• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
  • There appears to be more than three pillars here, each with two numbers. For example, the last one I came across before finding Giratina was this one.

I found out what the numbers mean. The top number is which pillar you've found (never exceeds three). The bottom number is how many rooms you went through (always at least one) from the start or previous pillar, whichever was more recent, to get to this pillar.

I went through Turnback Cave again, and I got a Rare Bone.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Oh yeah ii knew that, i just forgot cuz i got somethin crap (I just kept going up lol)

GalladeIceMan

Friend of Pokemon
    Years
  • I haven't really read the whole thing, but it just seems logic that Dialga and Palkia were the first ones to be, because they created time and space, then comes Arceus, with the world, and then the rest come along. It seems that gamefreak has put much science into the games, where with events, you can capture Deoxys and Jirachi with the Space Center, and different stuff like that. What I find most fascinating, is that you find Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia in the same place, Spear Pillar/Hall of Origin, where it's the same with Jirachi and Deoxys, just different events. Do you think gamefreak is going after something here? Also, in the games Crystal/Gold/Silver, when you go to the Kanto region, it seems there is a connection between R/S/E as well. Because, you can find new places which have never been there before (Groudon), Cinnabar Island sinking (Kyogre), and well, nothing really with Rayquaza, but it is interesting that they make it different where the regular (most of them) pokemon evolve, and that the legendaries don't. Just like Professor Rowan, I am diving into looking why the legendaries don't evolve. As I see it, in the games, people don't want ubers, but instead, they want the regular pokemon. I don't know if this has something to do with the fact that they're probably not real, but most likely that the others evolve, and also, I don't see the difference between ubers and regulars. Coincidentally, there are some pokemon that don't evolve, and yet they aren't legendaries! Who's stopping us from saying that they aren't legendaries? Just because there is only one of the pokemon in each game doesn't mean that it is a legendary. I mean, take Bigfoot for example. He's in the Himalayas, and in Washington's forests. Also, maybe legendaries aren't legendaries. I really don't see the difference between them and the regulars. They are still pokemon, and as long as they're pokemon, i'll believe that they aren't legendaries. In PC, take the former pokemon crater, for example. You have to beat all of the gymleaders and elites, just to catch a pokemon at a higher level. Really, they're just pokemon. With gamefreak, why make you complete almost all of the story, just to make you catch a pokemon people don't use.

All in all, I say this thing includes alot of science.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Analysis of the Giratina I caught - First Attempt

Giratina @ No Item; Pressure
    Lax; No EVs
    Shadow Force
    Heal Block
    Earth Power
    Slash

IVs in order of HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed are as follows.

23-24/23-24/9/22/23-24/23-24

Should I try my luck getting a new Giratina by trading this one on the GTS, or should I try to recapture a new Giratina?

On topic, I still think that Giratina's the Pokécerberus (new words FTW).

GalladeIceMan

Friend of Pokemon
    Years
  • Waker of Chaos, you have nailed the Giratina part. It just seems to tricky with the

Past three pillars...offer up...to the...before 30 is surpassed.

I really don't get why gamefreak leaves out letters and numbers in stuff.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Waker of Chaos, you have nailed the Giratina part. It just seems to tricky with the

Past three pillars...offer up...to the...before 30 is surpassed.

I really don't get why gamefreak leaves out letters and numbers in stuff.

I understand it perfectly. These are very ancient inscriptions, so time has eroded some of the text away.

What about the Giratina I captured? Throw it back and fish again, or keep it and hope the GTS has one with the right Nature and IVs? I want to EV train a Giratina, is why.

Lax is +Defense and -Special Defense, by the way.

