• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • Why would anyone consent to decide to be a label of society and take all the ridicule and stereotypes that come with that?

Like, I didn't choose this. I chose to be bisexual, it didn't work for me because I just never thought about women that way...

By your logic, you can choose to be gay, though. Ask your parents, your friends; "What if I was gay?", and tell me the answers you get.

And try forcing yourself to be attracted to the same sex.

It doesn't work. Period.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • You prove me wrong, prove to me that people make their own decision to be gay.

Years
  • Why would anyone consent to decide to be a label of society and take all the ridicule and stereotypes that come with that?

Like, I didn't choose this. I chose to be bisexual, it didn't work for me because I just never thought about women that way...

By your logic, you can choose to be gay, though. Ask your parents, your friends; "What if I was gay?", and tell me the answers you get.

And try forcing yourself to be attracted to the same sex.

It doesn't work. Period.
    You're not listening. If I wished to be attracted to men, I could be, but I don't want to be, so I'm not.

I am fully aware of what their reactions would be, don't play the victim card with me.

You would consent to being a label of society so that you could move to erase those labels. You're saying it's wrong, so by your logic Martin Luthur King Jr. was wrong.

You would stand up to the jack***'s that decided to make fun of you because you were different. You would set an example, saying that you were strong, and you weren't less than they were.

I'm not urging you to, because I realize how difficult that would be, but I'd rather you do that before saying "I can't control it, I was born that way."

Because that is untrue.

entrancer: Heh, I should go first to prove you wrong even though you were the one who brought up the topic first. Well, if you'll read any of my previous posts on the subject, you'll see my reasoning.

We aren't robots prepackaged to be certain things. We make our own choices and we have to accept them.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm straight. I don't care if someone is gay or not, and I was friends with them. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't believe you. Prove it.

And even if they did, how would they explain Bisexuals?
    When a woman has babies, her body treats the baby as a virus of some sort and produces estrogen. It becomes easier for the female body to do so after having more male babies. Almost every science institute agrees that this happens mostly through the role of genes.
    Well, that and I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning and says 'I think I'll just switch sexual preferences.' I have never met anyone who thinks like that.

Years
  • The amount of estrogen or testosterom in ones body does not effect anybody's sexual preferences. I know, I asked it in Health class awhile ago. XD Case and point: I have 3 older brothers and not one of us is gay.

I did not say you change at the drop of the hat. I said gradually through changes a decisions on your part, you become straight, or gay, or bisexual.

Don: No, I did not mean my unfortunate pairing of words that way. I meant in general. Like a rapist must live with his sins, a burglar must deal with his guilt, and a lawyer must live with the fact that he is ruining people's lives.

I didn't mean it that way. People are saying you're born gay or straight, which in my opinion, isn't true. I was implying that it wasn't predestined for me to be straight, and if during my life I had felt attracted to men, I could have turned out gay. Nothing is set in stone.

I have gone through it fyi, my previous school was non too sure of which "team I played for", and my social life suffered for it. But I didn't let them put me down, and it eventually blew over because they knew I didn't care.

It's helping to erase it because back when being black was a crime, Martin Luther King, Jr. embraced the colour of his skin, and it inspired other people. I'm not saying you need to do something on such a large scale, Ii'm actually not saying you have to do anything, but I'm saying that's what I see a strong-willed homosexual doing.

This is all a matter of opinion, you must remember that. That, and the fact that I'm not calling you out, I'm perticipating in this thread, not trying to make anybody feel bad.

Ausaudriel: Dang, it does? Well, I apologize for that.

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • You're not listening. If I wished to be attracted to men, I could be, but I don't want to be, so I'm not.

You're the one not listening. I said in an earlier post that I wished I was attracted to women back in my teenage years. I tried it. It didn't work. Regardless of how much I tried to like women, I always felt awkward and uncomfortable around them.

And why exactly don't you want to be gay today, Mr. Objection!? Is it because you don't feel you're attracted to men? Guess what, I'm not attracted to women. But I can at least say I've made the attempt. Until you do, your point remains invalid to me.

I am fully aware of what their reactions would be, don't play the victim card with me.

Then do it. It becomes a whole different game when you're the victim, regardless of the degree to which you're said victim. Everyone doesn't treat you the same, accepting or not; you're suddenly "the gay guy", "the gay one", etc.

You would consent to being a label of society so that you could move to erase those labels. You're saying it's wrong, so by your logic Martin Luthur King Jr. was wrong.

