• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lessons You've Learned From Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
    I learned that you should never give up on your dreams. :)
    Ah, you broke the not serious string. Well, here I go.
    When you hear about something legendary, they are the most powerful things ever. When you encounter them, they are as weak as a pinky toe.

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I've learned that the past 'god' pokemon is eventually overshadowed by the 'new' god pokemon, because Gamefreak can't make up their mind on who should be the ruler. : / Also learned that anyone who is against the main hero is obviously a bad guy and free will is forbidden.

Person Number 3

Unrecognized as of now.
    Years
    I learned that little 2-inch balls can hold whales! Game Freak tought me well!

I learned that adults from evil organisations never fight you themselves, or harm you! You both just use your little animal slaves!

I learned that monkeys are pyrotechnic! Be very afraid!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    that's pyromaniacal.

I also learned that disguising yourself as a rock is very hard to do. Thanks, Mr. Looker! :D

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    I learned that if you don't treat those cute things or even those big things nicely, you'll end up in a hospital with a bill of $5,000,000,000 dollars... :)

But, the moral i learned, is to treat your partners and friends nicely...

Love your neighbors as you love yourself! :)

P.S. xD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I learned that cooperation and unity are essential to challenges you face. Treat your pet nicely, then you'll be rewarded.

On the other hand, I learned that you can be fried a lot of times without killing yourself. >.>

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Pokemon Red actually taught me that water was a great conductor of electriciy.
    That got me into science and now I love the stuff. Basically it changed my life.

Also, that no food is needed to survive. EVER.
    And birds don't eat bugs or berries, but potions and vending machine drinks.

Edit:

i learned that when u dig, u actually fly up oO

lol, i got that XD

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Well.... I learned that **** fighting is highly illegal... Well actually I didn't learn that with Pokemon ... Pokemon is more like why I experimented with it :D! Oh and I learned that Daycare is a lot more complicated than I thought.... Farfetched+Rhyhorn=Rhyhorn?

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    @ Cherii: Option #2.

...I meant in my sig. <<

I learned that even though you don't need to eat, guards get thirsty.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    I learned that if something starts out cute, it's going to end up as a totally awesome tool of destruction that could win a fight against Chuck Norris. And Bruce Lee. And Chuck Lee. And Bruce Norris.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    ive learned that people stay up all night, every night and only ever speak to one person.

That gods can be tamed and controlled by a ten year old.

That powerful and evil organisations can be overthrown by a pre-teen.

tham many more trainers than everyone though have terrible eyesight.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    That onions can time travel *cough*Celebi*cough*. :P
    Oh, and you can keep a Groudon in a small PokeBall or Apricorn. Who knew? XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Oh, you had to make this topic... Alrighty. Let's begin. I'll start with some RPG cliches that work in Pokemon.

Get up, Kid!

Trainers often begin the first day of their career by oversleeping, being woken up by their mother, and being reminded that they slept so late that they missed the meeting with the Professor.

He's Proud? But Daddy Is... Where Is He?

Most Trainers only have a mother and no father, either because they walked out on their nagging mother or because they went crazy from flashbacks of their Pokemon adventure and took their own life.

Professor Forestman

All Professors are named after trees. If there is ever a Trainer with a last name that is a tree, then he or she must at some point become a Professor.

Logan's Run -5

At exactly the age of 10, every child is required by law to receive a possibly feral pet and take a journey out into a dangerous world filled with wild, lethal, and often rabid creatures in order to prove themselves as adults. Fortunately...

That Episode of House With the Chicken

Trainers don't have to fight said creatures themselves. They can let their pets do all the fighting for them. After all, better them than us. Unfortunately...

The Inexperienced Professional

Regardless of how good Trainers get at raising Pokemon, they will never gain a single level.

The Compulsories

Fire, Water, and Grass are always encountered, and almost immediately. But Steel, Dragon and Fighting aren't encountered right away. That would just be silly.

Crono's Complaint

The less the Trainer talks, the more words are put into his mouth, and therefore the more trouble he must get into through no fault of his own.

If It's Not Nailed Down... (Kender Rule)

All Trainers are professional thieves. They can walk into just about anybody's house like the door wasn't even locked. They just barge right in and start looking for stuff. Anything they can find that's not nailed down is theirs to keep. Trainers will often walk into perfect strangers' houses, lift their precious artifacts, and then chat with them like they were old neighbors right before heading back out with the poor guy's family heirlooms under their arm. Unfortunately, this never works in stores...

Dimensional Transcendence Principle

Buildings are much, much larger on the inside than on the outside, and that doesn't even count the secret maze of tunnels in the basement.

Meowth, Whatsit?

If you ever encounter a cat with a Brooklyn accent, chances are you'll have to see it at least ten more times over the next month.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I learned that you can eat or drink every few days and never go to the bathroom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back