• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I know, the next evil team are gonna go round strapping pokemon to trees so they cant be cut down lol.

While the hades idea is most rational for giratina, there is no information on exactly who what or why he is. All we know is that he somewhere between life and death. I have no idea really.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • and what about regigigas and groudon it says they both did the same thing on the pokedex - except regigigas did it with a rope - maybe when arceus created regigigas regigigas created regice regirock and registeel to help it.

I've covered this already.

Well, anyway, Regigigas apparently worked together with Groudon, or at least cleaned up its mess, pulling the continents together. This is probably how Regirock was formed, what with all that rock from everywhere being thrown around. Regice was probably formed from the earliest polar ice caps' ice, and Registeel was probably made from metal found in a meteorite that Regigigas snatched out of the sky as it fell. Regigigas would shape these three Pokémon, give them life, and put them in what would become Hoenn as totems, or perhaps guardians (see Lucario and the Mystery of Mew). By capturing all three "totems", bringing them to Sinnoh, and going down into the Snowpoint Temple, one could reawaken Regigigas.

i've been wondering what purpose do the elemental birds have? the only one i can think of is to keep ice fire and thunder in check. Also has anyone noticed that all the dogs and birds are the same type - except suicune and articuno but suicune can still learn aurora beam - odd isnt it?

also maybe there is a connection between Ho-Oh and Lugia because if the dogs are same type as the birds - except suicune - then they might have some kind of connection

I've already covered this as well.

Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno represent the forces of lightning, fire, and ice. As Prof. Oak stated in The Power of One, an electrically-charged steam current has the power to flood the planet. This is basically what the "Beast of the Sea" was, caused by an imbalance of power between the trinity of forces. Lugia, having ocean-related powers in combination with being a Psychic type, allowed it to calm the birds. Not on its own, of course; Ash needed to get the orbs from each island and place them in a single shrine. I suspect that these orbs were charged with the elemental powers of the respective birds, and the sound waves from Melody's ocarina or Lugia's cry caused the radiation from those orbs to harmonize, which in turn would harmonize the birds themselves, restoring the balance and "calming the 'Beast of the Sea'". Such a form of radiation would only affect Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos in this way. It would be just like light from a flashlight to anyone else.

In Ecruteak City, we learn that Lugia and Ho-Oh lived there atop twin towers in ancient times, but human greed and lust for power chased them away. If I remember correctly, the Tin Tower is where Lugia lived, and the Brass Tower (now the Burnt Tower) was Ho-Oh's perch. Lugia probably evolved (not in the Pokémon way) to adapt to the ocean, thus why you find it in the Whirl Islands. Ho-Oh probably decided to return to the Tin Tower, since it was the only tower standing and sensed your kindness.

Again in Ecruteak, you learn that Ho-Oh has a connection to Entei, Raikou, and especially Suicune. It seems to me that the legendary dog trio are judges, racing across the land not just because their power is incredible (and yet they're all BL/OU? What the hell?), but also because they were watching us humans. Then you come along, capture/defeat all three, and Ho-Oh understands that humans aren't beyond redemption, and thus flies to Tin Tower and awaits you.

Speaking of Suicune, there's a connection with the Unown here. They never were considered like this before, but perhaps Unown can be a legendary Pokémon? Also, if you've seen Spell of the Unown, you know that the Unown come from an alternate dimension... Perhaps the same dimension Giratina hails from? Maybe the Unown were created so that humans could better understand Pokémon simply by spelling certain things out.

its alright we all have different opinions

What I've stated isn't opinion. It's the most likely to be fact, given our evidence (yes Gofre that includes the anime).

Finally, your comment about Cinnabar Island reminded me how it sank. The volcano erupted, remember? And don't you find Entei in the game if your starter was Bulbasaur? Entei makes volcanoes erupt by barking, so even if you didn't start with Bulbasaur, the presence of a single legendary dog means all three exist, though only one appears to you. I don't think Kyogre had anything to do with it.

