• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • The Nido royals say hi.

Yeah, but that was back in Kanto when it was something rare. And it stopped with Gallade and Froslass. Now we have Unfezant, Pyroar, Meowstic, and Jellicent. And then all forms have also been considered the same pokemon even if they are very different.

Here's hoping those starter final evos are fake... They're pure cancer.

I will be honest. You may as well start getting used too them. It is unlikely they are fake. Too me, they all look great now that I am used to them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah, but that was back in Kanto when it was something rare. And it stopped with Gallade and Froslass. Now we have Unfezant, Pyroar, Meowstic, and Jellicent. And then all forms have also been considered the same pokemon even if they are very different.

I will be honest. You may as well start getting used too them. It is unlikely they are fake. To me, they all look great now that I am used to them.

The Latis also say hi. Yeah, it stopped in Gen IV. However, it could also come back.

Anyways, it might not dependent on the sex of the Pokémon.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, but that was back in Kanto when it was something rare. And it stopped with Gallade and Froslass.

Even with Gallade and Froslass existing you can still get male Gardevoir and female Glalie

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That reminds me, will Steelix also have to use an Alola form like its pre-evolved form?

I'd imagine so, a mega as well. We know that from the leaks, an Alolan Alakazam should be in the game. Which if true, I wonder if megas would be affected as well. That would shake things up a bit if it does happen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So I found this thread on /vp/, which revolves around some weird HEX codes, DN numbers, and colored squares that indicate types. It is believed that it says we're getting a total of 109 new Pokémon, Marshadow is Psyhic/Poison, and the speculated Water/Fairy guardian happens to be part Ice. However, the last poster of the thread wrote this:

>I was not here back then
    I don't think there will be 109 new pokemon.
    Not because the information is wrong, but because this is product/packaging listing. It's more likely there's 109 different kind of item instead. I don't know what toy is is, but there must be repeats of different version or pokemon skipped because it has no merch.

I imagine it was pokemon plastic model or the sort, so:

Items with DN "1o.109", "2o.109", and "3o.109" is a SINGULAR large size model of the basic stage starter. It is color coded with only its main typing, ignoring its secondary typing, because not all of them has it. hence Rowlet is not labeled with the flying typing.
    Items with DN "1-3o.109" and so on, is SET of 3 model, all of the starter evo-line. they're color tagged with its secondary typing, as all final evo has secondary typing. Hence, Luchalitten tagged Dark and Entermaid tagged Fairy.
    Items with DN "10-12o.109" is also a set of three; Vikavolt evo line.
    And so on.

Sizes are probably set to "6/8-80lb" by default.

Items with EEP "22p0dso4580w10s"is a separate product. Probably for a larger item or different product. With all the psychic tag on the SUNM9002, we can assume its for the legendaries, and Marshadow is Psychic/Poison.

>Did-i-got-em-right?.jpeg

Thoughts?

Years
  • 109 new Pokemon? That is actually very close to how many we had introduced for 4th Gen, which had 107 new Pokemon. At least it will be bigger than what we had for 6th Gen if it's proven.

Psychic/Poison looks like a very interesting typing as well, so hopefully it will make for an interesting design for Marshadow. The funny part is that the Poison-type is resisted by Lunala's Ghost-type and both its STAB types will be resisted by Solgaleo. Similar to how Yveltal and Xerneas were immune to both of Zygarde's own types when you think about it.

Anyways, if we get announcement of a Sun & Moon demo (similar to X/Y and OR/AS before it) I could likely see someone doing a lot of data mining and revealing more stuff we never knew until the leak happens.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Anyways, if we get announcement of a Sun & Moon demo (similar to X/Y and OR/AS before it) I could likely see someone doing a lot of data mining and revealing more stuff we never knew until the leak happens.
    I doubt we'll get a demo this time around, especially after what happened last time. Unless it's a kiosk demo, which is possible.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So I found this thread on /vp/, which revolves around some weird HEX codes, DN numbers, and colored squares that indicate types. It is believed that it says we're getting a total of 109 new Pokémon, Marshadow is Psyhic/Poison, and the speculated Water/Fairy guardian happens to be part Ice. However, the last poster of the thread wrote this:

Thoughts?

I will be honest, I have no idea what that guy was talking about. I couldn't understand it very well. So does that mean more than 109 or less then? And does it take into account Alolan Pokemon that have type changes?

