• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    The new form is indeed Giratina for thats what the news said. I think this gives more insight on the purpose of Giratina though

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Commander: I wasnt taking offence, its just ive been with this thread for months now and ive had millions of people going "I fink seleby iz da gardiun ov da forest" I say why? they say "Cuz he iz gras tipe"

Grrrrr
    Lovin the sheogorath pic btw

And sushi; i wasnt aware that it had been published that it was a new form of giratina, i heard it was an un-named piece of artwork.
    And yes i hope for any insight into its actual purpose.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I love the form of me being him :P Whats your level?

Yeah sorry i just get aggravated after posting most of the well argued theories then getting ignorant people posting completely ungrounded views. Celbi hits a hot spot lol

Shushi: I have no idea :P I'll wait for the movie cuz as far as im concerned there is not enough info on giratina for anyone to form a sound theory.

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
    I hope that they're linked. They could bring out a game where it's in the time when all the universe is been created and stuff, and you have to sort of do stuff? I don't know, but I'd love to see some kind of story.

I believe that...

Arceus is the god of everything. With his "a thousand arms" he creates Dialga and Palkia who create space and time together. Arceus then creates Groudon & Kyogre who create a planet (It's not confirmed to be Earth yet is it?). Arceus then creates Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf to control Dialga & Palkia, as they begin to get out of hand.

Now he brings in all the other main ones: Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Jirachi, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios, Regigigas, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Shaymin, Manaphy, Darkrai, Mew, Cresselia and Heatran (Have I missed any?). That's a lot of pokemon! Anyway, they get to work on the planet making it all nice and ready for life and so forth. Arceus continues to create pokemon and all other life and stuff...

Giratina is seperate from the rest. I believe that he is in some sort of parallel universe all alone, and that he has no origin like Arceus. Who knows? Maybe they'll bring out a whole new pokemon series in Giratina's unverse?

Anyway, it may all sound stupid, but hey I think it all "fits". =D

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ooh a long one to rate with my wealth of knowledge :P

I hope that they're linked.
    Who?
    They could bring out a game where it's in the time when all the universe is been created and stuff, and you have to sort of do stuff? I don't know, but I'd love to see some kind of story.
    Hmmm, sounds like simcity kinda thing. Or this which WILL be the best PC game everrr
    https://www.spore.com/

I believe that...

Arceus is the god of everything. With his "a thousand arms" he creates Dialga and Palkia who create space and time together.
    Yep, that be right
    Arceus then creates Groudon & Kyogre who create a planet
    No arceus created earth and put them on it. Otherwise they'd have been floating round space:P
    (It's not confirmed to be Earth yet is it?).
    It kinda goes without saying, it is technically impossible for any alien species to follow the exact evolutionary journey as humanity.
    Arceus then creates Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf to control Dialga & Palkia, as they begin to get out of hand.
    Here's my problem; Their primary purpose was to educate people. I have no idea why arceus put them in charge of the immense beings
    Now he brings in all the other main ones: Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Jirachi, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios, Regigigas, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Shaymin, Manaphy, Darkrai, Mew, Cresselia and Heatran (Have I missed any?). That's a lot of pokemon! Anyway, they get to work on the planet making it all nice and ready for life and so forth. Arceus continues to create pokemon and all other life and stuff...
    Yah, each play their roles. Apart from the 3birds/dogs/regis, who are apparently without purpose, and just have a manner of control. The common conclusion is that they are just powerful creatures close to extinction.
    Giratina is seperate from the rest. I believe that he is in some sort of parallel universe all alone, and that he has no origin like Arceus.
    Nope they are connected, if only we knew how. He is designated the renegade, which is a synonym (Synonym?) of outsider
    Who knows? Maybe they'll bring out a whole new pokemon series in Giratina's unverse?
    Na, that would be weird lol. Keep expanding on current one first, then give us a wii extravaganza where we can explore the entire world (<<<My dream lol)
    That mostly makes sense, most of that was established long ago. But go you for making sense :)

EDIT: Commander- Im am the sadness, i be 51 :P

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Im there :)
    New question
    Urm.....
    Aha! what about the legendry trios (Gen 1-3) What are their purposes??

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Legendary trios to me are just a continuation from moltres and the rest. They aer irrelevant for they dont have the same impact as the first trio

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    The way I see it, the Pokemon world was formed in what I call a "Line of Creation". Which is actually a pretty ridiculous title, since it consists of many lines, but that's what's stuck in my head.
    I think you need to look at (like Dark Jay kinda did), the line of events that had to take place in terms of physical possibility. I've tried to work it out, and the most I can come up with is this:

Step 1: The Creation of the Creator. Arceus is born, as the legends say, from an egg in the midst of an endless void. Pretty boring, right? Which leads us on to...
    Step 2: Space and Time. You can't have anything in a physical world without the four dimensions, so this is the obvious next step, falling in the care of Diagla and Palkia.
    Step 3: Land and Water. This is a tricky phase, since (assuming the laws of physics apply at this point), it is difficult to look at from a scientific point of view. But it has to come before anything else can, so we'll just leave it at Kyogre and Groudon, and their ability to control the elements needed to create water and land.
    Step 4: Plants, Animals and Pokemon. There's been a lot of debate about this phase. First of all, would the "creator" of plant life be Celebi, or Shaymin? Personally I like to think of Shaymin as the "detox" for the earth, but it's open for arguement. Second, some people argue that Mew is the ultimate creator rather than Arceus. I don't think this is true for two main reasons: Arceus is specifically labeled the creation pokemon, and Mew fits in so well with this "Line of Creation". After time, space, land, and water are created, all that's left is to add life. Mew is said to have the DNA of all pokemon-- this, to me, is the merging of myth and science, where Mew, created by Arceus as the orignal living pokemon, went on to evolve into all the other pokemon.