Finally, your comment about Cinnabar Island reminded me how it sank. The volcano erupted, remember? And don't you find Entei in the game if your starter was Bulbasaur? Entei makes volcanoes erupt by barking, so even if you didn't start with Bulbasaur, the presence of a single legendary dog means all three exist, though only one appears to you. I don't think Kyogre had anything to do with it.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I haven't really read the whole thing, but it just seems logic that Dialga and Palkia were the first ones to be, because they created time and space, then comes Arceus, with the world, and then the rest come along.
    Nope. The meaning behind the 'chaos' described in the libarary is the lack of time, space or anything of substance. When the egg appeared out of nowhere it implies arceus was bron and then the story tells how he created D&P, thus eradicating the chaos
    It seems that gamefreak has put much science into the games, where with events, you can capture Deoxys and Jirachi with the Space Center, and different stuff like that. What I find most fascinating, is that you find Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia in the same place, Spear Pillar/Hall of Origin, where it's the same with Jirachi and Deoxys, just different events. Do you think gamefreak is going after something here?
    Nice Point
    Also, in the games Crystal/Gold/Silver, when you go to the Kanto region, it seems there is a connection between R/S/E as well. Because, you can find new places which have never been there before (Groudon), Cinnabar Island sinking (Kyogre), and well, nothing really with Rayquaza, but it is interesting that they make it different where the regular (most of them) pokemon evolve, and that the legendaries don't. Just like Professor Rowan, I am diving into looking why the legendaries don't evolve.
    My guess is that they do't need to. They are perfectly suited to their jobs, their is no competition. According to darwin and most other theories on evolution, these are the only reasons somthing would evolve.
    As I see it, in the games, people don't want ubers, but instead, they want the regular pokemon. I don't know if this has something to do with the fact that they're probably not real, but most likely that the others evolve, and also, I don't see the difference between ubers and regulars. Coincidentally, there are some pokemon that don't evolve, and yet they aren't legendaries! Who's stopping us from saying that they aren't legendaries?
    The lack of godly power or overly-high strength. Dont forget we all thought elctabuzz and magmar were always gonna be 1-stage, 3 gens later and look whats here.
    Just because there is only one of the pokemon in each game doesn't mean that it is a legendary. I mean, take Bigfoot for example. He's in the Himalayas, and in Washington's forests. Also, maybe legendaries aren't legendaries. I really don't see the difference between them and the regulars. They are still pokemon, and as long as they're pokemon, i'll believe that they aren't legendaries. In PC, take the former pokemon crater, for example. You have to beat all of the gymleaders and elites, just to catch a pokemon at a higher level. Really, they're just pokemon. With gamefreak, why make you complete almost all of the story, just to make you catch a pokemon people don't use.

All in all, I say this thing includes alot of science.

Yep, too much science for my head to shift through at this time of night. Some nice thoughts though.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Something that I've been thinking for a while now is the whole Deoxys thing. It was said that Deoxys was created when a meteorite was exposed to a laser. The thing that bothers me about this is the interstellar virus thing. That got me to thinking that when all this creation was going on, there was some kind of sickness among the "creators". The fact that this virus came from a meteorite made me think that, maybe, just maybe, a piece of rock when Palkia created space broke off of a planet. This rock became contaminated with this epidemic going on and the meteor roamed around space. Millions of years later, the meteor crashed down on Earth where the humans discovered it and detected this virus which was preserved in the meteorite and didn't burn up in the atmosphere. Then by using this laser, the scientists tried to replicate the Pokemon DNA in the virus and ended up creating Deoxys. This may also explain Pokerus.

And about the post I made ages ago, its not from GameSpot or anything like that. I actually sat there and made that up.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Something that I've been thinking for a while now is the whole Deoxys thing. It was said that Deoxys was created when a meteorite was exposed to a laser. The thing that bothers me about this is the interstellar virus thing. That got me to thinking that when all this creation was going on, there was some kind of sickness among the "creators". The fact that this virus came from a meteorite made me think that, maybe, just maybe, a piece of rock when Palkia created space broke off of a planet. This rock became contaminated with this epidemic going on and the meteor roamed around space. Millions of years later, the meteor crashed down on Earth where the humans discovered it and detected this virus which was preserved in the meteorite and didn't burn up in the atmosphere. Then by using this laser, the scientists tried to replicate the Pokemon DNA in the virus and ended up creating Deoxys. This may also explain Pokerus.

And about the post I made ages ago, its not from GameSpot or anything like that. I actually sat there and made that up.

This is viable. However, it seems more likely to me that the alien virus Deoxys was originally wasn't a sickness among the Pokégods, but a virus that infected an alien world. If you've watched Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, you can draw parallels to that from what I'm about to say, although Jenova from Final Fantasy VII may be better suited for this.

The alien virus could have originated from another planet that was destroyed by the virus. The meteorite carrying this virus that came to our planet was recognized as a threat by Rayquaza, but remember that there was a Deoxys who WASN'T exposed to any laser, unless you count Rayquaza's Hyper Beam (but Deoxys was already awake). The other Deoxys awoke from the meteorite from the laser, as you stated.

Now, we don't know the exact date of when the Deoxys Meteor hit, nor do we know the exact dates of when your adventure in ANY game takes place. We know only when you started playing Diamond/Pearl, and that does us no good for this purpose. Therefore, for all we know, the presence of Deoxys caused mutations in molecules in the air, allowing Pokémon to catch Pokérus.

Given the nature of Pokérus, the destroyed planet would have had to been inhabited by either those allergic to it, or those who got so much of a boost from it that they went both berserk and insane.

#Gecko#

Alert: Tacos Rule
    Years
  • This doesn't require science, just thinking. This are possible chains of Pkmn together that anyone would assume.
    -Arceus=Mew
    -Dialga=Celebi
    -Celebi=Shaymin
    -Palkia=Deoxys
    -Groudon=Regigigas
    -Kyogre=Manaphy
    -Manaphy=Phione
    -Regigigas=Regis
    -Lati@s
    We have to prove each of this wrong.

