• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah, the plates for the ??? Type and one for the blank type.

I have no idea why there is the blank type, it may just be filled in their for glitch protection reasons

Erm yeah, he just said that...
    And there is a blank type because some things just aren't definable. For examle; the tomato. In Britain, it is classified as a fruit because it has seeds. In America, it is a vegitable because its not used in a desert.
    Thay're a strange lot lol.

Woop 400th post :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Oh yeah we all forgot about the normal type, but then again is the normal type blank? As the name suggests, there's nothing really abnormal about them, they are lacking in generic elemental power and are generally only seen as quite mundane animals.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Well seeing as this plate is non-existant we can call it what we like :)
    Here's one for you all: Are the latis in any way significant, or are they just plain rare?

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Well seeing as this plate is non-existant we can call it what we like :)
    Here's one for you all: Are the latis in any way significant, or are they just plain rare?

That depends. Do you live in Altomare?

Yes: They are significant, being the guardians of this area. Be thankful!

No: Nah, they're just rare and powerful.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Altomare? where's that?
    And on a completely random side-not, I just put a maxed strength mewtwo's psychic against a no defence caterpie into a damage calculator, it came out a minimum 34,736% damage, Im so easily amused :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Oh right, anime :l
    This debate's already been had, so lets stay away from it.
    Plus, I have no way of getting to the movies.
    Does it give an insight into the soul dew though? Ive always wanted to know what it is.
    On another side note, a level 10 blissey's rock smash cannot harm a lvl 100 lugia :)

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Oh right, anime :l
    This debate's already been had, so lets stay away from it.

Indeed. And yet...

Does it give an insight into the soul dew though? Ive always wanted to know what it is.

...you ask if the movie gave any information on the Soul Dew? Looks like your side of the "anime is inaccurate" debate just fell out the window.

Anyway, the Soul Dew is a gem that contains the spirit energy of (in the movie) a Latios. It thus radiates an energy signature into a Latios or Latias holding it, increasing his or her power. I believe that, since there are multiple Soul Dews in the games, each contains the spirit energy of a Latios or Latias.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If you look back at my argument, I disaggree with the anime where it contradicts the games. Since there is no info about soul dew anywhere else, ill believe the anime without any qualms.

Im tired, nighty nite :)

Years
    SHORT SUMMARY IN BOLD AT BOTTOM, BECAUSE THE MAIN PART IS DAMN HARD TO READ!
    Well, with what Waker has found out from Heatran, I've developed a theory. It's envolving Johto and Sinnoh. Arceus created Dialga and Palkia and Celebi to control space and time, the Sinnoh trio for emotions, and Groundon and Kyogre to form the lands, while Regigigas pulled them together. There, Mew was created as a basic form of life. It was far to advanced, and the legendarys could not capture it. Mew ended up weakening itself to create Ho-oh and Lugia. Lugia lived underwater for millions of years, while Ho-oh lived over the land. Ho-oh created Entei, guardian of fire, Suicune, guardian of water, and Raikou, the guardian of thunder AFTER the three "unknown" fire, water, and thunder trio (obviously Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon) perished in a fire created by lightning. Humans soon became civilized, and made Johto. The other reigons slowly devolped, too. The three legendary dogs created:
    Entei- Moltres, Heatran.
    Suicune- Articuno.
    Raikou- Zapdos.
    The three birds fled to the orange islands, and became puppets of the land to Lugia, who later nested in the Whirl Islands.
    Whenever Entei barks, Heatran becomes active. Entei will only bark if there is a disturbance in Sinnoh.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Well, with what Waker has found out from Heatran, I've developed a theory. It's envolving Johto and Sinnoh. Arceus created Dialga and Palkia and Celebi to control space and time, the Sinnoh trio for emotions, and Groundon and Kyogre to form the lands, while Regigigas pulled them together. There, Mew was created as a basic form of life. It was far to advanced, and the legendarys could not capture it. Mew ended up weakening itself to create Ho-oh and Lugia. Lugia lived underwater for millions of years, while Ho-oh lived over the land. Ho-oh created Entei, guardian of fire, Suicune, guardian of water, and Raikou, the guardian of thunder AFTER the three "unknown" fire, water, and thunder trio (obviously Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon) perished in a fire created by lightning. Humans soon became civilized, and made Johto. The other reigons slowly devolped, too. The three legendary dogs created:
    Entei- Moltres, Heatran.
    Suicune- Articuno.
    Raikou- Zapdos.
    The three birds fled to the orange islands, and became puppets of the land to Lugia, who later nested in the Whirl Islands.
    Whenever Entei barks, Heatran becomes active. Entei will only bark if there is a disturbance in Sinnoh.

Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon never lived in the Brass Tower. Arceus did not create Celebi, nor does Celebi have any governing power over time. Arceus created only Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf after creating Dialga and Palkia, and only created those five total. None of the other Pokémon mentioned in your post were created by another, but rather they all descended from Mew through evolution. Also, Mew was never weakened, nor are any Pokémon puppets of others.

Please read my posts more thoroughly in the future...

Years
    Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon never lived in the Brass Tower. Arceus did not create Celebi, nor does Celebi have any governing power over time. Arceus created only Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf after creating Dialga and Palkia, and only created those five total. None of the other Pokémon mentioned in your post were created by another, but rather they all descended from Mew through evolution. Also, Mew was never weakened, nor are any Pokémon puppets of others.

Please read my posts more thoroughly in the future...

Eh, I don't really care though. It's still only a game. :p

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Are you all really that desperate to know the back history of "pogeymans" that you have to "pressume" and try to 'own' the whole story without knowing the whole story?

I understand, for the battle reasons... Questioning the legendaries. Yes certain legendaries I feel are underpowered, due to the role they supposedly play in the creation of the pokemon universe.
    For battle though, isn't it quite fortunate that even a well trained common pokemon can beat down a legendary... I feel this is where practicality beats common sense and supposed storyline.

1) It's "Pokémon", not "pogeymans". Learn how to spell.

2) It's not desperation. It's a lot like treasure hunting; we do it because the history of Pokémon is interesting.

3) Not all legendary Pokémon created something/someone. Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are judges, for example. They don't have to be "uber". And naturally, a well-trained Pokémon will do well against any wild Pokémon, even a legendary one. But if that legendary Pokémon were also well-trained, you'd have much harder a time.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Well, with what Waker has found out from Heatran, I've developed a theory. It's envolving Johto and Sinnoh. Arceus created Dialga and Palkia and Celebi to control space and time,
    Where did you get celebi from? Celebi is a time traveller, he doesnt have control over it.
    the Sinnoh trio for emotions, and Groundon and Kyogre to form the lands, while Regigigas pulled them together. There, Mew was created as a basic form of life. It was far to advanced, and the legendarys could not capture it.
    Why would they want to capture mew? That makes no sense whatsoever
    Mew ended up weakening itself to create Ho-oh and Lugia.
    Why would mew create them? There is no connection.
    Lugia lived underwater for millions of years, while Ho-oh lived over the land. Ho-oh created Entei, guardian of fire, Suicune, guardian of water, and Raikou,
    Nope he was their guardian, not their creator.
    the guardian of thunder AFTER the three "unknown" fire, water, and thunder trio (obviously Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon) perished in a fire created by lightning.
    WTF? Where the hell did you pull the eeveelutions out from? The same place that mew was being chased by legendries? Are you playing the same game as us?
    Humans soon became civilized, and made Johto. The other reigons slowly devolped, too. The three legendary dogs created:
    Entei- Moltres, Heatran.
    Suicune- Articuno.
    Raikou- Zapdos.
    Again, where did you pull that out of? The bird idea is debatable but heatran?
    Nooo, lugia was their guardian.
    Again, there is no connection.
    That had to be the least thought out theory ive seen in a while. Especially the eeveelutions.

No offense, but it's also a manga, TV show, and a card game.
    ;)

Manga+TV show= Anime= Bad
    Give me a single example of when the card game has helped where nothing else can. Seriously, Ill give you all my shinies if you can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back