109 sounds about what I say it's a good number.

Years
  • I doubt we'll get a demo this time around, especially after what happened last time. Unless it's a kiosk demo, which is possible.

There's either the kiosk possibility, or Game Freak could build extra protection around the data so that it will be harder for data miners to hack into. I don't know if Game Freak heard about the huge data mining dump from the OR/AS demo, but if they did hear about the leak spreading over the internet they would likely try and counteract as to avoid another leak like it.

And back to the 4chan thread Pinkie leaked, if the other island guardians alongside Tapu Koko are Grass, Fire and Ice that will likely mean the four islands are themed around green, red, blue and yellow like previously speculated. It also mentions Tapu Koko is a legendary which I expected from the moment it was revealed due to its bio. I also find it hard to believe Marshadow could possibly be the first-ever Poison-type legendary, something we had to wait seven generations for.

The question is, does the possible 109 new Pokemon total count Alola Forms? Because Game Freak often counted Mega Evolutions as new Pokemon, but we also have to consider that Megas (and likely Alola Forms as well) take up the same Dex slot as their normal counterparts.

The thread also says Pikipek is the line that comes after Popplio's in Pokedex order which reminds me of the Starly line immediately following Piplup in Pokedex order back in 4th Gen. Based on what is mentioned this is likely what the National Dex order for the starters + Route 1 new Pokemon is:
    722 - Rowlet
    723 - Rowlet middle stage
    724 - Rowlet final stage (Robingroot)
    725 - Litten
    726 - Litten middle stage
    727 - Litten final stage (Panthster)
    728 - Popplio
    729 - Popplio middle stage
    730 - Popplio final stage (Entermaid)
    731 - Pikipek
    732 - Pikipek middle stage
    733 - Pikipek final stage
    734 - Yungoos
    735 - Gumshoos
    736 - Grubbin
    737 - Charjabug
    738 - Vikavolt

(Robingroot, Panthster and Entermaid were the names mentioned in a translated version of the Chinese leak)

Yungoos line I'm expecting to follow Pikipek, while Grubbin line comes after Yungoos, like how 4th Gen's new Pokemon had Starly coming right after the starters, then Bidoof and then Kricketot.

Last edited:

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What did they do to my poor Litten? I was really excited to see it evolve into like... a sleek, vicious-looking panther. Maybe like a dark version of the female Pyroar. But instead they're going to make it into some big masculine wrestler with fire coming out of it's crotch? That hurts my soul a little bit. It's just like what happened to Tepig. Suddenly it gets up on two legs and starts throwing punches at you. :(

But honestly, if that's what Litten's turning into, I'm picking Rowlet now.

Years
  • What did they do to my poor Litten? I was really excited to see it evolve into like... a sleek, vicious-looking panther. Maybe like a dark version of the female Pyroar. But instead they're going to make it into some big masculine wrestler with fire coming out of it's crotch? That hurts my soul a little bit. It's just like what happened to Tepig. Suddenly it gets up on two legs and starts throwing punches at you. :(

You know, I think the starter popularity is going the same way as 5th Gen. Both starter trios had their final evolutions leaked before being officially revealed, and in both cases the Fire-type started out as a fairly loved Pokemon but upon final evolution leak happening they declined heavily to the point they are likely the starter that nobody wants to use. Tepig had that fate, so much to the point that I barely hear people using it in their Unova playthroughs. If the reception of Litten's leaked final stage is to go by, Litten will end up as the Alola starter that gets picked the least.

On the other hand, the already-popular Grass-type starter gets even more love (although Serperior did cause some divide with the Snivy fanbase) while the initially hated Water-type gets redemption with a good-looking yet unexpected final stage. Oshawott went from least loved to most loved (though Snivy kinda now shares its spotlight) while Popplio is likely heading the same way.

Personally I think Rowlet will stay the most chosen since it already had a huge fanbase from its reveal and the reception to its leaked final stage has been notably high. Popplio will probably be the second most picked since it has kinda gone through the "Oshawott Effect" and its final stage is getting a lot of love as well. Litten will be least picked because nearly everyone hates its final stage, like what happened to Tepig.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What did they do to my poor Litten? I was really excited to see it evolve into like... a sleek, vicious-looking panther. Maybe like a dark version of the female Pyroar. But instead they're going to make it into some big masculine wrestler with fire coming out of it's crotch? That hurts my soul a little bit. It's just like what happened to Tepig. Suddenly it gets up on two legs and starts throwing punches at you. :(

Same. Well, I'll still pick Litten, but I'll stick an Everstone on it. If Ash can get through with never evolving his Pokémon, then so can I.

