• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leave/Return of Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
  • Bye Casey in PC.

WB Casey in SPPf.

*smacks herself*

oO; Wow. What a twist...

Anyway, bye Casey...will miss your sweet attitude here. ^_^

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Bye o__o;;
    *has no words*
    I bet ya hurt yar fingers writing that >>;;
    But, oh well, see ya... We hope o__o;;

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Hm...Casey's leavin'...wow...See ya, Casey! I hope you have a nice life...You should start going on AIM so we can talk XD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • ._.

I will really miss you Frost.

Throughout the letters, I tried my best to not get lost anymore, to understand everything, but I'm just stupid to comprehend this I guess. It's just like that fork in the road, right? Without a guide, I'll just be rendered useless and without the faintest trace of clue where I am or supposed to go. And let me just say, you've been an excellent guide so far.

Indeed, your role of the drama may have ended, but just a part of you has not. Of course, even if the curtain falls, you'll still be remembered as one of my and the others' favorite moderators ever. I admit, your PMs were interesting, and it helped me a lot. It helped me realize, and now I think I do, although I still blame my lack of understanding things. I'm certain, many people will miss you.

As I read, it was very brave and just thoughtful of you to type up these mind provoking letters for the people of PC. I'm sure that they will appreciate it as well. I'm fairly certain to say the least, because it's been great. It's been truthful, and the complete honesty put behind me will, to say the least, sink in to people. Just a premonition of thought...

As for the long PM, no need. Promises can be broken if the other understands the reason, and I do to say the least. I picked up bits of signs through the fog, and I try to put it together, and have a basic silhouette of it. I don't understand it fully, I wish I did, I want to. So I'll try.

After all, Lily is just another one of those rather wistful 12 yr olds.

^_^

~LP

Years
  • GAH! NO!

I was going to ask you to review my latest chapter in Call of Dragons... O_o

Man this sucks. Oh well...there goes another friend. People who I like depart so quickly.

Bye, Frosty!

Edit: *sigh* I'm really disappointed since first of all, my best friend in real life might move away. Then, you're going. What else could happen? I've nothing else to say but Purin lost that disk containing some Johto Special Summaries. She's currently fixing some things up...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Frostweaver,

I know I probably don?t have any right to say anything since we don?t know each other at all, but I feel that I can completely understand what you?re saying. We?ve accidentally had a couple of small fights in the past on the forums over misunderstandings, which is very unfortunate. I want you to know that I?ve always been on your side in anything that you argue about, and that has always made me feel bad, because I wanted you to always consider me an ally, even if a very small and insignificant one. You?re the best person at PC, and I?ve always admired your boundless intelligence, wisdom, and adherence to morality.

I believe I have gathered what happened from what you?ve typed, and I, myself, felt a strange horror at hearing the news, because I would never have imagined this...I have the utmost sympathy for you, frostweaver, because I can imagine how much you cared for her...but this, this goes beyond loss. I cannot imagine the despair you must feel, knowing that this happened...I even feel terrible thinking about it, and I?m not even involved. I am so sorry that you have been undeservingly devastated.

You are completely right to leave because of this...for people like you and I, there is nothing for us here. What was once a simple, successful pokemon community has now been twisted by a new dynamic that leaves people like us out in the cold. The T-Dome is slowly destroying us all. I, too, refused to ever go in there, even after being one of the first five people that you entrusted with information about it. People unlike us always take a commanding control over forums such as those, and spread a sickening hatred around. I despise what this community has become, but unfortunately I cannot bring myself to fully leave...I will be almost gone, but not entirely.

You, frostweaver, are a true hero, to go through all this and still be able to write such an amazing, eloquent goodbye letter. I respect you higher than anyone here, as someone who shares your convictions. You were the greatest person here, and PC will be a much lesser place without you. Not good enough for me to stay around much longer, anyway. Thank you for standing up for people like me here. I will always appreciate it. I hope that life treats you better than PC has.

