• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Well, the ugly design of the female trainer already had me disinterested in these games.... this news certainly does not tip the scales in favor of B/W. Persian has always been a staple of my team... unless there's a 5th generation cat Pokemon that is at least as elegant and attractive as Persian, I won't be very happy.

At least rubbish like Rattata, Zubat, and Pikachu won't be included, but then again, many better Pokemon also won't be in the game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    https://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/?p=255

Posted on the gamefreak japanese website by the director of Game Freak.

Sweet. This is something that's definitely got me excited some more.

Also, does this mean you can't trade any of the previous gen Pokemon until the National Dex? I mean if that isn't the case, why not just trade the ones you love to BW to use on your team. I don't see the big deal. :0

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • No Gen I-IV Pokemon in the Isshu Pokedex!

That means we're due for a MASSIVE addition to the National Dex. This could be the largest Regional Dex yet.

MY EXCITEMENT IS QUITE HIGH NOW

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • yesssss I am so relived no more
    Wild Pikachu appeared
    Wild Geodude appeared
    Wild Zubat appeared
    EVERY FREAKN ROUTE OF EVERY FREAKIN GAME!!!
    It's nice to see a fresh start

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • I'm actually pleased about this. It seems like less of an invasion and we'll get to experience the new Pokémon for what they are (as opposed to mixing them in with previous gens and comparing).

A reboot like this is a great idea.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Why are people complaining really?

No Pikachu? Boohoo, it's pretty useless to be honest, especially in DP/Pt where the Thunderstone took forever to find or you needed 7 badges.

I think it's a great idea to have a Gen5 only Dex. It makes perfect sense.

And to those who want their normal Pokémon what's stopping you trading them over? You are limited EVERY Generation the same way so I don't really see the problem :S.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I love the idea. It gives the series more of a "fresh" feel.

From what I've seen, this game will have the most interesting Pokemon yet. I've really fallen in love with three, Meguroko, Shimama, and Gear.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It's going to be strange at first but now thinking about it, it'll be much easier to complete the Isshu Pokédex.
    Plus, we won't have to be sprawling around in caves seeing Zubat, and in the waters with no Magikarp!

This is definitely going to be an interesting and strange thing to see.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • BW are going to make me feel like a little kid again :D I enjoyed playing blue with not knowing what I'd find xD

Back