• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's talk about Gym leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i tihnk we should have this:

Ghost
    Fire
    Water
    Grass
    Dragon
    Dark
    Mixed
    Mixed

------
    Also no gym puzzles, just fill it up with trainers you have to fight :P
    i personally want the gym leaders, and e4 to be involved more into the storyline
    i loved platinum for that :3 (platinum is only 2nd to Johto Region Games :P )

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • I would have to agree would a lot of people and say a dark type gym because it's the only type we haven't seen so far.

Karen of the Johto E4 uses dark types but she doesn't count because she's not a gym leader.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Perhaps this:

Rock (it's tradition, that makes it OK)
    Bug
    Poison
    Dark
    Ground
    Electric (with a female Gym Leader this time)
    Ghost
    Dragon

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • One thing I dislike about how gyms are set up is in many towns, you could just roll up, kick gym butt, and roll out, spare maybe a small encounter. In every city, there needs to be some sort of dilemma solved before you can fight the gym leader in every town. In most cases, the problem should involve said leader, thus adding at least a bit more involvement with their characters. Say the gym leader wants to quit, and refuses to go back into his gym. Say another hhas been kidnapped, or missing for the past few days. I think if Team Generic has some kind of plot involving gym leaders, that could also help keep them out of their gyms. And face it, it doesn't quite stack up that Team Generic isn't scared of the all mighty gym leaders busting their balls, and likewise the gym leaders stay out of Team Generic's affairs.

Sacr3d Fire

Rock the house with fire
    Years
  • I think gyms will be the same like in the other games but i agree with the idea of dark gym,they never made one before and a dragon gym will be awsome.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I would like to see this combo:

1. Psychic (Pokémon like Raltz, Drowzee, Starmie)
    2. Poison (Pokémon like Venonat, Nidorino, Nidorina, Nidoking)
    3. Fire (Pokémon like Growlithe, Houndour, Magmar, Houndoom)
    4. Dark (Pokémon like Murkrow, Sabeleye, Honchkrow, Absol)
    5. Bug (Pinsir, Scyther, Beedrill, Venemoth, Scizor)
    6. Ground (Sandslash, Claydol, Donphan, Flygon)
    7. Flying (Dodrio, Jumpluff, Drifblim, Gliscor, Gyarados)
    8. Normal (Ambipom, Togekiss, Snorlax, Swellow ,Slaking, Porygon-Z
    With an Elite Four of:

1. Rock (Cradilly, Armaldo, Aerodactly, Rampardos, Kabutops)
    2. Grass (Parasect, Tropius,Exeggutor, Ludicolo, Shiftry)
    3. Water (Tentacruel, Crawdaunt, Gastrodon, Poliwrath, Kingdra)
    4. Electric (Electrode, Lanturn, Magnezone, Jolteon, Electivire)

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well I do believe that gym leaders are supposed to protect their cities, I just want them to play a major role in the story (besides just defeating them)

Love that idea! It would have made perfect sense use this scenario in gen 4. Like each city with a gym had a piece of the Adamant/Lustrous orbs and once you've collected all it should have led to fighting Team Galactic for the orb, them getting away, blah blah blah you know the rest.

Wonder how they could implement that in b&w but I'm sure they'd find a way.

Anyways, the gym leaders I think should be in this order:

Normal or Normal/Fighting
    ----Pkmn: Bidoof, Tyrogue, two gen 5 normals
    Electric
    ----Pkmn: Gen 5 electrics, maybe a luxio or pikachu
    Steel
    ----Pkmn: Scizor, two gen 5 steel types, skarmory or metang
    Psychic
    ---Pkmn: Raltz! or Espeon, the rest gen 5
    Fire
    ---Pkmn: ALL GEN 5 FIRE TYPES, so at least 3
    Water
    ---Pkmn: Gen 5 water types, maybe a wailmer added in too cuz I love 'em
    Dragon
    ---Pkmn: Garchomp or Flygon, gen 5 dragons
    Dark
    ---Pkmn: Zoroark, Absol, Honchcrow, 2 other gen 5 dark types

. Rock has been the first gym for too many gens, and honestly I feel that having rock be 3rd would mean stronger rock types and not just make rock gyms known as the 'easy ones' anymore. We haven't had psychic since what Kanto (if I'm right) so it should be brought back. Fire deserves to be strong, but at the same time I'm not in favor of make it one of the last 3. I added water because more than likely there will be a ton of new water types, and they're like a cornerstone of pokemon games so not having a water gym wouldn't make since. Dark should be last to show its true power and Dragon 7th.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • We need a good Dark Type Gym. That would be lovely; I could see the gym leader using Zorua or Zoroark. Heh heh heh. [/devious]

I would also love a nice normal type gym ... a powerful one, because normal types are fun to go against. They have a lot of health and strategies that lend a good challenge.

Another fighting gym would be nice ... but a thing they need to update is the puzzles in the gyms to get to the gym leaders / advance further into the gym. Fantina's gym had the right idea, but they were too easy. An actual challenging puzzle would be awesome.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm hoping for a tough first and last leader. The last installment of the Pokemon franchise disappointed me with their last choices for levels and Pokemon for the party, ect. I honestly wouldn't mind a challenge.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to this:

1st: grass - root badge
    2nd: water - whirl badge
    3rd: electric - lightning badge
    4th: poison - fog badge
    5th: ice - icy-eye badge
    6th: psychic - sound badge
    7th: dragon - tornado badge
    8th: fire - firesoul badge

:P

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Gym Types You Expect to See in Pokemon Black & White?

Assuming there are 8 gyms in this region, as with the past, what 8 types do you expect to be found within the Isshu region? (Didn't see a thread on this)

I expect a rock-type gym, since it has been in the past three of four regions. I also expect a dark-type gym, considering there hasn't been one as of yet.

So, what types are you expecting? How about with the Elite Four and Champion?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Dark type since we've yet to have one and it's the only type that doesn't have it's own gym.

Maybe Psychic and Flying too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, for Four Generations now, we haven't yet seen a Dark type gym and I think it's about time we do see one, i'd also like to see a flying type gym.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Poison, maybe. We haven't had one of those in a while. =S

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Kanto's gym leader Koga or something like that

Status