Or start this disscusion from Kanto Legends and shoot from there.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • This doesn't require science, just thinking. This are possible chains of Pkmn together that anyone would assume.
    -Arceus=Mew
    -Dialga=Celebi
    -Celebi=Shaymin
    -Palkia=Deoxys
    -Groudon=Regigigas
    -Kyogre=Manaphy
    -Manaphy=Phione
    -Regigigas=Regis
    -Lati@s
    We have to prove each of this wrong.

Or start this disscusion from Kanto Legends and shoot from there.

We've already proven there's no connection between Mew and Arceus, Dialga and Celebi, Palkia and Deoxys, Celebi and Shaymin, and that Latios and Latias have no connections to other Pokémon.

Manaphy and Phione I skimped on, sorry. I'll get to them in my next post.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I was gone for two days and this post has already two more pages? My eyes hurt from reading! D: Z_Z

... Everyone (well, a few people) thinks that Mew has to be before Aruceus because it is supposedly the ancestor of all pokemon. But remember what I said about that although it says it, doesn't mean it is true. Please take this into more considoration. Mew just might be lucky because it can learn every move. And, if Mew was every pokemon's ancestor, we bring back the 'can't breed' thing. Mew can't breed, nor does it have a gender. All we can say is asexual breeding, as Gofre suggested.

Also, I don't think Phione can be considored a legendary. It can be bred, making more than one of them, making them not so special.

Thanks, Maddy! I feel like I belong to this forum now. I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

N'aww, why that's alright, Waker! I feel very happy, making you feel welcome, s'pecially as you've been here more than a year! And you quoted me too! That makes me feel even more special-er. =D

Years
  • i've been wondering what purpose do the elemental birds have? the only one i can think of is to keep ice fire and thunder in check. Also has anyone noticed that all the dogs and birds are the same type - except suicune and articuno but suicune can still learn aurora beam - odd isnt it?

also maybe there is a connection between Ho-Oh and Lugia because if the dogs are same type as the birds - except suicune - then they might have some kind of connection

also what if when u get to the spring path you enter a new dimension and thats why giratina is in turnback cave

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    First of all, where the heck are people pulling out this random connection between celebi and shaymin? there is NO connection! if anyone can find a connection i will eat my hat.

Secondly, Everything in Andrew's last post has already been covered. Like many legendries, such as lati@s, heatran etc, the birds have no real purpose. Like the dogs, they control the elemtents, how are you meant to keep an element in check? You make it sound like its rebellious.

Thirdly, as Maddy has alreadfy backed me up on ARCEUS CAME FIRST. Anyone who read the books in canalave library when prompted would know this. Also, if you wanna go by dex entries, arceus is the alpha pokemon. Alpha means first. Ancestor means old relative. I have ancestors, does that make them the first humans to ever live? No. It doesn't.

GalladeIceMan

Friend of Pokemon
    Years
  • Actually, I think that it's the Dialga, Palkia theory, because, you can't be living out there (Arceus) without time and space. It would just be a blank sheet of the universe. That's why Dialga and Palkia created the universe, and then created Arceus on purpose.

Celebi/Shaymin connection:

Celebi and Shaymin are both peacemakers.

Shaymin's dex- It can dissolve toxins in the air to instantly transform ruined landn into a lush field of flowers.

Celebi's dex- It has the power to travel across time, but it is said only to appear in peaceful times.

So now, I think that Arceus, Celebi, Palkia, and Dialga have a connection.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually, I think that it's the Dialga, Palkia theory, because, you can't be living out there (Arceus) without time and space. It would just be a blank sheet of the universe. That's why Dialga and Palkia created the universe, and then created Arceus on purpose.
    Read the books in canalave! the afformentioned chaos is referring to the lack of time and space!

Celebi/Shaymin connection:

Celebi and Shaymin are both peacemakers.
    Nope, Celbi runs away from conflict and shaymin is a gardener

Shaymin's dex- It can dissolve toxins in the air to instantly transform ruined landn into a lush field of flowers.
    How does that make him a peace maker? it makes him an envirmentalist if anything.
    Celebi's dex- It has the power to travel across time, but it is said only to appear in peaceful times.
    If he only appears when its peaceful, it means he's not there when there is conflict, how is he meant to make peace if he only apppears when there is peace?

Sorry but that's my take.

GalladeIceMan

Friend of Pokemon
    Years
  • lol. haties! lolololol. Yeah. Hell's gate.

Anyway. It's confusing. Gamefreak is pretty good at making mysteries.

I'm pretty sure that when Cinnabar island sinks it's because of Kyogre, and new places Groudon.

I know for a fact that Cinnabar sinking was not global warming o_O.

Years
  • oh my god i caught a haties Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

um.. anywho did gamefreak know about groudon and kyogre when G/S/C was out hmm...........

im hungry from thinking too much

pokemon's going invironmental?! scary.... soon enough when u talk to certain people in new games they'll be saying " global warming is dangerous " lol :)

and what about regigigas and groudon it says they both did the same thing on the pokedex - except regigigas did it with a rope - maybe when arceus created regigigas regigigas created regice regirock and registeel to help it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back