• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I can only try and understand how hard it must be. I'm gay, I never had to go through the social traumas of liking the opposite sex. D:

It's not easy. You have to put up with periods, mood swings, other guys getting in on your action etc etc, and then there's the rejection, the social expectations and the abuse you recieve from other straight males!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It's not easy. You have to put up with periods, mood swings, other guys getting in on your action etc etc, and then there's the rejection, the social expectations and the abuse you recieve from other straight males!
    Oh dear! I am so sorry you have to put up with all that!

Good thing you always choose to be straight, of course.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Oh dear! I am so sorry you have to put up with all that!

Good thing you always choose to be straight, of course.

It's not that easy :( I was born like it. What most people fail to realise is I'm just like homosexuels only I like the opposite gender.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I love how when a group of people get together and start to form bonds and share things and generally enjoy each other's company there will always be someone who doesn't even want to be part of that and wouldn't enjoy it anyway but still feels the need to get indignant about it.

@Feign: Let us know how that works out. (I might consider something similar in the future.)

So apparantly changing your info, only changes your own news feed, so in the event someone does notice, it would be because they were looking at my profile, and see it there by accident. I doubt peopel I've already added would look at the info, so not much will change.

The only way otherwise would be to post it as a status update.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    It's nothing new that bigots want to squash any representation of sexuality. DON'T ASK-- DON'T TELL!! A real American motto.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    It's nothing new that bigots want to squash any representation of sexuality. DON'T ASK-- DON'T TELL!! A real American motto.

Even though bigots are complete ignorant trash of the earth, I believe "Don't Ask, don't tell" refers to the Army. It's a policy put in place mainly because the people there are meant to be soldiers, and the same genders share the same spaces and get very close and personal with each other; and they higher-ups really don't want to deal with any paperwork or drama that goes into any conflicts.

Bigots are much worse than "don't ask, don't tell."

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Even though bigots are complete ignorant trash of the earth, I believe "Don't Ask, don't tell" refers to the Army. It's a policy put in place mainly because the people there are meant to be soldiers, and the same genders share the same spaces and get very close and personal with each other; and they higher-ups really don't want to deal with any paperwork or drama that goes into any conflicts.

DADT is part of the bigotry of this country and blatant discrimination against homosexuals, a policy which you obviously advocate for in general society as well. I get the definite vibe that you're not comfortable with your own sexuality and are either gay or bi and playing devil's advocate or you have a curiosity towards men which you find inappropriate.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I get the definite vibe that you're not comfortable with your own sexuality and are either gay or bi and playing devil's advocate or you have a curiosity towards men which you find inappropriate.
    or i think you're being too hard-headed to grasp icesage's point, you're being hypercritical without basis to structure your opinion of this person, which is exactly the thing you're disputing.

i think too big of a deal is being made by both sides of the spectrum. i know homosexuals whose lives revolve around their sexuality, won't talk about anything but their relations and they aren't open to friendships with the opposite sex and they go on to join groups because they're ~oH sO aLoNe~ when they're really not. this isn't all homosexuals, i realize homosexuality isn't a choice, and discrimination against anyone for their natural preferences is against my ethical standards and i'll happily stand up for everyone's civil rights. i'm all for groups for people who seriously are alone and struggling, but i'm not exactly supportive of groups that are so focused on making a statement that bigotry starts to become expressed.

to answer the op i have my own perspective on sexuality, but when i cbf to explain it (e.g. now) i call myself straight.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Im straight but I have loads of bi and gay friends . It doesnt bother me at all unless a guy is mad flirty with me or something xD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

I get the definite vibe that you're not comfortable with your own sexuality and are either gay or bi and playing devil's advocate or you have a curiosity towards men which you find inappropriate.

I get a definite vibe that because you can't debunk what IceSage has said and because no one is buying it when others twist his words that to avoid having to admit he has a good point you try and make him out to be insecure and trying to deny what he is. Trying to cheapen ones argument by using homosexuality? That's really low man.

Years

I'm trying to come up with a good Village People joke, but so far I got nothing.

Even military leaders think DADT is a bad idea now. And it was a dumb idea to start with, based a lot on fear and stereotypes. Soldiers are trained to be all disciplined and stuff and anyone who's going to have a "gay panic" attack because they share the same space as someone who's openly gay shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns in the first place.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years

DADT is part of the bigotry of this country and blatant discrimination against homosexuals, a policy which you obviously advocate for in general society as well.

You obviously haven't been reading my posts, have you? I know they're long, and I'm sorry if you can't read long posts... But, you obviously haven't read a word I've been saying for the past few posts, have you? You show me where I say I advocate this... Especially when my last post made it clear that people who think this are the trash of the Earth.

