• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    @KingCharizard - Lets go back to your ice cream analogy, as fundamentally flawed as it is it still makes more sense than most of the stuff you're dribbling out. You are born to LIKE ice cream, you CHOOSE to eat it. You are born LIKING the same sex, you CHOOSE to act on that. Simple as. Now I don't know you, but lets just think of a food you don't like, for this example let's use sprouts, if you like sprouts pretend I'm saying something else. Now, did you choose not to like sprouts? No. You choose not to eat them because you don't like them. Yes? Yes. By this point you're probably still just as convinced you're right and we're wrong but I pose a challenge to you, just change your mind, you like sprouts now. Eat them every day because you can change what you like at will, can't you?

@Freakylocz - So what prey tell would a "homo baby" do different from a normal baby? Do you put the dummy somewhere other than their mouth to stop them crying? Would they refuse to be breast fed? Would they start giving the mid-wife fashion tips?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    ... And once again, Sneeze has made my day.

Seriously, KingCharizard, I've just read through all your posts and caught up with the convo, but you need to start seeing sense. Stop throwing random, slightly-partially-connected, flawed theories at us and start to actually read what has been said in reply.

Oh, and calling bisexuals confused? I resent that. I am definitely not confused. I know for sure that I like both genders.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I respect gay people, I feel they are mistreated because they are different and people dont like different... So they pick on them, Dont wanna be picked on chose to be strait.
    You can't choose to not do something just because you may be getting picked on for it. That would essentially make you a sheep. I'd rather be alone but be myself than feel the need to change for anybody else. Not being true to yourself won't make you happy either and doesn't solve anything. The feeling will always be there. I don't know what causes people to be gay as I have no experience of it, but I'm happy to believe them when they say it's not a choice. I guess I never really chose to be straight either, it just is and I've never questioned it.
    Ok now it all honestly I like the idea of two women together what I dont like is the fact that they adopt kids. Idc if the same sex gets married, but how can u be attracted to the same sex and still want kids. Its like cutting the cake and eating it too. Like I said I respect gay people, but I also dont understand why a guy feels the need to act or talk like a chick. He's gay not a girl. This is why I believe it it a choice. Because of what the same sex does after they "Find out they are gay" They act like idiots, I was eating at a public resturant the other day and these guys were talking like they were chicks Very loudly I should add I couldn't stand it. So to respect them, I got up and removed myself from the resturant. My point is the way gay people act is proof enough to back up my "Wrong Idea" that being gay is a choice. Besides there is no right or wrong here as there is no proof to judge our opinions on.
    As far as I've noticed they mostly don't act that way, and even if they do, why should it bother me? People can be who they want to be, and being born male shouldn't mean you have to act all macho and not be into feminine things, just like me being a girl shouldn't mean I have to Strut around and be into shoes and handbags. Besides, I've known guys who act like chicks before, and they're not even gay! 'You like the idea of two women getting together.' – Kind of stereotypical straight guy aren't you. Anyway, what's the problem with them adopting kids? Its better they have a loving family with same sex parents than no family at all. Besides, they're not passing on their own genes, which is quite a crucial thing for some people who wouldn't like to adopt. I personally don't like kids and wouldn't be fussed if I never had them, and I'm straight, so the whole needing to continue and pass things on isn't necessarily a rule of life to be stuck to. You're right, there is no right or wrong, but I generally think it's best to take people for what they tell us about themselves and to accept it rather than question them. If that's truly how they feel, then let them be that way.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I can't find it atm, but I think it was a Swedish ad, or it might have even been in English, but it was a PSA about how gay parents don't "convert" their kids to being gay as well.

Basically the ad was 2 fathers facing their son, and the son is like "You guys... I'm straight..." then they cut to the info about how gay parents don't necessarily raise gay kids.

If I can recall, is it only Sweden and Canada that allows for gay couples to adopt?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    As far as I've noticed they mostly don't act that way, and even if they do, why should it bother me? People can be who they want to be, and being born male shouldn't mean you have to act all macho and not be into feminine things, just like me being a girl shouldn't mean I have to Strut around and be into shoes and handbags.
    This is true, but being a male means u act talk and walk like a male, I dont care what u wear do or say, just be who u were born to be. Like I said your a gay not girl.
    Besides, I've known guys who act like chicks before, and they're not even gay!
    It is their choice but it still annoys me, Being metro is one thing, trying to be something your not is completely different. '
    You like the idea of two women getting together.' – Kind of stereotypical straight guy aren't you.
    If your gay or bi you like the same thing if your a female which I assume you are.
    Anyway, what's the problem with them adopting kids? Its better they have a loving family with same sex parents than no family at all.
    I agree a kid should have a loving family, but they also shouldn't be put uf for adoption anyways. But I also feel if you wants kids do it the natural way the way were born to.
    You're right, there is no right or wrong, but I generally think it's best to take people for what they tell us about themselves and to accept it rather than question them. If that's truly how they feel, then let them be that way.
    Everyone doesn't feel this way.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    With that sort of logic, the same could be said about psychopaths, murderers, people with a genetic disease etc... Hopefully there is a trend noticeable here.

People are not born as murderers. Most murders have a motive that was not pre-determined at birth. And genetic diseases can be detected well before birth.

Years
    ... And once again, Sneeze has made my day.

