• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendaries in Your Battle Revolution Team?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
The only legendary I have on my team is Groudon. and in Wifi mode, I have been very disappointed in his performance. I am familiar with what you mean, people packing mostly legendaries. the fact that all your pokemon are forced to level fifty hurts things somewhat. i've faced teams that were nothing but legendaries. one trainer sent out two dialga and a palkia on me. another sent out a dialga, a palkia, and mewtwo. It's frustrating to say the least.

But nothing made me grin more than my staraptor single handedly whiping out most of my opponent's pokemon. admittedly I lost most of my battles, but the fact that my Staraptor can pretty much destroy Dialga without fail on PBR wifi helps me out considerably. Dialga is very popular up there.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
Indeed. It takes a real noob to play full legendary teams anyway, that takes zero preparation and strategy. Especially when they have all three of the sacred lake legendaries in their team.

One guy who had an all legendary team I was actually able to single handedly defeat with staraptor. he had admittedly whiped out my other two with palkia alone, but then Staraptor came out. Return saw the end of Palkia, and when Regigigas Came out afterward, Staraptor sent him packing as well. The final pokemon they used was Giratina. it took two brave birds, but the opponent wasted what precious time they had using Shadow Force, so I took out all his legendaries with one simple bird. :p

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
XDD, he sent Giratina out against Staraptor and used Shadow Force? Stupidest move I've ever seen, XDDD!!

Ichida

Years
Cheezus effing kreist, that is bloody hilarious. Congrats on such an overwhelmingly satisfying win. :D

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
It felt good. Unlike that one trainer. She was good, wish she had let me have her friend pass. Not a single Uber on her team. Can you believe she beat my Staraptor with a Rattatta? Survived a Close Combat using Focus Sash, then used Endeavor. Quick Attack on the next turn reduced what little HP Staraptor had left.

Ichida

Years
That would be the Rattata of Death. I've been wondering about using it myself, but it seems like too much of a kamikaze Pokemon to give up the spot on my team.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
I just got PBR today and I've only got Dialga on my team.
But it does seem pretty unfair on Wifi to use legondaries. They have some better stats and moves...
[Duh. Didn't know what to say...XP]

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
I can when I want to, but just one as far as serious battling is concerned. I also have a all-Legend battle pass, but that's for the single-player mode annoyances, like Stargazer & Courtyard.

Ichida

Years
Yeah, I should train up a team of Arceus to deal with those, XDDD!

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
I have few legandaries [abot 23....] and I don't use them ata all heh. anyways. I haven't gone no Wi-Fi on PBR so I really don't know

Yeah, I should train up a team of Arceus to deal with those, XDDD!

Exactly what I was thinking -is on floor laughing-

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2008
I have celebi, mew, jirachi, mewtwo, and rayquaza on my team along with my blastoise. I feel bad about mewtwo and rayquaza a little but I trained mew and celebi from lvl 10 (and ev trained), and jirachi from lvl 5 (ev trained). I guess that makes those three ok right? But yeah, I agree, like a team of lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, groudon, kyogre, and dialga does ruin the point of the game.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I played at my friend's house... I beat this one guy with nothin but a Swampert... He had the three legedary beasts on me! XD He sent out Raikou and kept trying to use thunder on me... I let him keep using thunder for a while(he was obviously retarded...) then I finished him off. The he sent out Entei... XD I finished the rest of the battle quickly becuase Suicune turned out to be the guys HM slave! D:

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
Years
Legendaries seem cheap if you aren't prepared, but a good and ready EV trained team should be prepared for anything. One of my friends beat an all-legendary team with nothing but his Snorlax.

As for me, the only legendaries that I'll ever use regularly are Zapdos and Mewtwo (maybe Raikou, if I could get one)

Gengar man

Gengar lover
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2007
my team doesnt have any legendarys [although i have every single one]

Years
i don't use legends in online play only if i am stuck at the e4 or some random trainer or for chaining since the last longer when i chain and i do use them for ev training i let the poke that i want have an exp share and battle with my ho oh

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
@legend tamer: I think a Jirachi is okay because u can only get it a level 5, so you've gotta train it...

Also, i think i've battled you, it was a battle with all legends but a blastoise on your side, i cant remember if (if we battled) exchanged passes, if you try to exchange on all of them, then look for a pass with a cool guy and a Empoleon, Houndoom, Staraptor, Electivire, Gallade, and Garchomp

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
What is up with this "legendaries are cheap" Nonsense? Regardless of what people say there are Legendaries that are fine, I mean The 600 base dragons are better than the legendary birds and Dogs in MANY respects. They have a much better move pool options and all kinds of stuff. I think people just want something to complain about. Nothing is wrong with those who use them but for people to condemn thing for simply being "legendary" is silly.

Back