• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Years
    I'm kind of neutral towards this. On the one hand, 150+ new pokemon is pretty cool as it will encourage me to try something different as I nearly always have 2 or 3 Kanto/Johto pokemon in my team. On the other hand, I'll miss being able to play through with some of the old pokemon, especially Eevee since I always have an Eeveelution in my team (except Sapphire).
    Perhaps they'll do what they have done in Diamond, make it so you can trade none regional dex pokemon onto the game but they don't register in the pokedex until after the elite 4?

Either way, going to make for an interesting game!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The thing is that most people will have to get the old mon from a friend who has beaten the game...as the GTS only shows pokemon that you have encountered...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Unless Munna has another evolution I see it more of a new drowzee. I am thinking Gaiasu(Whatever it's name is) is either the rhyhorn or geodude line.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    What can I say...
    HOORAH!!

No, but seriously, I'm happy that they are giving us a total Reboot in the series, because I was never around in the good ol' Classic days, such as Red/Blue ( By the way, I know this is what Hiiro said ) So it's nice to know that they are resetting all of these things, i'm really starting to like 5th Gen, mostly because I started on Gold, then moved on, and recently came back, and never got to experience what it was like to have these "Reboots", so now it's almost like a new start, new adventures, all with new everything, it just get's me more pumped for this series.

Years
    No Pikachu? Boohoo, it's pretty useless to be honest, especially in DP/Pt where the Thunderstone took forever to find or you needed 7 badges.
    My Light Ball sweeping Pikachu in Platinum and Heart Gold beg to disagree. Pikachu is a lot better than Raichu, there's no reason to evolve it unless you want slightly better defenses and the ability to hold different items.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Black and White have had massive brand new changes, and one of them is that in the pre-National dex, there all ALL new Pokemon. Do you think that it's good? I like the fact we won't be seeing 'A wild Zubat appeared' or 'A wild Tentacool appeared' but cool Pokemon like Eevee are gone D: I think it'll be made up for if Gen 5 has the awesome-est Pokemon yet.

What do you think?

i happen to like zubat thank you very much -_-

now tenta-not so-cool can burn for all i care

its fontastic as long as their givin i nice variety of fire,water,grass,electric,& dragon types.

i hope theres a few nice steel,& dark types too :)

but with this it gives me 2 impressions:
    1- tsutarja will be the new bulbasaur: grass/poison :disappoin
    &2- the dex will only have 152 at first (countin victini&an extra legend)at maximum 252 (countin victini)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm not a particularly large fan of being forced to use all-new pokemon and ignore my current favorites until after the E4, but it makes sense within the context of the game. XD

I'd still prefer a Safari Zone full of imported pokemon at least, but whatever. XD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My Light Ball sweeping Pikachu in Platinum and Heart Gold beg to disagree. Pikachu is a lot better than Raichu, there's no reason to evolve it unless you want slightly better defenses and the ability to hold different items.

Without it's Item, which was only added to buff him up and is very rare to find on a wild Pikachu it's stats are still rather poor and it won't be able to take a hit.

Compared to other Electric families it is poor.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Without it's Item, which was only added to buff him up and is very rare to find on a wild Pikachu it's stats are still rather poor and it won't be able to take a hit.

Compared to other Electric families it is poor.

i completely agree with this, and i used to love pikachu, but now id rather use Pachirisu,damn thing is a TANK!

Unknown Trainer

The one and only! =)
    Years
    I like the idea of starting fresh again. it feels like Hoenn all over again! =)

I'm okay with most Pokemon that have come out anyway.

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Gen 3 all over again. I do not want to be severely restricted and told "You can't use those 493 Pokemon to beat the game, here use these 150." I want a combination of old and new to beat the game with, and not have to wait until afterwards, when I don't even need to use them. Seriously, postgame stuff is just filler. If I'm going to "use" a Pokemon, I want it as part of my team that I raise throughout my journey to beat the League. Gen 3 severely limited your Pokemon and is ridiculed even today for it (though it also had a horrendous region), and considering about 80% of the Gen 5 designs are absolutely vomit-inducing, I'd want the option of catching some old favorites to raise in Isshu as well.

There are about 50 other things they could do to revitalize and "freshen up" the series...this is not one of them.

RSE was hated a lot more for simply not having them at all. That, and tedious surfing -_-.

Besides, I'm excited at this. If Gamefreak does it right, there'll be 150+ new Pokemon to use. That's pretty decent.

Years
    I quite like this,it isolates the new generation from the old generations and I always wanted this for B/W. But that means we might see many multiple Pokémon across the whole region.

Back