll find it a lot more fun very soon haha.

As regards learning new champions, my method was pretty much just:
  1. Try every free champion each week against bots to find one I liked the look of.
  2. Try them a few more times against bots to learn their abilities well and look up some basic build guides on mobafire.
  3. Try them in PvP and see how it goes - if you do badly then think about why that was and re-adjust your playstyle for next time.
  4. As you start to try more champions you'll feel more confident with knowing how to play them straight away, and you can start ignoring the bots phase and bring them straight into Normals. (It's worth noting that a lot of champions have very similar basic play styles, once you've learnt a few you'll be in great standing to play a lot more)
It's worth noting that if you've mained an off-tank bruiser your whole life like Wukong then it'll probably be difficult for you to pick up a stealth bomber ADC like Twitch right from the get-go (he's quite a hard ADC to pick up as your first marksman, I'd suggest someone like Ashe or Jinx for more obvious champion playstyles), but once you get used to the whole marksman role you'll find you can pick up almost any ADC and play them with some level of confidence. The best way to learn new things in LoL is to simply just try them and see how you like them - at the end of the day all you have to risk is a lost match that doesn't count for anything and a few raging team mates that you'll never see again, so you've not lost much if you didn't happen to get on well with a certain champion. Also playing with friends is an infinitely useful resource when it comes to learning the game, whether they're there to give tips whilst you're playing or even just to take off some of the pressure - a whole bunch of us here play regularly if you want to join up with us :)

As for a next champion to learn, how about Pantheon? He's pretty similar to Wukong in how he works/how you build his items, but he'll start to add in more of a long-ranged harass element to your play style and he plays all the same roles that Wukong would. In the other directions, someone like Fiora or Irelia would be great to practice a more assassin-like top laner (Irelia is often built very tanky regardless so she's quite a safe pick), or you could try Jarvan IV or Dr. Mundo if you want to explore the more tanky side of top lane. All of these picks (arguably bar Irelia) can work well in the jungle as well as top lane, so I think they'll be quite useful champions to try out. Once you're comfortable with a few of these you'll start to feel more confident to try other roles and expand into different areas of champions, but I think Pantheon is definitely a safe option to try next if you're looking to try some new things out - his basic playstyle is pretty similar to Wukong's but his early game focusses a lot on ranged harass with his spear throwing, so that'll be a good mechanic to get used to for trying some marksmen.

SORRY THIS IS VERY TL;DR

Last edited:

Talon

Years
Basically everything Squirrel said. If you want to pick up a new champion, I usually wait until they are free before buying them, just in case I don't like them, and I don't waste my IP. I usually like them, however.

I picked up Rengar completely ignoring this rule. I saw so many instagib videos with him, that I simply couldn't help my self with not picking him up. I saved up, and bought Rengar.
My first game with him was dreadful. I went jungle (It was against bots, mind you.), and failed horribly. I thought, "He sucks! How do people do good with this ****** champion?", but I kept on and played a few more games. After about the 3rd, I was starting to understand him more, and was falling in love with him. As of now, I think I've played like 150 normal games with Rengar, but my w/l with him is horrible. Its like 1/7. My normals w/l is like 63/104, I think. I kinda only play Rengar in normals, other than ARAM. I never get him in ARAM for whatever reason.

Anyways, after like 150 games now, I understand him. I understand his kit. I understand everything he has to offer. I love him, more than I should. However, like I said, I hated him from the start. It just takes time to get used to the more high-skill cap champions, such as Nidalee, Draven, Rengar, Vayne, Kha'Zix, etc. etc.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Squirrel said:
May I ask what summoner level you are?
I'm level twelve. I would play more, but my internet is crap, so I can only really play it at a friend's house.

And thanks for the advice! I played Twitch when he was free to play, and I really liked the feel of him. I played a couple games with him, and I did okay, so I bought him. I'm not sure how much bots will help me because last time I played against them with Twitch, I ended up getting a pentakill, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, haha. I guess it's time to move on to pvp matches with Twitch, so hopefully it will go better than last time.

Hmm... Pantheon, huh? I guess I could try him out. I mean, I've gone up against him before and that spear is definitely annoying as it widdles away at my health early game. I'll think about it, but I'm more for expanding my game past top lane, as when people call it before I can, my entire game falls apart and next thing I know, Wukong is playing ADC. Jungling seems like fun, so I'll give it a try next time I can. I just have to start getting used to drinking health potions, as I always forget that part.

Back