One does one's best. :3

I agree a kid should have a loving family, but they also shouldn't be put uf for adoption anyways.

You'll probably disregard this post as you did with my last one, but I felt the need to pick up on the latter half of that point. What if there's no choice? What if their parents are killed or something? Is having a gay couple then adopt them a bad thing?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    People are not born as murderers. Most murders have a motive that was not pre-determined at birth. And genetic diseases can be detected well before birth.

Did you just call being gay a genetic disease? o.o Oh my.

A disease is something that negatively impacts the well being of an organism. Being gay has had not genetic negative effect on me what so ever, therefore it is not a disease.

If you WANT to play the genetics card then it is simply an alternate allele, such as we can have blue eyes or brown eyes we can be straight or gay.

Of course like eye colour sexuality is likely to be defined by the presence of many genes and their alleles, hence why we get variants from THIS or THAT. There is no single gene for height, instead there are many contributing a little each which is why there is a big variation in height between people - sexuality, if influenced by genetics, is likely in this manner too.

Personally I believe sexuality is caused by the environment and the brainwaves of a person, it can be more one than the other but is likely that a single event in youth causes 'normal' brain waves to variant themselves and so what is sexually arousing changed.

EVERYONE finds different things sexually arousing, movements, voices, parts of the body. It's not just gender that sexuality differs in.

----

Also I hate people pulling the 'natural' card.

Did you know that the female body actually struggles to pass the baby, whilst in pretty much every animal birth is easy. If babies were born naturally only a small percentage of us would be alive today.

You drive a car? That isn't natural, neither is watching T.V. or using the internet, go outside and play with sticks.

If anything being Gay is more natural than technology, it's existed long before now and will exist long after. It is a natural occurrence.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I can't find it atm, but I think it was a Swedish ad, or it might have even been in English, but it was a PSA about how gay parents don't "convert" their kids to being gay as well.

Basically the ad was 2 fathers facing their son, and the son is like "You guys... I'm straight..." then they cut to the info about how gay parents don't necessarily raise gay kids.

If I can recall, is it only Sweden and Canada that allows for gay couples to adopt?

The UK also allows for gay couples to adopt. o:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Did you just call being gay a genetic disease? o.o Oh my.

A disease is something that negatively impacts the well being of an organism. Being gay has had not genetic negative effect on me what so ever, therefore it is not a disease.

If you WANT to play the genetics card then it is simply an alternate allele, such as we can have blue eyes or brown eyes we can be straight or gay.

Of course like eye colour sexuality is likely to be defined by the presence of many genes and their alleles, hence why we get variants from THIS or THAT. There is no single gene for height, instead there are many contributing a little each which is why there is a big variation in height between people - sexuality, if influenced by genetics, is likely in this manner too.

Personally I believe sexuality is caused by the environment and the brainwaves of a person, it can be more one than the other but is likely that a single event in youth causes 'normal' brain waves to variant themselves and so what is sexually arousing changed.

EVERYONE finds different things sexually arousing, movements, voices, parts of the body. It's not just gender that sexuality differs in.

----

Did you know that the female body actually struggles to pass the baby, whilst in pretty much every animal birth is easy. If babies were born naturally only a small percentage of us would be alive today.

You drive a car? That isn't natural, neither is watching T.V. or using the internet, go outside and play with sticks.

If anything being Gay is more natural than technology, it's existed long before now and will exist long after. It is a natural occurrence.

Please read other posts before responding.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

Sorry, but this just reminded me of a really great comedy bit from Russell Howard. He was commenting on a news story about a gay couple being asked to stop kissing on a plane, and he did a bit sort of like this:

"Alright, fellas, we're going to make this flight nice and comfortable for you. Pedro, let's go. Mwa. Mwa. Mwa."

"Alright, easy on, mate."

"What? Do you have a problem? Mwa. Mwa."

"Stop it! It's not natural!"

"You're flying. Mwa. Mwa."

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Sorry, but this just reminded me of a really great comedy bit from Russell Howard. He was commenting on a news story about a gay couple being asked to stop kissing on a plane, and he did a bit sort of like this:

"Alright, fellas, we're going to make this flight nice and comfortable for you. Pedro, let's go. Mwa. Mwa. Mwa."

"Alright, easy on, mate."

"What? Do you have a problem? Mwa. Mwa."

"Stop it! It's not natural!"

"You're flying. Mwa. Mwa."

I remember that XD Russell Howard is a legend, glad his new series has started now XD

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I have read half this thread, I have no desire to read 20 more pages of argument before responding to something I felt need to be said.

It doesn't take 20 pages to figure out that I never said being homo was a genetic disease.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm not going to argue over what you did or didn't say, regardless of whether you did or didn't mean that it shows my stance on it.

What I don't understand is if people are born homo, why haven't I seen a homo baby being delivered at any hospitals?

These statements together imply you thing Gay people = Gay babies = Being Gay is genetic. If not fine, but some people do think that and they can think my post is directed at them.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Why haven't you seen a gay baby delivered? Because it's a BABY, babies don't show too many signs of sexual orientation. It's not detectable like the sex, obviously.

You don't see any straight babies delivered either.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So we'll all ruled out it being a choice. And we also now agree it's not birth/genetic. So enivorment or the way the child was raised?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back