I've already stated why Cinnabar sunk.

It really does pay to read the entire thread before posting, doesn't it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Maybe, although reading 15 pages can be rather tedious. Might I suggest reading pages 13 to here.

Can people please stop saying that Dialga and Palkia came first! Because they didn't! Read the books, read this thread! Aruceus came first, made the universe (who said it needed time and space to work?) then created Dialga and Palkia then created the three Spirits!

Please do not make us repeat ourselves AGAIN!

Actually, not all legends refer to legendaries, you know. I really want to know the secrets behind the Unown, if anyone knows anything cool about them?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Thankyou again maddy! Someone with something between their ears! People, look back over the last few pages, and see the amount of times I have said what maddy is saying! Then look back over the entire thread, and see how many people have suggested this in their theories! And finally, spend 5 minutes of your time looking in canalve library!

Could we all imagine how much simpler this thread would be if everyone realised what is possibly the most concrete fact we have? Its the stuff dreams are made of lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    The simplest explanation for all legendaries: They were created for people to have special and powerful Pokemon to catch and use. I think it depends simply on how you want to think of 'em, but no matter what, that much holds true. I prefer to see Arceus as creating the legends (or at least just Mew) and then having the legends create the world, so that Mew could populate it with Pokemon. But, however you want to see it is fine; Pokemon's a fairly creative franchise, so its fans should have the right to be just as creative about the ways they interpret it. I think that the mysteries of legendary Pokemon are never going to be told to us, shown to us, proven in any way, or anything like that in any game/episode/movie/whatever. That's what makes the legendary Pokemon so interesting and fun to catch/use/whatever.

PS-Which legend came first? Articuno, technically...

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Can people please stop saying that Dialga and Palkia came first! Because they didn't! Read the books, read this thread! Aruceus came first, made the universe (who said it needed time and space to work?) then created Dialga and Palkia then created the three Spirits!

CATERPIE CAME FIRST!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Actually, not all legends refer to legendaries, you know. I really want to know the secrets behind the Unown, if anyone knows anything cool about them?

I think the answer lies, naturally, in the UnownDex you'd get in G/S/C, as well as in the Ruins of Alph. If you paid close attention to your radio while in the Ruins of Alph, you'd get a strange signal on 13.5.

Now here's the interesting bit. The exact same "strange signal" is used in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. Perhaps Labrynna and Johto are linked somehow? It wouldn't be too surprising, given that the Unown come from an alternate dimension (Pokémon 3 and the anime episode in which Misty gets hit in the head by a falling, sick Unown, which leads to Ash's Larvitar's getting over its fear of humans are evidence of this).

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    CATERPIE CAME FIRST!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

OHISOTOTALLYAGREE! Who woulda thunk it?

I think the answer lies, naturally, in the UnownDex you'd get in G/S/C, as well as in the Ruins of Alph. If you paid close attention to your radio while in the Ruins of Alph, you'd get a strange signal on 13.5.

Actually the Unown dex doesn't make that much sense. The meanings are in a previous Legendary pokemon talk (when I first joined) and my idea was that since each Unown means a different word, that the word had some relevence to the movie.
    Oh yes the radio. That doesn't make much sence either. I've listened to that, got freaked out, ran away and listened to it again.

Now here's the interesting bit. The exact same "strange signal" is used in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. Perhaps Labrynna and Johto are linked somehow? It wouldn't be too surprising, given that the Unown come from an alternate dimension (Pokémon 3 and the anime episode in which Misty gets hit in the head by a falling, sick Unown, which leads to Ash's Larvitar's getting over its fear of humans are evidence of this).

Harh. That's either pure coincidence or just something that Nintendo planned to confuse us all! Damn them!

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • OHISOTOTALLYAGREE! Who woulda thunk it?

