• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I didn't say it wasn't genetic, just not a disease.

I don't like the idea of homosexuality being genetic or hormones in the womb because that insinuates that is can be corrected or avoided :\/

Years
    I've never officially made up my mind regarding the nature/nurture matter, I lean more towards the latter mind but I can't really say for sure. It's possibly I mixture of the two, maybe people are born more inclined to be straight/bi/gay and the environment sort of influences it to. I'm pretty sure it's not 100% nurture though because I don't see how my upbringing could have effected it at all, was pretty normal and I have always been into more "guy" things.

So we'll all ruled out it being a choice. And we also now agree it's not birth/genetic. So enivorment or the way the child was raised?

When did we agree that? We said it wasn't present in babies for a variety of reasons but that doesn't mean it's not there, it's just suppressed until the person hits puberty.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've never officially made up my mind regarding the nature/nurture matter, I lean more towards the latter mind but I can't really say for sure. It's possibly I mixture of the two, maybe people are born more inclined to be straight/bi/gay and the environment sort of influences it to. I'm pretty sure it's not 100% nurture though because I don't see how my upbringing could have effected it at all, was pretty normal and I have always been into more "guy" things.

I agree that most of the time it's both, however I think it could arise from nurture alone in certain circumstances. Maybe a traumatic event as a child regarding their parents relationship failing, I know quite a few people who put some of the blame on that o.o

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years

I don't like the idea of homosexuality being genetic or hormones in the womb because that insinuates that is can be corrected or avoided :\/

But on the other hand, if it were to be proven as environmental parents and schools and everything would be freaked out about it and try to make every environment as "ungay" as possible.

So maybe it's best, at least until the general public gains a bit of common sense, that we just don't worry about whether it's genetic or environmental. I personally believe it's genetic. I have nothing to back that up, though so I won't argue it. XD

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

... do you understand genetics?

Everything about a person is genetic, from their eye colour to hair colour to skin colour to appearance and personality. So why not sexuality?

Saying that genetic things can be corrected sounds a lot like designer babies. It's like you're saying "That baby's brown hair can be corrected so that it's blonde!"

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ... do you understand genetics?

Everything about a person is genetic, from their eye colour to hair colour to skin colour to appearance and personality. So why not sexuality?

Saying that genetic things can be corrected sounds a lot like designer babies. It's like you're saying "That baby's brown hair can be corrected so that it's blonde!"

Erm yes I understand genetics o.o I am a biology student thanks, did you not read my post on possible genetics of sexuality on the previous page?

That's what I'm saying, if sexuality is purely genetic then people will seek to stop babies having the 'gay gene' to eliminate the chance of their child being gay.

Years
    But on the other hand, if it were to be proven as environmental parents and schools and everything would be freaked out about it and try to make every environment as "ungay" as possible.
    "Ungay" is my new favorite word.

A lot of society needs to be brought into the 21th century because this happens anyway. I cringe to think what the new history books in Texas are going to start teaching kids.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Erm yes I understand genetics o.o I am a biology student thanks, did you not read my post on possible genetics of sexuality on the previous page?

That's what I'm saying, if sexuality is purely genetic then people will seek to stop babies having the 'gay gene' to eliminate the chance of their child being gay.

Alright, sorry. It just sounded a bit like you were stating your opinion rather than what that of other people would be.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Could it just be a personality disorder? People have different personalities and sexuality is a part of that.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Could it just be a personality disorder? People have different personalities and sexuality is a part of that.

Sexuality is more of a baser function. I forget the exact name of it, but the reason why sex is pleasurable to begin with is because it is designed to reinforce that basically reproducing is a good thing for the species.

Chocolate also ignites the same area of the brain.

Animalistic essentially. This doesn't mean that only being straight is good, but rather that the feeling comes with it... *erggh lost my train of thought*

Years
    Only if you consider being straight normal. Being straight is common, but that doesn't make everyone else abnormal, deviant, or dysfunctional. Just uncommon.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I didn't realize how many ignorant people there are on this forum. This worries me greatly.

What I don't understand is if people are born homo, why haven't I seen a homo baby being delivered at any hospitals?
    I lol'd hard.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010

Why do you care anyway?

Besides some people might consider ignorance to be a personality disorder.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Being bipolar is a Personality disorder.
    Being attracted to the same sex, is not.

It's not some sort of horrible mental illness, either.

Why do so many people have such a problem if two dudes like eachother, or two girls?
    It really doesn't make sense.

It's also ridiculous that a homosexuals are seen as sex fiends a lot.
    >.>"
    [/sidenote]

Only if you consider being straight normal. Being straight is common, but that doesn't make everyone else abnormal, deviant, or dysfunctional. Just uncommon.

It's like a Bagon at Meteor Falls. You're more likely to get a Zubat.

Wait, are all Bagon gay?

Last edited:

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    like everything else that makes us up, i think some cases of homosexuality are natural combinations of all the stuff that makes us human

often when everything comes together a hetero is what results but sometimes a homo can pop up too!!

all part of being human, may not be considered the "norm" depending on your definition but eh...it happens

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    The homo-babies thing made me lol hard too. xD

"Why nurse, I declare this baby to be a... A... A homosexual!" Everyone in the delivery faints from shock.

My well-worthy two cents on the subject. :3

I want a gay Bagon...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back