• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    If they want to go with Japan, then it should be spread out through all of the regions other than maybe Hoenn. Sinnoh Pokemon would go through a drastic climate change if we use logic, as it was the most Polar like Region we have had.

I think Johto has a better representation of Japan than Kanto to be honest. So I am hoping we get some Johto pokemon at the very least. Unova would also make sense.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So the leaked Pokedex was confirmed fake all because it mentioned Bewear was a standalone Pokémon. I was suspecting it to have a pre-evolution like the other bear Pokémon we had.

For everyone who think it's unfair that only Kanto Pokémon are getting Alola forms, watch this video to get a better understanding on Game Freak is doing this to appeal to old school Pokémon fans:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think the reasoning behind Kanto pandering with the Alola Formes has more to do with the 20th Anniversary than anything else.

I would believe this if it wasn't for the fact that, one, they really ought to celebrate the entire series for something as prolific as the 20th anniversary (we didn't reach 20 years with gen 1 alone, after all), and two, and to me the biggest factor, is that XY did this same thing 3 years ago. Sure, there ended up being some non-gen 1 Megas, but the Kalos starters were completely overshadowed by the Kanto starters and their Megas. Zygarde was delegated to mere overworld Pokémon while Mewtwo got 2 Megas. Kalos didn't even have its own set of minor legendaries, opting to use Kanto's instead, and didn't even give us the opportunity to catch the related Lugia (or Ho-oh). XY already did gen 1 pandering without being the "20th anniversary titles," so it's really a shame that SM isn't giving respect to any other generations (I want to put "yet" in parenthesis here, but really, what are the chances this will change...?).

The Den

Dark Mystery
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Oh it's a shame that you don't want to link it, I'd really like to see that.

EDIT: Found it on YouTube instantly. Thanks for telling us about it!

Are you talking about the video Hikamaru posted from the previous page? If so, then we've already seen it, so need to feel any disrespect.

What I was saying was if I were to firsthand see a leak in general I wouldn't share it. And yes, I was referring to that video in in Hikamaru's post. I don't care about sharing that because it's already been seen by many people.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Glad the leaks are fake. Missed to many things that it should have imo and full dex leaks are never real. Sandcastle is pretty cool though. Curious as to what the dex will actually look like.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    I've just read the Chinese leaks again, and they never talk about the Evil Team being present or not, so as far as we know they could still be real.

Years
    In case anyone is missing the "relevant" leaks. I will repost this summary again:
    Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The leak that revealed the new Pokedex was very obviously fake. There are Pokedex leaks every generation and a million sources claiming to have the correct leaks; it would just be highly unlikely.

Years
    In case anyone is missing the "relevant" leaks. I will repost this summary again:
    Spoiler:

I did read the relevant leaks again and it appears nothing related to the new CoroCoro scans is mentioned in these leaks. The focus now turns to Friday's trailer which I feel might just follow up on CoroCoro stuff but it could throw a curveball or two.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The trailers have been shown to reveal a little bit more than just a few Pokemon, so I am expecting the trailer on Friday to cover what was seen today for international audiences (since it seems like Japan isn't getting it first again, it would make sense for everyone to have the same information) and maybe some more info, such as more details on Team Skull and some previously revealed features, such as Riding Pokemon.

Of course I'm also hoping for new Pokemon, but I'm not sure because we've been given 6 today already. I think we might get some info on the starters in next month's CoroCoro, given that they're going to tell us more about Rockruff, which apparently "shares a secret" with the starters. So one more month of agony in waiting for Litten's evolution to be revealed :(

Years
    The trailers have been shown to reveal a little bit more than just a few Pokemon, so I am expecting the trailer on Friday to cover what was seen today for international audiences (since it seems like Japan isn't getting it first again, it would make sense for everyone to have the same information) and maybe some more info, such as more details on Team Skull and some previously revealed features, such as Riding Pokemon.

Of course I'm also hoping for new Pokemon, but I'm not sure because we've been given 6 today already. I think we might get some info on the starters in next month's CoroCoro, given that they're going to tell us more about Rockruff, which apparently "shares a secret" with the starters. So one more month of agony in waiting for Litten's evolution to be revealed :(

You do have a point in that the international trailers do reveal other things. If it showcases the Pokemon that CoroCoro revealed maybe it could show us what abilities they have since a Pokemon's ability is always revealed alongside the Pokemon itself when it comes to the English trailers so far.

And I do agree with what you're speculating could be showcased alongside Rockruff's secret in the next issue. Since the split evolutions with different types theory is still floating around and there's also the mention that Rockruff and the Alola starters shared a secret between them, and a lot of speculation thinks it could be the split evolutions. Maybe we'll get the starters' middle evolutions revealed as well (since September was the month that the last two generations' middle starter evos were revealed) and see what connection we can make between them and the final evolutions in that one leaked concept art piece.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't recall the Chinese leak mentioning anything about the villainous team as far as I'm aware.

I've just read the Chinese leaks again, and they never talk about the Evil Team being present or not, so as far as we know they could still be real.

Alright, it must have been one of the other leaks that was prove false a while ago. I am getting the leaks mixed up.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Namakobushi, the sea cucumber Pokemon.

This was also mentioned in the chinese leak. It's extremely safe to say the chinese leak is legitimate at this point if anyone was even still unconvinced.

Years
    The dex leak is fake, right? I remember it had Bewear as a singer stager, and now Corocoro shows it actually has a pre-evo. Phew, I'm kind of glad that it is fake. It was too big of a spoiler (that's why I didn't check much of it out).

Yes, the list is fake. Reasons why are below.

Bewear has a pre-evolution (List mentioned Bewear was a standalone Pokemon)
    Yowashi, pure Water-type fish (No pure Water-types mentioned outside of Popplio)
    Sunabaa line (No Ground/Ghost-type appeared on the list)

Namakobushi, the sea cucumber Pokemon.

This was also mentioned in the chinese leak. It's extremely safe to say the chinese leak is legitimate at this point if anyone was even still unconvinced.

That Pokemon actually looks adorable, even if I find that cotton-esque tail a bit odd. I'll be even more surprised if its English name turned out to be Cumbersum, like the fake Dex leak mentioned.

Anyways, this pic shows the Chinese leak is very likely legitimate.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Before I post the whole thing I'm gonna make sure it hasn't be posted here yet: Has anyone here put up the "Riddles" Leak?

It's this guy who I guess posts a picture that's supposed to be a hint to what's to come. Earlier in the year he had a picture of a Litleo and Zubat, which was hinting at Solgaleo/Lunala. He also had a picture of some bones saying its related to the evil team, which we now know as Skull. Another one he showed a shovel next to a pile of sand, and now we have a sandcastle Pokémon. There are more things, but for now, he also posted a picture of rock-paper-scissors + organs, and now we have a Pokémon that attacks with its insides (now sure what Rock/Paper/Scissors has to do with it, but maybe we'll see soon).

Years
    Uh, I don't think anyone has posted it but whoever the person behind it is, he seems really good at predictions of the new Pokemon so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back