Consenting to a label to erase it? Pardon? How is that doing anything to erase it? You're doing society a favor by painting a target on your forehead.

You would stand up to the jack***'s that decided to make fun of you because you were different. You would set an example, saying that you were strong, and you weren't less than they were.

Some people don't feel the need to be a martyr for people who are too insecure to outright say it themselves. If you want something that'll help push people out of the closet, and be a trailblazer, how about this: Get the world in general to stop being so damn ignorant about it. Maybe that oughta help.

I'm not urging you to, because I realize how difficult that would be, but I'd rather you do that before saying "I can't control it, I was born that way."

Because that is untrue.

OK, as of tomorrow, I'm going to stop thinking about how attracted I am to guys. I'm going to become straight, and be attracted to women.

Because clearly, that works with everybody.

We aren't robots prepackaged to be certain things. We make our own choices and we have to accept them.

You have worded this extremely poorly. You say that as if there are consequences for "choosing to be gay", which is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard due to how utterly ignorant it is. If you have simply said the wrong thing, that's fine, but as is, you have made an extremely poor choice of words. And if you mean it, I downright pity your ignorance. :|

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Gay and been through the birth vs. choice debate with far bigger fish than Objection, etc., so I'm not going to get into it on PokeCommunity of all places. Looks trollish anyway.

There are a surprisingly large number of gay people around here... it's actually funny sometimes. XD;

It does seem a bit trollish indeed :3

It is funny, indeed.

I'm still laughing at the fact that this thread was made on the same day I came out (or at least am starting to).

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm straight. I've just never found myself attracted to men and even having sex with them seems slightly repulsive. But then, meh, that's just me. I respect gays because they get so much hassle for who they are. Sometimes I think it's the same as racial discrimination except maybe there are no groups out there to kill them. Most of my friends are gay, and I don't judge them - they are people not to be judged by their sexuality but by who they are.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Seriously, the majority of Pokemon forums are run by us... and soon, the WORLD! Naw Im kidding... what r re talkin about???

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think the funny thing is, as it is also a misconception, is that all gays like gay sex. I don't find that enitrely true... It's just like a relationship between a guy and a girl, it doesn't mean that the guy just wants to see her naked or something, and have sex with her (at least with serious relationships).

While sex does come, for the most part, part and parcel with being in a relationship, it isn't necessarily the end all thing... Even then, I know I'd rather go slow... Find a cute guy and go from there... Kind of like how a guy might go with a girl.

Of course there can be the whole talk of alternatives, especially for girls, but that's something else.

That's how I feel anyway, I don't feel overtly sexually charged or whatever.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Just figured I'd jump in here after reading up on it.

I'm straight and have plenty of bi / gay friends and don't discriminate against them for it. Most of them are completely like my straight friends; of course, their personality not being decided by their sexuality. Except for one... I know the post above me by Feign brought up that they don't all like gay sex, but there was a short (about a week?) point in my life where I got angry with the idea of homosexuals in general because of this one fellow.

He's still my friend now, even though he gets on my nerves quite often. Every time we have a conversation, he somehow brings up gay sex. Not sex in general, just gay sex. It disturbs me, actually. I tell him "Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I bring up straight sex all the time". He gets angry with people for making fun of him for being gay, and I tried to explain that the fact that he always says things such as "buttsex!" and "gaysex!" randomly doesn't exactly help his case.

..of course, like I said before, I realized that this was just him in particular and of course have nothing against LGBT.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    You can't say, "it never happens." Yet when I prove you wrong, say it's the exception.

Well, the point is people are struck by lightning. But that doesn't mean we live in fear of it happening. Because it is so incredibly unlikely.

Having said that. If I was gay, I would probably be very controlled about what I displayed. Not out of fear of physical harm, but just petty discrimination.

Scientists have proven that gay people are born like that, and it's not any factor of their choosing.

You certainly don't choose to be gay. At the same time, you are not born gay, and there is no science that proves that. When you are born, you are not even sexually developed. You have at minimum 10 years of biological, social and psychological influences before sexuality starts to develop.

I think the funny thing is, as it is also a misconception, is that all gays like gay sex. I don't find that enitrely true... It's just like a relationship between a guy and a girl, it doesn't mean that the guy just wants to see her naked or something, and have sex with her (at least with serious relationships).

