• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I can play all roles, my best ones being top, jungle and adc. any questions, jsut ask :D

I actually have a question about jungling. Do you have any tips on improving my clear times? I always find myself getting an early level 3 lead, but by level 4 or 5, I've fallen behind. My clear times at levels 4 and 5 are oddly slower than my earlier clear times. I also find myself having more trouble clearing the Wight at level 5, than I do at level 2. I always take the level 6 jungle route.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I actually have a question about jungling. Do you have any tips on improving my clear times? I always find myself getting an early level 3 lead, but by level 4 or 5, I've fallen behind. My clear times at levels 4 and 5 are oddly slower than my earlier clear times. I also find myself having more trouble clearing the Wight at level 5, than I do at level 2. I always take the level 6 jungle route.
Upgrade your jungle item early - I tend to back as soon as I get enough to upgrade the machette because the increased clear speed and sustain the upgraded items grant is well worth the short time going back to base. Obviously this depends on the champion you're using, some junglers like Warwick or Sejuani get a lot faster clear times around that level because of how strong their abilities are combo'd together, but then obviously there are a lot of others like Pantheon or Yi that don't and those are the ones I tend to go back early for.

I think it'd help a lot to know which junglers you're actually using to give more specific advice; which champs are you talking about?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I'm guessing you always get double buff when you just start jungling? And your clear time is vastly superior to when you're level 4 or 5 since by that time, the double buffs are done. So first thing you should do when you first TP back to base is upgrade your jungle item and buy some pots. the item buffs you get from upgrading your item is really good.

Talon

Years
Upgrade your jungle item early - I tend to back as soon as I get enough to upgrade the machette because the increased clear speed and sustain the upgraded items grant is well worth the short time going back to base. Obviously this depends on the champion you're using, some junglers like Warwick or Sejuani get a lot faster clear times around that level because of how strong their abilities are combo'd together, but then obviously there are a lot of others like Pantheon or Yi that don't and those are the ones I tend to go back early for.

I think it'd help a lot to know which junglers you're actually using to give more specific advice; which champs are you talking about?

Rengar, and that's about the extent or my champion play in general :P

What I generally do is, I go in, get double buff, wait until I've used all of my pots, and then stay in as long as I can with my empowered W, and then back when I simply couldn't do another clear.

I'll back, and then get Madred's Razors AND a Spirit Stone, and as many pots as I can. I'll go back in until level 6, and then by then hopefully have enough for a Brutalizer, if not, then I stay in until I can get a Brutalizer, and then start ganking.

My clear times after I get Razors and Spirit Stone drop like crazy. It may be, as LilJz said, that because I lose my buffs, my clear speed goes down.

In the end, I upgrade to the elder lizard, and keep my razors. I lose barely any health in jungle, and my damage is boosted greatly during ganks because of elder lizard. I eventually sell both, and my final build is IE, Ghostblade, Brutalizer, Cleaver, Hydra, and LW. Thats about the only build I use, as I never go tanky with him, but I do have a tank build if mid game says I need it.

Years

Assuming you're playing rengar, what you could do is make a rune page specifically for him, and don't try to force a gank before level 6. A method I like to use is the 10% CDR at level 1, coupled with a load of attack speed and armour penetration, so by the time you pick up blue buff, you're already at 20%CDR, and your first item should be a brutalizer (again, a cheap yet powerful AD, CDR and Armour Pen item). But that is one of many paths you can try with rengar. I'll try and show you a few set ups you can run on him when I log into my PC later.

Talon

Years
I hate teammates and their ideas for bans.

I get in a game, and the first bans I see are always Jax or Yasuo. Neither is really that big of a threat, and they both require quite a bit of skill. I don't even worry about them. People cry if they don't get banned, saying "They are too good, you have to ban them.", I always respond with "Or maybe you should ban actual threats. Like trist, or morg. Or maybe even Rengar *But please don't, I main him...*"

Who remembers 4.7 Rengod?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I hate teammates and their ideas for bans.

I get in a game, and the first bans I see are always Jax or Yasuo. Neither is really that big of a threat, and they both require quite a bit of skill. I don't even worry about them. People cry if they don't get banned, saying "They are too good, you have to ban them.", I always respond with "Or maybe you should ban actual threats. Like trist, or morg. Or maybe even Rengar *But please don't, I main him...*"

Eh, I personally don't like seeing a Morg, Thresh, or a Leo. XD
Terrors in bot lane, ugh.

BTW:

TI.jpg

Apparently there's going to be another 'Arcade'-like skin! One more in fact~

Talon

Years
I've heard that it's Jinx. I've also heard rumors of it being Veigar. I honestly have no idea. I'm hoping for Arcade Rengar :P Actually that would be really bad. Pixel Hunter Rengar. RITO. NO. DOn't get any ideas.