Does that all make sense? I have to log off in a hurry now, but I'll get on tomorrow to clean things up and add some more.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    The way I see it, the Pokemon world was formed in what I call a "Line of Creation". Which is actually a pretty ridiculous title, since it consists of many lines, but that's what's stuck in my head.
    I think you need to look at (like Dark Jay kinda did), the line of events that had to take place in terms of physical possibility. I've tried to work it out, and the most I can come up with is this:

Step 1: The Creation of the Creator. Arceus is born, as the legends say, from an egg in the midst of an endless void. Pretty boring, right? Which leads us on to...
    Step 2: Space and Time. You can't have anything in a physical world without the four dimensions, so this is the obvious next step, falling in the care of Diagla and Palkia.
    Step 3: Land and Water. This is a tricky phase, since (assuming the laws of physics apply at this point), it is difficult to look at from a scientific point of view. But it has to come before anything else can, so we'll just leave it at Kyogre and Groudon, and their ability to control the elements needed to create water and land.
    Step 4: Plants, Animals and Pokemon. There's been a lot of debate about this phase. First of all, would the "creator" of plant life be Celebi, or Shaymin? Personally I like to think of Shaymin as the "detox" for the earth, but it's open for arguement. Second, some people argue that Mew is the ultimate creator rather than Arceus. I don't think this is true for two main reasons: Arceus is specifically labeled the creation pokemon, and Mew fits in so well with this "Line of Creation". After time, space, land, and water are created, all that's left is to add life. Mew is said to have the DNA of all pokemon-- this, to me, is the merging of myth and science, where Mew, created by Arceus as the orignal living pokemon, went on to evolve into all the other pokemon.

Does that all make sense? I have to log off in a hurry now, but I'll get on tomorrow to clean things up and add some more.

that makes perfect sense. combine it with my avatars theory (it's on this thread somewhere, and answers the question as to why the god pokemon can be captured by mere mortals) and you've got some serious stuff to say to the nonbelievers.

EDIT: i actually found a purpose for celebi! yays!

shaymin can have the plants, celebi works sort of like a special police force for dialga. Patrolling time and making sure everything's ok. Puts celebi on a higher spot, too, which i like (because, as i've said, shaymin really annoys me) not to mention it would be an awesome job to have.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually, thats the theory this thread's gone by for months. All that was decided ages ago. Im not criticising it, im just saying the basic story of creation has been decided and its the vague stuff that needs answering, cuz thats the interesting bit :)

pokemonron2

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    I hope that they're linked. They could bring out a game where it's in the time when all the universe is been created and stuff, and you have to sort of do stuff? I don't know, but I'd love to see some kind of story.

I believe that...

Arceus is the god of everything. With his "a thousand arms" he creates Dialga and Palkia who create space and time together. Arceus then creates Groudon & Kyogre who create a planet (It's not confirmed to be Earth yet is it?). Arceus then creates Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf to control Dialga & Palkia, as they begin to get out of hand.

Giratina is seperate from the rest. I believe that he is in some sort of parallel universe all alone, and that he has no origin like Arceus. Who knows? Maybe they'll bring out a whole new pokemon series in Giratina's unverse?

i think ur exactly right and no i dont think you missed anything

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Ok to clear up some of the problems with Giratina. The origin form can be seen on this page: https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml. The one on the movie poster is not the origin form. It may be a different form that has yet to be revealed.

About the legendary trios I think that birds and beasts are simply rare pokemon that share a common ancestor. They have then adapted to suit their enviroment. (Think lemurs on Madagascar)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pokemonron: Yeah, thats already been said by 2 of us...
    Minos: I forgot its been called the origin form. And thanx for the madagascar example, i couldnt think of anything to relate it to :)

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Gofre- Heh, yeah, from the pages I read back in this thread, it seems to be the general theme of discussion. I just wanted to put it the way I always thought of it, since sometimes new perspectives can bring new theories when someone reads them. ;]

About Giratina and his new form, it's an exciting new mystery.
    Think about this for a second: It's called his "origin" form, right? I know this is a totally crazy theory, but what if Arceus created Giratina first, before Palkia and Diagla? Also, even though Giratina looks to be the third dragon in a legendary trio, what if it is actually a parallel to Arceus himself, in a way? Like, maybe Arceus created Giratina for the original "Space and Time" stage, but something messed up and Giratina turned on it. So, to keep Giratina from causing trouble when he rebuilt the new space-time system, he put him in his own dimension parallel to the pokemon world-- possibly the one where people and pokemon go when they die, since I've heard Giratina is a representation of death.
    I dunno... I just thought that was interesting to think about. It would explain why Giratina has two forms-- the form he had when he was first created, and the form he takes we he appears back in the physical world.
    Or I could be out of my mind. xD

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Bumpedy Bump Bump

A new pressing matter has reached me; What is soul dew? Why do the latis need it for power?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back