If we're talking about an adult relationship. Then sexuality is a huge part, regardless, gay,straight,whatever

He's still my friend now, even though he gets on my nerves quite often. Every time we have a conversation, he somehow brings up gay sex. Not sex in general, just gay sex. It disturbs me, actually. I tell him "Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I bring up straight sex all the time". He gets angry with people for making fun of him for being gay, and I tried to explain that the fact that he always says things such as "buttsex!" and "gaysex!" randomly doesn't exactly help his case.

Yeah, I totally understand. It's a really awkward, uncomfortable situation. It's nothing to do with him being gay, just a bit socially slow. We use different topics of conversation depending who we are talking to. It's because we know what our friends/peers/etc are interested in or what's appropriate to talk about with them. Some just DON'T get it.

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Oh yeah, being gay is a sin. Just like a million other things that so many Christians conveniently "forget about".

Christianity is hilarious when it comes to homosexuality. Christian homophobes always quote Leviticus 18, completely overlooking the fact that Leviticus 11 prohibits the eating of pigs. Last time I checked the majority of Christians will happily eat bacon.

I'm pretty sure I'm straight. I thought I was bisexual during my teenage years before concluding that men were actually not that great.

My motto in life: "Try everything once. Except incest and folk dancing."

I heavilly dislike the using of "gay" as an insult. People use it as a sort of swear word you can get away with.

In the UK, and in most of Europe, homosexuality is tolerated 100% and we have actually got to the point where the country adores gay men as style icons and lesbian women as comedians. I'm not sure if this is right or not, but at least it shows we are tolerant, if slightly stereotyping. The US is wildly different though. I don't think that some states are liberal enough to tolerate it at all *frowns at Alabama*.

I have plenty of LGB friends and I treat them as I would my straight friends. I do hate giving people labels though. We shouldn't see people as "gay" or "straight" or "curious" but by the person they are.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Oh dear LORDY how did I miss this thread?

For anyone that actually knows who I am,
    I'm gay.

I didn't choose to be attracted to males, I just am.
    And I'm pretty good about it. ^^

I'm definately a guy, not a flambuoyant mess of a girl with male genitalia that the media and steryotypes make all gay people out to be.

and you know what? I'm pretty proud of it too. I mean, who the hell are you to be saying a sexuality that is just attracted to the same gender is wrong?

And about gay Marriage;
    I will be married on day,
    I will raise children (surrogated or adopted) one day,
    And I will live my life the way I want to without somebody telling me I can't just because I am attracted to males.

And wanna know something else?
    I'm a christain. :D

but not super-religious.
    I just believe in God and Jesus, but I haven't gone to church since I was like, 5-ish, and I've never actually read the bible.
    But this is the point: I don't believe in a bigoted God.

There is this baptist church in my community, that just HATES everyone. they even have thier website of things they believe god hates. Like Gays, mexicans, etc.
    RIDICULOUS.

anyway, rant over.
    How is everyone today? ^w^

XD

I have plenty of LGB friends and I treat them as I would my straight friends. I do hate giving people labels though. We shouldn't see people as "gay" or "straight" or "curious" but by the person they are.

This is also true.
    I bet if I came out earlier than I plan to, so many people would not refer to me as they always do now.

And when I do fully come out, I bet people even in my family will refer to me as:
    "*mom's name*'s gay son"
    or
    "*brother's or sister's name*'s gay brother"
    or possibly just:
    "The gay one."

WTF.
    I'm gay, but that's not who I am. It's just my sexual orientation. Do you see me calling anyone "Oh, yeah, that's the straight one."?

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Point #1: I'm straight. Just want to make sure there is no misconceptions on that. No part of me is bi, as I find the idea of sleeping even in the same bed with another guy repulsive(though if you like that, go on ahead).

Point #2: Now, I'm not saying all LGBT folks out there need to shut up and hide away, especially considering anyone knows that ain't happening anytime soon. But, I am not an advocate for gay marriage. I don't know what the problem with unification ceremonies(I honestly don't know what they're being called right now)is. You can still call it whatever you want elsewhere. I don't see why the definition of marriage needs to be changed, when these ceremonies usually result in the same rights as straight marriages.

Point #3: I'd very much prefer not to have the argument that "everybody straight is really at least X% bi", because that's just plain wrong. I can usually tell if someone is gay, bi, or straight based on how they dress, talk, and act. I know that at least most of my straight friends are really straight. Not trying to be discriminatory, as much as it may sound like I am, but once you get good at it it's usually easier to spot differences(and I'm usually right with my observations, which I honestly find surprising).