Arcade Urgot. Give a great skin to the most unpopular champion.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
yo since we're giving advice left and right here, I'd like to get some help as well. I'm not new to LoL, in fact I'm already level 30 but it's cool learning and getting tips from other players. :)

So here's the problem. I suck at bot lane, full stop. I'd say I'm great at top, half decent at mid and I'm a relatively smart jungler (but I only play one champ in the jungle sooo). well anyway the main issue is - I can't play bot lane to save my life. Leveling up to 30, I was used to playing 5 fail/smash hard premades with my friends (/looks at certain people in this thread) and therefore was usually able to play either top/mid/jung. But anyway, I didn't have much experience in playing bot. I used to be pretty good at Annie support but my reaction/aggression/reflexes on her really suck now. like beyond suck, it's probably wood 10000 level. and you might be all like "lol k just play top mid or jung then problem solved kid" but that's 2/5 roles I can't play well and the chance of me never playing them is beyond impossible.

and anyway it really sucks because I can't ADC. if you've ever watched me adc, I can't carry a game to save my life. My positioning is pretty off, I'm half decent at farming but I struggle vs aggressive supports such as Thresh, Blitzcrank and Leona where one bad positioning could mean death. I'm not that good at following up on what my support does either. ADC is just a huge jump for me from playing super aggressive and diving onto backlines and then being super safe, farming, before you eventually own. and also I don't wanna be that guy who's all like "i can't adc sry" so ya. Any advice? Even though I'm playing Caitlyn, literally the safest and easiest to harass with ADC there is, I look like a level 5 trying to play her. Should I just try someone different like Tristana? A few of my friends offered to play bot with me and I thought that was really nice of them but some more tips couldn't hurt. :)

support isn't as bad but eh. I ward yeah, but my laning phase feels really weak as I get harassed way too much. even though I'm playing aggressively on annie of all champs, I don't seem to be able to make too much of an impact and I keep missing my flash ult. which a) is awkward and b) burns a lot of my utility for upcoming teamfights etc.

and also I need help expanding my champion pool, I literally only have 1-2 for each role. is this acceptable or should I start learning new things asap? I really don't have too much time to learn new champs until my next holidays (in about a month). The champs I do know though, I play extremely well. or at least I'd like to consider I do. :(

YES THAT WAS A LOT I ASKED FOR BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER ALL OF IT k thanks.

also yes @ Pantheon being a great champ to pick up. He's my only jungler and I love him. he wants to be a baker, he has one of the best ults there ever was, a passive that allows for better towerdiving and not really any skillshots. He's also relatively easy to learn. I've never played him top/mid though so I really don't know how good lane Pantheon is. Anyway if you pick him up in the jungle, I can teach you some stuff about him. he can absolutely carry and snowball games if you play him right :) I also play Irelia fairly decently so if you need some help with her, feel free to ask. :D

Years
Best way to learn bot lane is to support, I'm not joking. You learn by watching and seeing what the adc has to do, and what to avoid doing, and most importantly you learn the importance of vision and utility. When I was learning landing coming from jungle main, I used to pick supports with a lot of useful stuff in their kits (because as a jungler, you know the rough respawn times of red blue dragon and baron, and also how much cc can help in gaining an advantage on lane. I gained a knack for Threah, because literally every single ability in his kit is useful both aggressively AND defensively. From simple lantern gank setups, to flaying a mid q lee sin, thresh is an amazing support to learn bot lane with.

From there I started to observe what my adc was doing, and looking around the map, checking the map every time my adc last hit a minion (this is how I gained my map awareness for all roles, which is why I don't rely on ss/mia calls) and after few games of doing this, you learn how the lane works.

Some basic stuff: siege/cannon minions push lanes really hard and are worth the most gold, prioritise these over any other creeps when last hitting, as they give a large amount of exp and are worth 2-3 melee creeps in gold.
Melee minions are worth slightly more gold than caster minions, but have a lot less DPS than caster minions, thy. Also can take 2 shots from towers so they are low enough for you to last hit.
Caster minions are worth the least gold of all the lane minions, but they are the ones who really hurt your towers and YOU if you're not careful. These ones can be tricky to farm under towers if you have less than 90-100AD, as they can only take 1 hit from a tower, so what you need to do ( and this takes practise) is observe the red line from the turret, and try to attack the minion the tower is targeting before it attacks, so after the tower has taken its shot, the caster minion should be low enough for you (or your adc) to last hit.

