• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Just when the trailer leaks were going on, yet another Alola dex leak popped up:

Spoiler:

It says we have a total of 112 new Pokémon and 38 Alola forms (not all of them being Kanto Pokémon).

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    I think the person that posted the Dex leak just surfed on the hype of the Raichu leak to post something fake.

But still, it says that there would be a Water Arcanine and OMG I WANT TO SEE THAT

Years
    Just when the trailer leaks were going on, yet another Alola dex leak popped up:

It says we have a total of 112 new Pokémon and 38 Alola forms (not all of them being Kanto Pokémon).

So some differences compared to the last list...

Bruxish doesn't have a pre-evolution, but an evolution? Wimpod has split evolution with different types? Pikipek evolutions being Steel/Flying? Starter evolutions and Rockruff evolutions don't have various types? Minior is standalone? Morelull final evo loses Grass for Poison-type? Pidove line and Johto starters have Alola Forms?

Those are just some of my questions, but Litten final evo being Fire/Fighting is something that no-one wants because it pretty much confirms Litten will be sealing the same fate as Tepig - and that is being the unchosen starter.

Anyways, this list will likely be fake as well since Pikipek is supposed to come immediately after the Popplio line in the official Dex order.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah not really buying this leak at all. The leak itself is not unbelievable but the timing is bad, especially with today's leaks. It's too soon for a full dex leak IMO.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd really take these pokedex leaks with a pinch of salt. Coming right off the back of a leak we've just had seems way too convenient imo. Not only that but it's extremely easy to create a list of Pokemon and pass them off as a leak.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Let's be real, even if Litten's evolution is Fire/Dark, that won't make people like it more. It's the design, it's that it looks like a fighter, that people won't/don't like it. The Type won't save it.

Also I love the idea of the Johto starters being Fairy, Dark, and Fighting (even if it isn't a perfect "Type Triangle") and gaining the traditional Types only at the final stage. That's cool; I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Wow another trailer leaked!? That's the second time! Either way Alolan Raichu is pretty hype, has a lot of potential between speed and special attack boosts and is also a brilliant anime nod.

Good Job Game Freak, Good job!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Omg, there are so many new leaks I'm getting confused. And I'm a bit upset, since the Chinese leak is almost 90% true, I wonder how could GF be so careless.... That really takes away the excitement... But, hey!, it's also my fault, since I saw the Chinese Leaks myself so ...

Years
    Oh man, what did they do to Raichu ;-;

Okay, so Alolan Raichu is actually growing on me. I never thought it wasn't cute, I just pictured an Alolan Raichu to be... more badass and less cute. But it's pretty adorable. Electric/Psychic is interesting too.

I still prefer the original Raichu though.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I wouldn't point the finger at Game Freak, here. I'm certain TPC/Nintendo tried to do what they could, but leaks are pretty much always gonna happen, what are you gonna do.

Has there always been this kind of leaks in previous generations? I'm asking because I was never much into this kind of discussion and rumours thing until now, so yeah.

Also, why the hell are some people using some parts of Exeggutor's Alola Form Body for their avatar pics? xD

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Leaks and fake are my fave. I love seeing what stuff people come up with. When I have time I will read over this thread and post my thoughts if I can be bothered.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So 4chan has caught up with the Riddles leak that was shown to us this morning, but they also got this other leak which originated from either reddit or Bulbapedia. Here's what it's listed as unconfirmed at the moment:

- Drampa has a pre-evo
    - Mimikyu, Bruxish, and Togedemaru have no evolutions or pre-evo
    - Rockruff has three evolutions depending on which starter you picked
    - Wimpod is this gen's Gyarados/Milotic and its evo is a mix between Scolipede and Kabutops
    - Cutiefly evolves into a hummingbird moth
    - Salandit has a gender-based split evolution
    - Three Pokémon are based on Rock-Paper-Scissors (not sure if Pyukumyuku is one of them)
    - Lillie plays a big role on Zygarde's part
    - 8 legendaries besides Zygarde are important to the main story; the rest are event legendaries
    - There are 120+ Pokémon
    - Solgaleo and Lunala's abilities are more than just clones of Clear Body and Multiscale

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So 4chan has caught up with the Riddles leak that was shown to us this morning, but they also got this other leak which originated from either reddit or Bulbapedia. Here's what it's listed as unconfirmed at the moment:

- Drampa has a pre-evo
    - Wimpod is this gen's Gyarados/Milotic and its evo is a mix between Scolipede and Kabutops
    - Three Pokémon are based on Rock-Paper-Scissors (not sure if Pyukumyuku is one of them)
    - 8 legendaries besides Zygarde are important to the main story; the rest are event legendaries
    - There are 120+ Pokémon
    - Solgaleo and Lunala's abilities are more than just clones of Clear Body and Multiscale
    Now this is a leak I can get behind! Please be real!

Years

- Drampa has a pre-evo
    - There are 120+ Pokémon

Over 120 new Pokemon? If that's the case, then this will put 7th Gen between 3rd Gen and 4th Gen as far as the generations ranked by number of new Pokemon are concerned. It depends on what the final number is though.

Rockruff evolution being based on your Alola starter choice? The question will be, which starter determines which type? That aside, I think it would definitely be more interesting than being based on time of day. And we also should know that Rockruff's evolution will be covered in the next CoroCoro.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Over 120 new Pokemon? If that's the case, then this will put 7th Gen between 3rd Gen and 4th Gen as far as the generations ranked by number of new Pokemon are concerned. It depends on what the final number is though.

Rockruff evolution being based on your Alola starter choice? The question will be, which starter determines which type? That aside, I think it would definitely be more interesting than being based on time of day. And we also should know that Rockruff's evolution will be covered in the next CoroCoro.

Perhaps that's related to the secret behind the starters too...hmm... if this new rumor is true that is.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

- Drampa has a pre-evo
    - There are 120+ Pokémon
    May I get a main character of the Zelda games?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Perhaps that's related to the secret behind the starters too...hmm... if this new rumor is true that is.

If true, then it debunks the leak of all four them having split evolutions based which island they evolved from.

May I get a main character of the Zelda games?

The main character is already on my post; it's under the "this other leak which originated from either reddit or Bulbapedia" sentence (I used to blend it in).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back