• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
Years
  • The arm thing with Arceus is, I believe, the fact that the universe is his arms, which explains why there's just sockets where his arms should be.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • Not enough to take as fact. It is highly dubious as a resource to take seriously for the events a species has been involved in, or thier special qualities, when the wording is as if it is a report on a myth.

like good writers, they leave a fair amount to your personal imaginative skill. (I used big words...TeeHEE)

Years
  • like good writers, they leave a fair amount to your personal imaginative skill. (I used big words...TeeHEE)

The pokedex is not a work of fiction, it is a scientific research book. Comprehension skills are realy needed when reading the Legendaries 'dex entries.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The pokedex is not a work of fiction, it is a scientific research book. Comprehension skills are realy needed when reading the Legendaries 'dex entries.

You say this, but there's only so much fact you can get. The reason legendry pokemon are legendry is because their stories have been passed down over the ages. These stories would have appeared in the first place if humanity stumbled upon arceus (Which they probably did, they built a temple around him) and arceus would then tell them about the creation of the world so humans didnt see pokes as a threat. Its like mirage island; It is said to appear, legend has it. There is no in-game proof of its existence until you see it yourself. To me the pokedex is like the bible, qur'an or any other religious book; You believe it because of its supposed importance. There are many other things to be discovered, a pokedex entry shouldnt be percieved as the concrete truth. Perhaps in future games there will be concrete explainations, but until then don't doubt the legends the games are based around merely because they keep an unbiased viewpoint.

Conclusion; All legends come from somewhere, the pokedex isnt necersarily right. The legends are more fun anway :)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Lucario072, Regigigas is a fusion of the three other Regi's. In order to get it you must have the three other regi's (Rock, Ice & Steel) in your team

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Mew: The Ancestor of all pokemon I believe created arceus through psychic abilities most likely

Arceus: Created Palkia and Dialga who formed the Sinnoh, now with a new region I believe Palkia and Dialga were kinda lonely so mew assisted them and created the fossil pokes such as omanyte,kabuto,aerodactyl,cranidos,lileep, etc. which eventually made their desendants we catch today.

Palkia/Dialga: SImply created the Area of Life.

Garatina mistakingly traveled through the parallel universe into this new one.

Mewtwo created by science to be the ULTIMATE fighting machine based on the original pokemon mew.

Groudon and Kyogre were godly pokes created by mew to expand upon what Palkia and Dialga had created

Kyogre started in sinnoh and made it rain creating the waters

Groudon started in sinnoh with his eruption move and started making new isles and apparently he can fly/is larger than life and could easily walk over/fly over the large oceans created by Kyogre and thus they had a war for dominance where they eventually fell into a slumber after creating 3 region through their war(Hoenn,Johto,Kanto)

Mew who is obviously the father of all saw that there was no order and appointed Lugia guardian of the seas and made articuno,zapdos,and moltres to help keep him under control, He made Celebi to keep balance in nature, Ho-Oh was created due to the deaths of Entei,Suicune and Raikou who were created imo to help keep the new world peaceful and make sure there was no pollutants and to also expand upon what Kyogre/Groudon ahd already done. Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit were protectors as well just of the Sinnoh region. Heatran I cant explain except being a strong force that turned into a mountain expanding upon the sinnoh region. Rotom was created later and was simply a result of electricity of the later pokes.

Being as I have confused myself I will make a simple diagram

Mew>Arceus>Palkia/Dialga>Groudon/Kyogre>Ancient Pokes>Sinnoh Legendaries>Other Hoeen legendaries>Johto Legendaries>Kanto Legendaris>Humans/kanto pokes>Mewtwo>Johto pokes>Hoenn pokes>Sinnoh pokes Its quite confusing

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Lucario/Kero; Regigigas isnt a fusion of the 3. It is thought he created the regis to embody their respective elements.

Sythe; Mostly right, however arceus created mew and not vice-versa. Arceus came out the egg in the chaos and then created the D/P, who shaped the universe. Then came Kyogre/Groudon to shape the earth and so on. Mew was placed on the fully formed planet to populate it, hence the term ancestor.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • Think here. Could they all be prehistoric species (more prehistoric than areodactyl and kabutops and all those) and are the last of their kind? That would explain the fact that they are just pokemon. Remember, they are stories past down, probably not actual facts.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    This is similar to a theory I posted a few weeks back. I reasoned that while the legends with specific roles are 1 of a kind (Hence their immortality), Mew was the first speceis (I.e ancestor poke). The whole planet was crawling with them, some lived in the sea (And evolved into water types), others lived in the desert and evolved into grnd and so on. After a while natural selection kicked in and the mews were wiped out, apart from the one who found the island in the sevii chain and lived there alone, not needing to evolve.

It makes sense, mew in genetically matched to every other poke, they should all derive from him.

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
  • If dialga/palkia are so powerful to create other pokes, why cant u use that great power when u catch them? Why cant u travel through time or teleport? Why cant you make huge waves with kyogres or create landmasses to cross the sea with groundoun with the power they supposedly have?

I believe they are strong pokemon people believe created the world, but since they cant prove it since they werent there, theres no way of actually knowing. Anyway, legendaries are rare powerfull pokemon,but i dont believe they created the universe...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Arceus is the pokemon god, he appeared out of nothing just like the christian god.
    If dialga/palkia are so powerful to create other pokes, why cant u use that great power when u catch them? Why cant u travel through time or teleport? Why cant you make huge waves with kyogres or create landmasses to cross the sea with groundoun with the power they supposedly have?
    QUOTE]

Would this seriously be realistic in the game? how would you plan on incorporating time travel into, compared to other releases, a low tech game. If you want a pokemon answer perhaps the 3 elves stripped them of their power

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Yea with arceaus and mew thats probably vis versa but I dont 100% agree with mews changing into other pokes although They knew transform in R/B/Y right so maybe they were like ditto and transformed and then breed while transformed to make the other pokes and maybe Ditto is an Imperfect form of its counterpart mew they are both pink and can use transform.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • If dialga/palkia are so powerful to create other pokes, why cant u use that great power when u catch them? Why cant u travel through time or teleport? Why cant you make huge waves with kyogres or create landmasses to cross the sea with groundoun with the power they supposedly have?

That's an interesting question. It probably would be kind of difficult to incorporate all of that into a single game cartridge. Also, it'd be kind of cheap.

But it would make for an interesting game where you could create and explore your own regions.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    when I say evolve I mean in the science term not poekmon term, E.g mew developed fins to live in the ocean and eventually became a sharpedo.

Sythe; look through this thread, 80% of people agree that arceus came first. He then created DP who made time/space, giving mew somewhere to live.

Ro-ohs; thats exactly my point :)

Zungie

Professor Zee
    Years

I believe they are strong pokemon people believe created the world, but since they cant prove it since they werent there, theres no way of actually knowing. Anyway, legendaries are rare powerfull pokemon,but i dont believe they created the universe...

And what good is a game when you can defeat everything in one move?
    I think the largest reason that we don't see the full power of these "legendary" pokémon, is because if we did, battles would be over in seconds etc..
    Does that make sense?
    Also the developers (i would assume) would like to leave that stuff open to interpritation.

*Uses Full Revive on the thread*

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
  • That means that the game isnt accurate where the anime is where they can use the great powers they are claimed to have...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    That means that the game isnt accurate where the anime is where they can use the great powers they are claimed to have...

Well thats wrong. There's only have a certain amount of info you can fit into a single cartridge. Movie makers can animate as many big effects as they want. The game is still factual, and the gods dont have their godly powers as there simply isnt enough memory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back