Advanced stuff:
Turret Attack Prioritisation: If you are being attacked by an enemy champion who is within firing range of the tower, even if there are miniions also under the tower, the tower will ALWAYS prioritise the champion over the minions, but only if the enemy champion attacked with with a damaging attack (Nasus' Wither doesn't make towers go agressive as it does no damage, for example). If there is no enemy champion attacking you, and that champion is in tower range, even if you attack him, but he doesnt attack you, the turret will NOT target that champion (there are a few exceptions: Nasus Ultimate, Renekton Ultimate, and Sunfirecape Passive to name a few, to say if they get too close to you, the turret will see it as you taking damage from a champion and start attacking them) the tower will simply follow its natural order of killing minions. That order is: SIEGE/CANNON>MELEE>CASTER, always in that order, unless it was already attacking something else in which case it wont switch target until that unit is out of range, or dead. Remember, if a champion starts attacking you under your tower, the turret will switch to attacking that champion even if it was attacking something else!
Minion Aggro: Basically, on lane, minions will generally target the things closest to them, but they mostly prioritise other minions above all else, and since melee minons arrive to lane first, they are targeted first in most cases. However, like towers, if an enemy champion attacks you within the minion's attacking range, the minions will immediately switch to attacking the enemy champion. The minions dont seem strong, but this very mechanic catches a lot of people out early game, because caster minions really hurt (minions are OP, never forget that). There is something you can do to remove this minion agression onto you if you are being attacked by them, and that is to walk into a brush, now if the enemy has that bush warded, the minions will keep attacking you (this is good and bad, cos if you learn the bush is warded (ie if the minions keep attacking you while you're in there) you can tell your jungler that that bush is indeed warded so he doesnt waste his time trying to gank there. If it ISN'T warded, the minions will go back to killing the enemy minions instead, and you can just walk out of the bush and they wont target you.

Freezing a lane: this ones quite tricky, I have not mastered it yet, but basically, to freeze a lane is to make all the minions stay in one place on the lane (ie just outside if your tower's attack range) so you can safely farm without the risk of getting ganked. (NOTE: The lane with the HIGHEST DPS will push towards the opposing laner's tower, and vice versa) This is very hard for me to put into words, but basically what you want to do is MINIMISE THE DAMAGE YOU PUT ONTO LANE. This can be done in 2 ways that i've learned, 1) only last hit a minion when it cannot take another hit from other minions (NOTE: Lets say you want to last hit a melee minion, you also have a melee minion attacking it. normally the last hit window on lane for a minion from a champion is around 50-70 hp, for a minion to kill a minion, for example, lets say it's 8hp. when you want to freeze, you dont attack the minion until it cannot take another hit from another minion (in this case, 8 hp or lower)). The other thing I've learned to do is if you have caster minions attacking (this goes for towers too!), again wait for the minion you want to last hit to reach low hp so that it cannot take another hit from a minion, if you attack that minion and kill it as the caster minion's projectiles are coming towards that dying minion, you technically take those caster minion's damage off of the lane. sorry if that didn't make sense, but once you see this in action, you will understand, and I really wish I could record this to better explain what I am trying to say :(

Lane Trading: in a 2v2 trade, assuming this is on bot lane (ADC & Support vs ADC & Support) you should always focus the enemy who is locking down your ADC. Why? Because if you unlock your adc, you get your trading power back (again hard for me to explain, sorry X_X) Lets say it's Thresh Kog'Maw vs Tristana Leona. Leona jumps into kogmaw using her Zenith Blade and then stuns with Q, now right this second, your ADC will stop being able to deal damage, and will want to try and get away from leona, if you're attacking the Tristana, , they will either: (A) Tristana will rocket jump to leona who just dived past you to the fleeing kogmaw and kill him, or (B) the leona will switch to you and you will die. If you go for the leona, Kogmaw can stop focusing on escaping, and focus more on Attacking and returning the damage. Support is all about PROTECTING YOUR CARRY, as A Thresh, you CAN stop leona as she is jumping to someone with a well timed Flay, then keep her supressed with a hook (because you can start casting your hook DURING the flay animation, so basically she is a sitting duck.)

Hopefully my...attempt... at trying to write a guide is useful, sorry for the long wall of text (should I spoiler it?)

Last edited:

Talon

Years
I suck at adc, also. I'm an ok support, but what Selly said is true. Playing support really helps you learn the lane. I started with Janna, and mastered her as support. She's really the only support I can use well.

Patch 4.14

Main points:
Gnar
RIP Rengar
RIP Rengar
RIP Rengar
Gnar
Arcade MF
RIP Rengar

Last edited:
Years
hi i play on the euw server my summoner name is WilkoB add me if you like, and if you ask me i can play every role decently. (altho i usually end up playing adc because my friends hate that role)

Years
I am Mors Amplexus on EUW
Selly Jr on NA
Gibe Moeny Pleas on EUNE

losing streak right now, from gold 2 to bottom of gold 4 so far. nothing I can do about it though, literally nothing. so I can't really be angry. I always do good, and I never feed, jsut wish I could say the same about my teammates. The issue I have is the language barrier, more often than not, people dont understand what Im saying

my last game for example, I said 'Don't gank my lane, I wand fiora to push so I can farm. our jungler completely ignoed this, ganked twice, and died twice.

I am Mors Amplexus on EUW
Selly Jr on NA
Gibe Moeny Pleas on EUNE

losing streak right now, from gold 2 to bottom of gold 4 so far. nothing I can do about it though, literally nothing. so I can't really be angry. I always do good, and I never feed, jsut wish I could say the same about my teammates. The issue I have is the language barrier, more often than not, people dont understand what Im saying

my last game for example, I said 'Don't gank my lane, I wand fiora to push so I can farm. our jungler completely ignoed this, ganked twice, and died twice.

Back