• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little Cup Tournament

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Aproved By: Deano and Apostal
    Little Cup Tournament

Introduction

Little Cup was spawned in Pokemon Stadium 2. The idea was that you bred to achieve the perfect baby Pokemon to battle. It was later reintroduced for Advance, and now Little Cup is back for the 4th Generation. The most important things that should be known about Little Cup is that it is all about Speed. The metagame is filled with fast Pokemon and revenge killers. ~By Thorns (Smogon)

Tournament Rules

• Battles can take place on Wifi or on Pokemon Battle Revolution (PBR), but you must have Wifi connection, a DS, and Diamond or Pearl game to enter.
    • The First round of the Tournament will be 4 vs 4 Doubles. The rest of the Tournament will be 6 vs 6 singles.
    • The clauses are listed under "Little Cup Rules".
    • Hacked Pokemon are not allowed.
    • If two people finish a battle with conflicting stories, BOTH will be disqualified.
    • Use the form to sign up
      • Name: Your username for Pokecommunity.
      • D/P: Your friend code for Diamond or Pearl.
      • PBR: Your friend code for Battle Revoluton.

Little Cup Rules

• Sleep Clause
    • Only Pokemon hatched from eggs are eligible.
    • Eligible Pokemon must be able to evolve, and be the first in an evolution chain.
    • Item Clause is in effect.
    • DeepSeaTooth is Banned
    • All Pokemon used MUST be Lv5.
    • Self-KO Clause is on.
    • SonicBoom and Dragon Rage are banned.
    • Evasion/accuracy moves are NOT allowed.
    • OHKO moves are NOT allowed.
    • Scyther, Seasel, Yanma, Tengela, Meditite are banned

Prizes

1st place: First pick at prizes and a choice of 3 .
    2nd place: Second pick at prizes and a choice of 2 .
    3rd/4th place: Last Picks and gets 1 Pokemon.

Donations

HP/ATK/DEF/Speed/S.ATK/S.DEF
    Pokemon

1. Little Cup Tournament
      -
      ?

Timid 30/18/26/31/31/18
      Egg Moves - None
      Hidden Power - Bug 70
    2. Little Cup Tournament
      -
      Adamant 24/31/21/31/31/21
      Egg Moves
      - Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush
      Hidden Power - Dragon 46
    3. Little Cup Tournament
      -
      Relaxed 30/31/30/1/6/24
      Egg Moves - None
      Hidden Power - Poison 44
    4. Little Cup Tournament
      -

Adamant 31/31/31/31/26/27
      Egg Moves - Dragon Dance, Fire Fang
      Hidden Power - Electric 70
    5. Little Cup Tournament
      -

Modest 23/31/27/26/31/31
      Egg Moves - Nasty Plot
      Hidden Power - Ice 70
    6. Little Cup Tournament
      -

Sassy 29/28/22/27/30/31
      Egg Moves - Leach Seed, Seed Bomb
      Hidden Power - Water 68

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Mike and haseo both signed up.

I plan on just downgrading my whole team to their "little forms"

With the exception of Magikarp D:
    Good luck :)
    Just incase you have Blissey, Happiny sucks >.<

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Why is Meditite banned, btw?

And...
    I don't use walls to begin with.
    I'm definitely not using walls in little cup either :P

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Reasons for all banned pokemon.

Scyther
    Reason: Sword Dance, Agility great Attack/Speed, Technician Quick Attack and a nice movepool make it near unstoppable. It has not been tested yet due to this post, it may be moved to under testing at some future time.

Yanma
    Reason: Speed Boost. It sweeps with ease in a metagame so focused on speed. Hypnosis for those it can't 1KO.
    Sneasel
    Reason: High Attack and Speed, its STAB Ice Shard+Sword Dance 1KOs most Scarfers that try to revenge kill it.

Meditite
    Reason: VERY high attack and high powered STAB moves (so high it can 1KO Bronzor without any boosts using a neutral STAB attack) and decent speed (scarf can give it 24 speed so not easy to revenge kill).

Tangela
    Reason: Great Def and Sp.A, the Sunny Day set is near unstoppable. Can sweep teams with ease. The wall set is not broken, but we can't ban movesets.

Clamperl (only with Deepseatooth):
    Reason:
    A massive 36 Sp.A and decent defenses, if your team can pass speed or set up Trick Room tis thing will take down a few Pokemon. It may be retested and possibly unbanned at some stage.

Can you have EV trained babies? From LVL one to five you can get in a bit of speed.

You can get alot of EVs by lvl 5.

Starly (1 Spe) has a base Exp. value of 56, and Bidoof's (1 HP) is 58. The only other Pokemon able to be found in the wild at level 2 are Sentret, Nidoran M, Doduo and Growlithe (1 Atk), Surskit (1 Spe) and Nidoran F (1 HP) via PokeRadar (Growlithe requires FireRed attached, Doduo is found as a swarm, and Nidoran has a 2% chance of being found at level 2.)

Starly and Bidoof still have the lowest base Exp yield of these choices, so you'd want to stick with them... or would you?

Instead, you can catch level 3 Magikarp with the Old Rod, as Magikarp have a rock-bottom base Exp of 20. While a level 2 Starly will yield 16 Exp to be split six ways, a level 3 Magikarp yields ~8.6 Exp. Even if the game rounds Exp up (I'm not entirely sure.), this gives each Pokemon in your party 2 Exp rather than the 3 the Starly would give you.

The 1,600,000-Exp-for-lvl.100 Pokemon are the quickest to hit level 6 at 112 Exp. If Exp. Share rounds up, this means one can battle approximately 55 Magikarps before needing to stop. That means you'll get 8 EVs in your chosen stat (Power _____ and Pokerus), which gets you to 440 total EVs able to be gained from battling wild Pokemon, more if you're aiming for Speed EVs. Take Vitamins into account, and one can definitely reach any possible fullly EVed spread at level 5, given an ample supply of Tamato Berries (to reduce unwanted Spe EVs.)
    ~https://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1163303&postcount=30

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Because almost any move can OHKO abra.
    And theirs alot of priority moves and pokemon who are faster then him (diglet with sucker punch)

Kamikaze Kidd

Pulse, the Prince of Paralysis
    Years
    I take that as a yes on the EV training thing.

Ok I want in!

PC name- Kamikaze Kidd
    D/P-Kiki-4639-5516-1367
    PBR-4682-8283-7623

So when does this tourny start?

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I'll join if you promise to get your doubles match vs. aragornbird done in the main tourney thread :P

I might be able to pull this off..I'll get back to you if I'm going to really join.

Question: lv.5 everything? So that would mean we're not battling at lv.50/100, but as "Anything Goes" in the wifi matches?

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I'll join if you promise to get your doubles match vs. aragornbird done in the main tourney thread :P

I might be able to pull this off..I'll get back to you if I'm going to really join.

Question: lv.5 everything? So that would mean we're not battling at lv.50/100, but as "Anything Goes" in the wifi matches?

Ill try my best to battle aragornbird >_<
    I think today we can battle if he comes on because I might not go outside.

Answer: Thats correct, you will be using your Pokemons level.

Back