• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Years
  • Has anyone noticed the transition to Digimon? Look at Wooguru...man.
    I like the male character, but the new battle system and dream world will get some getting used to.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No, people hated it because they didn't like the choice of old Pokemon in the PokeDex. For instance, people were whining about, for example, "No Magmar, but Zubat?!!! WTF!". This is the same reason DP was disliked.

Well, that's not the only reason, but its the main one.

For that reason, I hope people complain about B/W not as much. Really, if you're going to do something, you might as well do it the whole way (which is leaving out every Pokemon). I just hope the game itself won't become distanced from what Pokemon really stands for - we may have a Pikachu clone, but before the national dex, the symbol of the anime, and arguably, what represents Pokemon, isn't there.

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    No more 'Wild Zubat Appeared'. Instead 'Wild Uzbat Appeared'.

Years

• For that reason, I hope people complain about B/W not as much. Really, if you're going to do something, you might as well do it the whole way (which is leaving out every Pokemon). I just hope the game itself won't become distanced from what Pokem on really stands for - we may have a Pikachu clone, but before the national dex, the symbol of the anime, and arguably, what represents Pokemon, isn't there.
    The reason I prefer a few of the old Pokemon to be in the regional dex is mainly because it makes the franchise feel like it has some continuity. Having a few Pokemon shared by multiple regions makes everything seem like they are all a part of the Pokemon world. This makes me think Isshu is in completely different place. This is leading me to believe that the previous regions don't exist in this world... Hopefully the past regions will at least get a mention. I don't see what the big deal is about the old Pokemon. No one is forcing you to use them, and 90% of the dex is new anyways.

Last edited:

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • sunday1.jpg

In the upper right is a billboard of a Pikachu. That makes me think it could be in Isshu.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The reason I prefer a few of the old Pokemon to be in the regional dex is mainly because it makes the gfranchise feel like it has some continuity. Having a few Pokemon shared by multiple regions makes everything seem like they are all a part of the Pokemon world. This makes me think Isshu is in completely different place. This is leading me to believe that the previous regions don't exist in this world... Hopefully the past regions will at least get a mention. I don't see what the big deal is about the old Pokemon. No one is forcing you to use them, and 90% of the dex is new anyways.
    This is true, My favorite regions pokedex had tons of new pokemon but also a couple old ones, I liked the Hoenn mix of the dex, I hope the Isshu mix is good despite being all new :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Didnt Hoenn have a lot of Johto pkmn? (combared to the amount og Kanto pkmn?)

I would love to start a new adventure with nothing but new pokemon right now :)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Funny, this is the exact reason everyone hated Hoenn :/
    And who exactly are you speaking for when you say 'everyone'?

I for one loved the Water Routes in Hoenn, the guy you quoted does, and I'm sure there are others.

Those who hate on the Water Routes don't really get it, do they? I mean, Pokemon games aren't exactly supposed to be easy.

I get sick of seeing people complain about game aspects that are purposely put there to make things harder. THAT IS THE IDEA OF ANY GAME - To keep you occupied/hooked on trying to complete something. Where's the sense of accomplishment if you can plough through the game with no problems whatsoever?

Same goes for those complaining about the level jump when you get to the Elite 4, the impossibility to escape Wrap and Clamp in Gen I (which I think they should put back in) etc.

Jacquilove

-winks-
    Years
  • I'm not so sure I want ALL of them gone - wouldn't feel quite as Pokemon-y, I think. May as well be Digimon if you get rid of Pikachu and such, you get my reasoning? But at the same time... I'll definitely give this a shot.

Years
  • I'm not so sure I want ALL of them gone - wouldn't feel quite as Pokemon-y, I think. May as well be Digimon if you get rid of Pikachu and such, you get my reasoning? But at the same time... I'll definitely give this a shot.
    You're right. I think I heard something about Digimon pulling a stunt like this before. Shunning all the old monsters and even going as far as removing some of them. I hope Pokemon doesn't follow suite. D:

And I agree, It will be kind of hard to adapt. It's not really "Pokemon", might as well be something else. I don't really care all to much, just sharing my worthless opinion.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • I personally highly dislike it. Triple battles just seems kinda stupid (in my opinion) and the new pokemon don't seem that cool. It seems like they just threw a bunch of stuff together and called it pokemon. I mean, it hasn't even been a year since HG/SS came out...

Years
  • I personally highly dislike it. Triple battles just seems kinda stupid (in my opinion) and the new pokemon don't seem that cool. It seems like they just threw a bunch of stuff together and called it pokemon. I mean, it hasn't even been a year since HG/SS came out...
    Well HG/SS came out a year after Platinum...It's the same, poor Platinum didn't even have a year by the time HgSs came out :(

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
  • I like the changes Nintendo is doing with the game, I honestly do. Seasonal changes are pretty awesome, the battles with the moving spirtes look great too, I even like the region as a whole. The Pokemon are what really just make me sad about Generation V. After counting, there are only 6 Pokemon I like even the tiny-est bit. I'm giving the new Gen V Pokemon some time to 'grow on me', but I doubt my opinion will change much.

Years
  • I like the changes Nintendo is doing with the game, I honestly do. Seasonal changes are pretty awesome, the battles with the moving spirtes look great too, I even like the region as a whole. The Pokemon are what really just make me sad about Generation V. After counting, there are only 6 Pokemon I like even the tiny-est bit. I'm giving the new Gen V Pokemon some time to 'grow on me', but I doubt my opinion will change much.
    Well at least you won't have a hard time deciding on a team :)

pokemad

Self taught hacker
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    LIking all new everything esspecialy the battle revamp.
    moving sprites = win

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • A Completely New Pokedex.....?

So, as of recent I've seen a lot of people on here saying we're getting a completely revamped Pokedex for Gen V. Supposedly, none of the older Pokemon will be present until after aquiring the National Dex.

So, my question. Where has this been confirmed? I've Googled several times and I'm unable to find a reliable source with the confirmation.

Can anybody help me out here?

Back