But it's definitely absurd. How hard is it to design a quadruped tiger/lion/panther? All those cool things about Litten's combustible fur and possible alchemic connections... All gone, tossed aside in favor of yet another bipedal, wrestling Fire starter. Nothing ever changes, and the cycle just continues...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I love Thai boxing shamo chicken and Sun Wukong so what do I know, but I think Litten turning into a wrestler is a hell of a lot more inspired than "a cat, but bigger". It's ugly, it's unappealing but I think that's why it's great, and I already made a post on why it's actually really clever.

I also think it has enough to distinct itself from its fellow fire starters. Being a heel (dirty fighter) and a wrestler is a lot different than being a muay thai fighter and well, the monkey king himself. (I have no idea why Emboar got its fighting type so dont ask me)

I mean, this is our first villainous starter going by the concept art. Dude's a spitter. Hawlucha's popular because it's as cheesy as lucha libre, so why not have a Pokemon that embraces everything silly about modern wrestling? People love that stuff.

Also, King from Tekken.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • I love Thai boxing shamo chicken and Sun Wukong so what do I know, but I think Litten turning into a wrestler is a hell of a lot more inspired than "a cat, but bigger". It's ugly, it's unappealing but I think that's why it's great, and I already made a post on why it's actually really clever.

I also think it has enough to distinct itself from its fellow fire starters. Being a heel (dirty fighter) and a wrestler is a lot different than being a muay thai fighter and well, the monkey king himself. (I have no idea why Emboar got its fighting type so dont ask me)

I mean, this is our first villainous starter going by the concept art. Dude's a spitter. Hawlucha's popular because it's as cheesy as lucha libre, so why not have a Pokemon that embraces everything silly about modern wrestling? People love that stuff.

Also, King from Tekken.

people don't hate fire fighting pokemon or pokemon than stand on two legs. They hate that the last 4 fire type starters have been humanoid with 3 of those being fire fighting pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    See what I don't get about that is that this isn't limited to Litten, this has been the case with the other two as well, as well as 5 and 6's trio. Starters being more humanoid is a conscious decision that they've been going with for a while.

I mean, I don't like it either, but I genuinely think it's really clever in Litten's case, whereas I have no idea why Rowlet would turn into an archer (much as I adore that), or why a circus seal would turn into a mermaid. Even gen 6 has an RPG class motif going on, and gen 5's trio are based on different nobility, but I'm kinda lost on what the theme is supposed to be here.

Closest thing I can think of is iconic fictional characters. Litten being Tiger Mask, Rowlet obviously being Robin Hood, but I'm lost on Popplio.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Like I said before, a possible reason for the decision of bipedal starters like Litten's final evo is the possibility of them being chosen by Sakurai to be the next new Pokémon rep for Super Smash Bros. (depending if he sees any potential ideas to use implement them).

Closest thing I can think of is iconic fictional characters. Litten being Tiger Mask, Rowlet obviously being Robin Hood, but I'm lost on Popplio.

The Little Mermaid for Popplio?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    See what I don't get about that is that this isn't limited to Litten, this has been the case with the other two as well, as well as 5 and 6's trio. Starters being more humanoid is a conscious decision that they've been going with for a while.

I mean, I don't like it either, but I genuinely think it's really clever in Litten's case, whereas I have no idea why Rowlet would turn into an archer (much as I adore that), or why a circus seal would turn into a mermaid. Even gen 6 has an RPG class motif going on, and gen 5's trio are based on different nobility, but I'm kinda lost on what the theme is supposed to be here.

It continues gen 6's theme.

Mage - Delphox
    Paladin - Chesnaught
    Rogue(/Ninja) - Greninja

Archer - Rowlett
    Dancer/Bard - Popplio
    John Cena Fighter - Litten

Years
  • It continues gen 6's theme.

Mage - Delphox
    Paladin - Chesnaught
    Rogue(/Ninja) - Greninja

Archer - Rowlett
    Dancer/Bard - Popplio
    John Cena Fighter - Litten

Okay, that's actually interesting... one that appears to be physically strong, one that attacks in a stealthy manner, and one who focuses on magic with a feminine-looking design.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back