• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    The middle stage Rowlet looks adorable and I really hope it is real. The Popplio looks kind of awkward though.

Really interesting how most leaks now are saying that Pikipek will become Steel/Flying. Where did this come from? I can't see it being anything other than Normal/Flying but I wouldn't be opposed to it because it would make it a much more interesting Pokemon than the other beginner birds. That's one reason why I love Talonflame so much.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The middle stage Rowlet looks adorable and I really hope it is real. The Popplio looks kind of awkward though.

Really interesting how most leaks now are saying that Pikipek will become Steel/Flying. Where did this come from? I can't see it being anything other than Normal/Flying but I wouldn't be opposed to it because it would make it a much more interesting Pokemon than the other beginner birds. That's one reason why I love Talonflame so much.

Same. I don't know where this idea originated but it's an interesting one; a woodpecker becoming a drill... it makes sense.

That's the thing with these "leaks," even the ones that are super obviously fake can have some good ideas that you end up wanting to see happen.

Years

Well, Pikipek is a woodpecker and becoming a drill would make sense, as Rivvon stated. Also, we know Drill Peck is a move which would very much fit with that. We also haven't had a Steel/Flying Pokemon other than Skarmory yet.

I also believe a Ground-type Alolan Grimer and Muk would make sense since I would envision them to be a brown pile of mud that got contaminated and made them become Poison-types, and mud is associated with Ground-type so it would make sense for an alternate form that's brown and based on mud.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Okay guys listen up I have a brand new meme I mean leak for you! Believe me if you want but if you don't it's whatever; I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything... I mean why would I? It's not like I'm taking time out of my day to write all this down for you to read! But whatever here is the leak!!

The number of new Pokémon is going to be around 120, not exactly but it's around there. It's gonna include really not-obvious stuff like a dolphin and a [remember to put something here from a previous leak to make sure this looks more "credible"]. an ice snowman

There's gonna be new Alola forms and a lot of them are going to be Fairy-Types because we can never get enough of those!

I'm not gonna post anything specific, like anything pertaining to the plot, because that would make this too easy to debunk--but this isn't fake but if you don't believe me it's whatever I don't care

I could draw for you the new Pokémon if you want but not for another few hours because I need to get caught up on all the latest memes.
    This leak is so good, it's more credible then the 4 main ones!

But really this just shows how easy it is to make a leak :p

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Well, Pikipek is a woodpecker and becoming a drill would make sense, as Rivvon stated. Also, we know Drill Peck is a move which would very much fit with that. We also haven't had a Steel/Flying Pokemon other than Skarmory yet.

I also believe a Ground-type Alolan Grimer and Muk would make sense since I would envision them to be a brown pile of mud that got contaminated and made them become Poison-types, and mud is associated with Ground-type so it would make sense for an alternate form that's brown and based on mud.

Fair enough, it is an interesting type and could see some use in competitive play, and serve a different role than Skarmory.

That would be really cool, I'd love if those Grimer and Muk turn out real and they were the original forms of them before they ended up in toxic environments in Kanto, Hoenn and Unova. I also really love that Golem design and especially how Weezing went from a toxic hazard to a fire hazard, really interesting (and he only has one head! yay for him?).

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Fair enough, it is an interesting type and could see some use in competitive play, and serve a different role than Skarmory.

That would be really cool, I'd love if those Grimer and Muk turn out real and they were the original forms of them before they ended up in toxic environments in Kanto, Hoenn and Unova. I also really love that Golem design and especially how Weezing went from a toxic hazard to a fire hazard, really interesting (and he only has one head! yay for him?).
    I'll be honest, the Weezing design is kinda strange to me.

Also idk much about chemistry,but I don't think poison - poison = dirt, I think it's either water, or nonexistant.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Either Getting some Fire/Ground Lava Muk and Grimer or pure Ground would fit for Alola.

Insurgence has Delta Grimer and Delta Muk as Ground type.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If these are confirmed fake I'd be shocked because they look like they make sense for a middle stage.