Do me a favor, go back, read my posts in detail. I'm sorry if I type too much, and you have the need to skip over everything, but if that's honestly what you think, you haven't been reading anything. It's actually the COMPLETE opposite, and if you read anything instead of jumping to conclusions, you'd know that.

I get the definite vibe that you're not comfortable with your own sexuality

I'm perfectly comfortable with my sexuality, and that's been the point of ALL of my posts. That's the point I'm making. People SHOULD be comfortable with their sexuality, no matter what their sexual orientation is. I'm saying that when people feel the need to shout, post, or be defensive about their sexuality, they obviously seem to be uncomfortable with it.

and are either gay or bi and playing devil's advocate or you have a curiosity towards men which you find inappropriate.

I don't find my curiosity for men, (in the rare case I'm curious about a male) inappropriate at all. =P

I'm trying to come up with a good Village People joke, but so far I got nothing.

Even military leaders think DADT is a bad idea now. And it was a dumb idea to start with, based a lot on fear and stereotypes. Soldiers are trained to be all disciplined and stuff and anyone who's going to have a "gay panic" attack because they share the same space as someone who's openly gay shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns in the first place.

That's exactly true. It also has to do with the fact that they think out in the field, same sexes will be attracted to each other and lose focus in critical moments.

I can't remember what comedian said this... I think it was one of my favorite YouTube users, Richard Coughlan, I could be wrong though, but they said something like, "I honestly don't think the last thing 2 gay men are going to think while they're out being shot on the field, with bombs going off and bullets in all directions, is the question of if they should makeout and do each other in the bums or not."

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    People SHOULD be comfortable with their sexuality, no matter what their sexual orientation is. I'm saying that when people feel the need to shout, post, or be defensive about their sexuality, they obviously seem to be uncomfortable with it.

I agree that people should be. Though I'm not 100% sure you mentioned it in your previous posts, but there is in fact situations and people out there, where this makes comfortability much more difficult (basically on the other end of the spectrum as to what you were discussing). But yes, I agree with you that things like "gay pride parades" are a bit excessive.

Flaunting sexuality doesn't really make sense to me though, I mean it's one thing to be proud of who you are, but another to be proud of who you date.

I mean, sexuality does not define humanity...

Years
    I agree with you that things like "gay pride parades" are a bit excessive.
    I don't know about other places, but Gay Pride in San Francisco is just a big tourist attraction (like Mardi Gras) and an excuse for people to get drunk at 3 in the afternoon.

That's what people tell me anyways. I've never actually gone.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    There is nothing wrong with Gay Pride parades. They are meant to be for mature, homosexual audiences. Not young heterosexual ones. If it's a bit excessive it's perfectly fine.

The *real* Gay Pride parades, like the one in DC in November (or was it October) and multiple others do not follow the stereotype that Gay Pride parades have. Most do not have dancing naked men on rainbow floats. Most just have a lot of people holding signs.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    There is nothing wrong with Gay Pride parades. They are meant to be for mature, homosexual audiences. Not young heterosexual ones. If it's a bit excessive it's perfectly fine.

The *real* Gay Pride parades, like the one in DC in November (or was it October) and multiple others do not follow the stereotype that Gay Pride parades have. Most do not have dancing naked men on rainbow floats. Most just have a lot of people holding signs.

I'm agreeing, although I do like the sound of rainbow floats. :)

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010

Me personally, I never understood gay pride.

If I'm proud of something it should be something I have achieved not something I was born with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of being gay, but at the same time I don't get what is so special about it? I mean nobody has a straight pride march.

Yeah I'm gay, but that's not all there is to me. I wouldn't go on a "blue eyes" pride parade, or a "Blood Type A" pride parade, because those are things I was just born with.

I'm proud of the things I have achieved with my brain and my hard work, not of the things I had no hand in like my genetics or biochemistry.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The concept of being prideful of who you were born as only is logical when you are supressed for being who you are. Society says you're a bunch of sinful butt pirates, you say that no matter what people say, you will still have respect in yourself, or be prideful.

That's how I view it.

There is more than one form of pride in my opinion. The pride for who you are, the pride for what you did. Both are seperate in itself.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Me personally, I never understood gay pride.

If I'm proud of something it should be something I have achieved not something I was born with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of being gay, but at the same time I don't get what is so special about it? I mean nobody has a straight pride march.

Yeah I'm gay, but that's not all there is to me. I wouldn't go on a "blue eyes" pride parade, or a "Blood Type A" pride parade, because those are things I was just born with.

I'm proud of the things I have achieved with my brain and my hard work, not of the things I had no hand in like my genetics or biochemistry.

This is what I've being saying about this whole thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back