Point #4: Not a fan of removing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy from the US military. Regardless of if you are openly LGBT, at any workplace, that is not where you express it. I wouldn't. Most people don't. It should be no different in our military.

Closing Statements: I understand the point here, but there's not a really big need for this. LGBT folks aren't being lynched or anything, and you've got your forums, groups, literature, and many other things previously unheard of. Hell, I remember calling my friend "gay"(as he was acting rather gay), and I was heard by my school's LGBT group, who harassed me for a week after that. It may not be like that everywhere, but God forbid if I said anything back, as I bet I'd have been suspended for harassment if I did. Again, I doubt it's like this everywhere, but as with race, there is a growing double standard against majority peoples(whites, straights)that forces us to hold our tongue within the constraints of poltical correctness. That kind of hypocricy, I can't stand for. Under the US Constitution, everybody has equal right to say whatever the hell they want about anyone else at any time. I personally hate political correctness. It keeps us from making rebuttals against black hatred of whites(based on crimes generally over 150 years old), and I feel it may prove true between straights and LGBTs.

I will say no more on this matter, as I am sure the result will be the same as the Debate Section on Serebii(I got my *** flamed off for expressing my beliefs). I'm not forcing anything onto anyone, but I do ask at the bare minimum that you consider what I've said.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • I'm bisexual. Have been since I was about six, I started getting crushes on girls and boys alike. Gender has... never really mattered to me at all, in anyway.
    In real life I'm open about my sexuality which has led to some bullying, but nothing I can't handle.
    I've had one girlfriend and two boyfriends. I'm still with my boyfriend. xD

Not really sure what else to say.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I'm Bisexual. Guys, Girls, whatever, if they look good, and they're nice, I don't care. And most my friends can accept this, even my very christian friend.

But all the other people at school... if I come out as being bi, all the guys are gonna (and no, not might, will, you dont know my area like I do) think I want to do them up the ass. Which generally, I don't.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Aha. I'm bisexual. I thought I was 100% against attraction to other guys for the longest time but I realised I don't mind calling a guy cute or whatever, as long as he's not too masculine. xD
    Some may call me heteroflexible or even just "straight" since my attraction to males is almost not worth noting. I'm a one. :P
    I'm semi-bisexual. If I fell in love with another woman, then yes, there would be a possibility, I just am more attracted to males. I watch and enjoy Yuri / Yaoi (shonen ai / shojou ai), so I guess I'm pansexual as well, as I see if you love someone, it shouldn't matter what gender they are.
    Yeah, Basically this. :3

@ Kura: Dude, did you even read my post? Most people are generally straight, and I don't think liking Pokemon makes you gay. Though Pocket Monsters could sound suspicious...

*Shakes Head*

There are plenty of straight people here, most likely the larger percentage. Where in the world did you get the idea that most people on PC were gay?

That club would be a waste of this forum's space. This club is for people who aren't really accepted, or want to talk to somebody with the same tastes as them. In a straight club there would be nothing to talk about.

You don't get thrown out of your house for being straight. You don't lose respect in people's eyes for being straight. It would be pointless.

xD You may be surprised. There was a poll done once (in our community), and there were officially more LGBT than there were straight people. ,_, Although, perhaps gay people are just more likely to take polls.
    It's not a stereotype about Pokémon about being "only 4 fagz derher
    "--interestingly enough, there are actually a large number of LGBT people around here. I would argue it's because the percentage of LGBT people all around is actually larger than one may think, and this is the Internet, and an open and tolerant part of it at that. People often turn to social facets of the Internet for reasons of low self-esteem, or bad social life in the real world, among others. So if not at an actual higher percentage, gays and bisexuals are more likely to be active and have an open social life around these parts. ^_^

This place is not for people who are not accepted. It's just for...people in general. With a non-mandatory common interest to unite us. :)
    I would see nothing wrong with a heterosexual club. To me it just seems like you have some chips on your shoulder. :( *Gives you some salsa*

There is this baptist church in my community, that just HATES everyone. they even have thier website of things they believe god hates. Like Gays, mexicans, etc.
    RIDICULOUS.
    Lol, sounds like the Westboro Baptist Church. They hate:
    •Homosexuals
    •Jews
    •Catholics

•Swedes
    •The World
    •People
    •The United States
    •Hawaii
    •Soldiers
    •Anything else they can think of

...I don't know of any official list, and the "Hawaii" thing is just because they once picketed there saying how much God hates Hawaii, but then again, God hates everything. xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back