~Chairman Kaga

And who moved this to Leave of Absence? Frostweaver took enough time to type that out, at least give him the dignity of having his own topic =/

Last edited:

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I knew this was coming around man, so I guess I don't have "much" to be surprised about, but it still kinda sucks to see ya leave. I won't whine or cry or whatever, because I know you won't stay either way, but it was still pretty awesome having you around for so long, always helping out with everything, and being an excellent mod too. I kinda miss those times during summer where in the middle of the night we'd be talking about all sorts of crap, mainly pointless stuff, but it still was a nice time. I'll agree PC isn't the same, but everything changes, and you either go with the flow or rebel, and it's nice to see you up to your old rebel ways. Well, later man

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    i dont really understand why you're leaving casey..i mean the thread you visit are up to you, so you could just not visit 'Other Chat', or could just not tell everyone your pair status? I mean, the places you visit and the things you say are up to you..

well, hope ya have fun, nice to know you casey ^^

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • meh there seems to be an influx of memeber leaving. Believe me I know where your coming from, I was disgusted by the staff on pe2k to the point that I was willing to get banned on purpose. Things don't work out sometimes and people piss you off beyond all recognition, yeah it happens on every forum. So if you ned to leave, do so. Im not one to beg people to stay or to be as presumptious as to mock them when they feel that they have been betrayed. So all I have to say to those leaving is goodbye, good luck, and perhaps we shall see each other again under better circumstances. And I have a note of warning to those not leaving, beware not to let this forum fall under the same condition as pe2k. Veteran members were otstracized by newer members who for some reason thought they knew more, and classic threads were closed by those who deemed them unneccesary. Its that sort of mentality, and the pompus pre-disposition of mods who think theyre too big for thei britches that will cause the more popular members to leave. PC has frostweaver and Pe2k had raik. Raiks departure caused an influx of leaving members, I hope the same doesn't happen with frosty.

So I guess all thats left is to bid adieu to whoever happens to be leaving...

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • Frostweaver, U were the first mod i knew i admired how u'd post in my threads when i needed help and u helped me. I will truely miss u. ~Amanda

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
  • Hey all... well, you probaly saw my thread. Unfortunately the lovely Dragon Trainer closed it (which i thankyou for, you sarcastic bast*** ^-^) I had my say and obviously nobody apart from a few agree with me.. I'm just going to go. Goodbye PC, you won't miss me, i'm another blend in and a outcast. After all this, i will miss this place, but there's no reason to anymore. Bye guys, enjoy your stay in your 'perfect' PC.

(All my friends here, remember you can still contact me on MSN at [email protected] You can also email me through that address. Me and some others will be looking for a new place to go. To my few but great friends here, thanks for everything. Your the best - Love you guys xxxx)

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    No problem love, I have to dispose of things as I see fit, after all, we idiot mods don't know any better :D

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years

I'm sorry for saying this, but that is the most stupidest reason I have ever heard for someone leaving PC, you know?

I don't recall people EVER saying PC was PERFECT. Every forums CHANGE, whether you like it or not. Can you change that? No. Do you want to? Maybe, but you can't. It's life. It changes, and we must all learn how to adapt. If it doesn't, what would it be like? A simple boring monotone of a world with nothing in particular? No, that's what I don't like. You leaving just because PC has changed.

So what? SPPf changed. Thousands of other sites changed. People leave, people come. if you're looking for someplace else, be my guest, but bear in mind;

...Nothing ever stays the same.

~LP

This is another one of my stupid 12 yr old rambling...^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Leaving and confessions

I have something to say. OK, when I first found out about pokemon forums, which was a SPP, I learned about Mods and Admins. I saw how a lot of people repected them, and how they got to have cool privileges and such. Well, I had always wanted to become a mod. Seeing as I knew I couldn't ask to be one, I just tried to be as nice and helpful as I could, hoping that one day, Joe (owner of SPP) would give me a PM, saying that I was to become modded. That day never came. I was also banned from SPP, for reasons unknown to me. You can ask anyone who went to SPP too, I hadn't ever said anything fowl to anyone, or broke the rules...at least, not to my knowledge anyway. So, I was banned from SPP, and still am banned I am sure. I had no where else to turn to but PC. since I was already registered, I have been here for a while. Again, trying to become a mod. Yet, I can see this shall never happen, because for all I know, I have been breaking the rules that I did at SPP without knowing it. So, I take my leave, perhaps I shall return one day...and perhaps not. I say farewell to all the friends I made on PC, I shall miss you all. Now, I must leave immedietely, before I change my mind...goodbye, friends. ;-;

~Kelsey

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Bye tat! Even though you hate me and all...peace! I hope you have a nice life! I dont think we're ever gonna talk on MSN cuse you hate me even more, now, cause what I told you before...

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • Stop leaving! Is this a trend!?? it breaks my heart seeing ppl leave! It'z lik one after another gettin sucked it a black hole of nothingless. Hope u have a good time outside pc pikawolf. ~heartbroken Amanda

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back