Why? The final evolutions have been around for ages. Plenty of time for a skilled person to design something to link the two together.

Just because the quality is good doesn't mean it's automatically real. Jeez. and just because they look similar to the chinese leaks doesn't make them real either. Everyone has access to those pictures if they want to draw designs based on them.

Personally I think the leak is bogus because it mentions that there are only four totem Pokemon: Gumshoos, Lurantis, Wishiwashi and a fire pig.

Three of those Pokemon match up with the type of three trial captains we believe to be situated on Akala island. (Mallow, Lana and Kiawe) Which would mean that three of our four totem battles are situated on Akala island (and Sophocles doesn't get a totem battle)

It just seems strange to me. I feel like this leaker could have made the mistake in assuming that there will be one trial captain per island. In which case it would make sense that we'd get one totem Pokemon per island.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Those Middle Starter Evolutions seem weird. Look at Rowlet's... It becomes a bit "fat" which doens't fit its possible final evolution, although the leaves growing on its neck sure look like its final evolution's hook...
    Litten's look ... ok. We know its possible final evolution becomes larger and has a belt, so it isn't that different.
    Popplio looks weird as hell, It just looks so thin. And why is it posing like that???? I love Popplio, but that thing's really strange.

But ... as Sabrewulf said, we can't actually tell these are true. The final evolutions were leaked sometime ago, so it's easy to someone design a middle evolution to have similarities with its final form. I just hope these aren't real, especially for Popplio's sake.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Why? The final evolutions have been around for ages. Plenty of time for a skilled person to design something to link the two together.

Just because the quality is good doesn't mean it's automatically real. Jeez. and just because they look similar to the chinese leaks doesn't make them real either. Everyone has access to those pictures if they want to draw designs based on them.

Personally I think the leak is bogus because it mentions that there are only four totem Pokemon: Gumshoos, Lurantis, Wishiwashi and a fire pig.

Three of those Pokemon match up with the type of three trial captains we believe to be situated on Akala island. (Mallow, Lana and Kiawe) Which would mean that three of our four totem battles are situated on Akala island (and Sophocles doesn't get a totem battle)

It just seems strange to me. I feel like this leaker could have made the mistake in assuming that there will be one trial captain per island. In which case it would make sense that we'd get one totem Pokemon per island.
    There are a few trial captains per island, but there's only 1 totem pokemon per island. The totem pokemon is battled after you get all 4 trials completed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's likely anime concept art since Ash was shown in it.

If those are fake then it will be one of the biggest coincidence!
    Whoever post those art , had before head knowledge of Mallow since they drew her perfectly there.
    Off course , I hate Litten's evolution.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    There are a few trial captains per island, but there's only 1 totem pokemon per island. The totem pokemon is battled after you get all 4 trials completed.

Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U

"Powerful Totem Pokemon await at the End of Each trial"

It said nothing about only battling a totem Pokemon once you've completed all the islands trials.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think there's 1 trial per island and all 4 captains help you complete it, but most people aren't expecting 16 totems.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I think there's 1 trial per island and all 4 captains help you complete it, but most people aren't expecting 16 totems.

Um...there is more than 1 trial and more than 4 captains. Each trial captain gives you a different trial. For example Mallow gives you a fetch quest and Kiawe's is a memory game with dancing. It says on Serebii after each trial we battle a Totem Pokemon, so I think we have more than 4 totem Pokemon per island. I could be wrong, but it's not really clarified or not.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Um...there is more than 1 trial and more than 4 captains. Each trial captain gives you a different trial. For example Mallow gives you a fetch quest and Kiawe's is a memory game with dancing. It says on Serebii after each trial we battle a Totem Pokemon, so I think we have more than 4 totem Pokemon per island. I could be wrong, but it's not really clarified or not.

I'm just saying most leaks are hinting at 4 totem pokemon, but anything could happen really.

blue

gucci
    Years
    All these leaks in the lead up to the release makes for some really fun discussion! It's great to have these leaks circulating when there isn't much news being discussed, kinda keeps the hype built up for the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back