Me, apparently. :P

Actually the Unown dex doesn't make that much sense. The meanings are in a previous Legendary pokemon talk (when I first joined) and my idea was that since each Unown means a different word, that the word had some relevence to the movie.
    Oh yes the radio. That doesn't make much sence either. I've listened to that, got freaked out, ran away and listened to it again.

Let's see what I can do about the Unown Dex.

LOL You ran, then come back to listen again? XD

Harh. That's either pure coincidence or just something that Nintendo planned to confuse us all! Damn them!

It's not that Farfetch'd, if you'll pardon the pun. There were ghosts in Oracle of Ages. For all we know, they were Gastlies or something. There was an early anime episode with a talking Gastly.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Lul. I like you pun =D

Maybe. Or it's just again, pure coincidence. Notice that many games have the sound effects. Maybe that just found that sound file in the back of a drawerer somewhere in Nintendo studio and stolez it D: Oh noez!

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Lul. I like you pun =D

Maybe. Or it's just again, pure coincidence. Notice that many games have the sound effects. Maybe that just found that sound file in the back of a drawerer somewhere in Nintendo studio and stolez it D: Oh noez!

Well, that particular track was only in Pokémon Gold Version, Pokémon Silver Version, Pokémon Crystal Version, and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. It's never appeared anywhere else. That's what makes it so mysterious.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Maybe it might reappear in a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake that seems to be happening (maybe, but I presume so).

Oh dear. Typo! I mean, notice that many games have the same sound effects.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Maybe it might reappear in a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake that seems to be happening (maybe, but I presume so).

Oh dear. Typo! I mean, notice that many games have the same sound effects.

Yes, but this isn't a sound effect. It's a music track.

If there will be a remake of G/S/C, I hope they keep that there.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • Waker of Chaos said:
    Ho-Oh understands that humans aren't beyond redemption

you know that the Unown come from an alternate dimension... Perhaps the same dimension Giratina hails from?

hmm maybee Ho-Oh sent the unkown to protect Giratina's demention from the humans??? that would explain them attacking Ash and Co. when they were sent into the alternate dimension....

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • hmm maybee Ho-Oh sent the unkown to protect Giratina's demention from the humans??? that would explain them attacking Ash and Co. when they were sent into the alternate dimension....

Since when did Ash and company go into this alternate dimension? If this is from the anime, I'd like a link to the episode itself (and either English spoken or English subtitles).

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • huh sent to another dimension?

im just getting more and more confused :(

THEN GET OUT!!!!

I'm kidding. Basically, there are three spatial dimensions, which can be thought of as parallel universes, but aren't really. It's like the Shadow Realm in Yu-Gi-Oh!, or the Twilight Realm and Hyrule: Two worlds that coexist. In Pokémon's case, three worlds.

First, there's the dimension in which Palkia and Dialga fight in Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai. This is also the dimension in which Arceus sleeps.

Second, there's the dimension that the Unown come from. This dimension or the one mentioned above, or possibly another dimension we've yet to come across, is where Giratina guards the dead.

Then there's us in the "real world".

Years
  • THEN GET OUT!!!!

I'm kidding. Basically, there are three spatial dimensions, which can be thought of as parallel universes, but aren't really. It's like the Shadow Realm in Yu-Gi-Oh!, or the Twilight Realm and Hyrule: Two worlds that coexist. In Pokémon's case, three worlds.

First, there's the dimension in which Palkia and Dialga fight in Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai. This is also the dimension in which Arceus sleeps.

Second, there's the dimension that the Unown come from. This dimension or the one mentioned above, or possibly another dimension we've yet to come across, is where Giratina guards the dead.

Then there's us in the "real world".

oh now i get it thanks fot that :) Giratina's world is the one i want to find out about also good luck on finding out more about Heatran

Years
  • With the Arceus being the god off all Pokémon should that mean he should be National Dex Entry No.001 instead of Bulbasaur because god is allways said to the first one and the National Dex is a encyclopedia of all Pokémon so does that mean Bulbasaur was the first discovered Pokémon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back