• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lonely, Bullied, Abused Teen Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's pitiful to see such horrid remarks being made in regards to a tragic death, regardless of the reasons behind it.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • And how about after she died? I've seen so many images of people drinking bleach with straws on Facebook
    ...oh god.

Not that I have any pictures like that on my newsfeed, but that is just...horrible.

I mean, I can understand like "oh she kinda deserved it but not like that", and I can borderline tolerate the posts in this thread, but...that is just crossing the line.

Years
  • This story is the saddest thing that has happened to me all week.
    I pity the people who have the capacity to treat anyone like this. I'll be the first to admit that I've made the same mistakes as poor Amanda Todd probably even more, some more than a few times and do I regret it? Hells yes I regret it, was I bullied for it? No. Why? I don't know anymore.
    The people that surrounded Todd in all the shame and guilt deserve exactly what they gave to her, an eye for an eye.
    The only people who deserve that is anyone involved in thrusting it upon someone else, I'm not sure how some of you honestly believe she deserved it because as I've said I've made the same mistakes, and if I regret it without having consequence then how much regret must she have?
    And for what? What did she do wrong? She naively posted a picture of herself online and then refused to give out free web shows? And then she was tricked into believing someone liked her, That hardly warrants all the psychological and physical torture resulting in her death.

Having taken the time to read through this thread, I can with all confidence say: WOW. Just, wow. Some people in this thread disgust me.
    (...)
    Finally, that video made me cry. I'm not ashamed to admit it, but it is so sad that someone could be treated as such, and even sadder that they lost their life before justice was served.
    I hope they find the b****rd who originally did this and all of those who helped along the way, and friggin burn them at the stake.

I want you to lecture Amanda's killers, yes anyone who abused her in any way shape or form murdered her and you should be up there making sure they know it and they despise themselves for it.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Thank you for those of you that said something. I was going to post something yesterday but I couldn't form the words. I 'm very upset by some things that are being said, though I'm not by any means surprised. since I've seen it before. I had a cousin that had above average looks, I would say. For reasons I still don't know, she committed suicide about two or so years ago. Someone in the family made a page for her on Facebook and when I looked, there were the typical "She was so gorgeous. RIP," posts mixed in with comments talking about how she was "a ****" and, yes, the classic "she deserved it. Thank god she's gone." So, this is kind of hitting a bit too close to home for me.

In any case, both the "ugly" and "pretty" people deserve my sympathies. It's very upsetting that certain groups of people are left out and it's not just ugly people. Hate crimes against certain groups, such as the trans* community, is nonexistent in the media. But since the media isn't going to do a thing about it, sometimes you just have to raise awareness on your own if it's important to you. In order to get the media to change what it's reporting, you have to change the minds and hearts of the audience. It's unfortunate, but some people are still so backwards as to not care about anyone not pretty and white. But that's the fault of the media and parts of society, not the pretty, white girl's.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • The girl made a mistake - that's fine. Everyone does. I'm sure half of you have made more and/or worse mistakes. It's amazing how can a human being (?) do this kind of bullying upon another and how others still spit on this girl after she killed herself. While I strongly stand that suicide is never a solution... seriously. It's this kind of stuff that makes me lose hope on mankind.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    I dont blame her for what she did. But Im not going to feel sorry for her just because she killed herself. It isnt inhuman of me not to sympathize with her. I dont find my remarks horrid or disgusting. And I dont feel as though her death was a tragedy either tbh.

Its pitiful to see such hateful remarks being made about people that dont feel bad because a dumb girl killed herself.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • It's pitiful to see such horrid remarks being made in regards to a tragic death, regardless of the reasons behind it.

Death isn't a tragedy though, Death is a fact of Life.

Anyway, just to play along. A person walking in the street, and being shot and killed is a tragedy. A person hiking through the woods, and getting mauled by a bear is a tragedy.

A person commiting suicide isn't a tragedy. It's a choice, one that she made. And we should remember this.

We should remember her, for who she was as a person and how she decided to live her life. Her life choices should be a example to all, as one of many ways we can choose to live out our lives. She is a example to all. Our only part is to determine if we want to follow the path that she followed, or if we should instead use her life as a example of what not to do.

Last edited:
    Years
  • having already gotten into a few arguments about this, I don't particularly wish to get into another one but I'd just like to say that she is an idiot who does not deserve respect for any of her actions

if anyone can give me a legitimate reason why her actions (making a stupid and ****ty mistake, getting **** for it, being given the chance to turn things around but instead making another idiotic and again ****ty error, getting **** for that as she most likely would have been able to foresee, and then taking a ridiculously drastic, selfish and unnecessary action) begets respect and the massive levels of sympathy she has been receiving, I shall be happy to respond to you.

There are numerous other ways to deal with bullying other than the taking of one's life.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I dont blame her for what she did. But Im not going to feel sorry for her just because she killed herself. It isnt inhuman of me not to sympathize with her. I dont find my remarks horrid or disgusting. And I dont feel as though her death was a tragedy either tbh.

Its pitiful to see such hateful remarks being made about people that dont feel bad because a dumb girl killed herself.

Your complete lack of empathy for another human being is quite frankly, disgusting.

Years
  • livewiere what on earth are you talking about
    if you feel that someone does not deserve your symphathy or respect, you are not obligated to feel that simply because she is dead which is what I'm (obviously, perhaps incorrectly) inferring from your comments
    her death was not a tragedy, and believing that does not suddenly make you a cold human, uncapable of empathy and undeserving of any compassion from others

Years
  • livewiere what on earth are you talking about
    if you feel that someone does not deserve your symphathy or respect, you are not obligated to feel that simply because she is dead which is what I'm (obviously, perhaps incorrectly) inferring from your comments
    her death was not a tragedy, and believing that does not suddenly make you a cold human, uncapable of empathy and undeserving of any compassion from others

Try spelling my name right first.

Complete indifference and a total lack of empathy to the death of a 15 year old child makes you pretty cold in my book.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If you can't muster up an ounce of sympathy for a girl that killed herself because of endless bullying, with your reasoning being that she made a mistake (at an age where she isn't even legally responsible for that "mistake", as she is not seen as old enough to legally consent) so she doesn't deserve it, then in the same vein you should not expect sympathy in any situation you are in, as I'm sure you've made plenty of mistakes that contributed to your situations. Everyone has.

Only when it comes to sexual actions do we go into this massive victim-blaming mode. And not just sexual actions, female sexual actions. Oh misogyny, I missed seeing you for a few minutes!

Years
  • Not to be disrespectful or anything, but it seems that facebook was the cause of it... having said that, why didnt she just delete her account - 'the torture followed her THOUGH FACEBOOK' - it would of made sense and stopped the 'torture'.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it just seems she was being a little melodramatic about it all and too stubborn to realise that the main way people found out was because of facebook.

On to 'the man' that kept the photo, few things, 1. she shouldn't of flashed him, 2. why not go to the cops, get them to track the I.P. and have the photo forcefully deleted?

Just a few points to add to this, again, not to be offensive

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    2. why not go to the cops, get them to track the I.P. and have the photo forcefully deleted?e

If there is an offensive photo on facebook all you have to do is report it and they take care of it pretty quick. Especially if the picture contains nudity. She could have taken care of that very easily.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I'm bringing this discussion to a close now. It's descending down a spiral of one side calling the other's opinions disgusting while the other brings up the same points over and over which only ends in the same way. In the past 78 posts in this thread that's been the general gist of what I've seen happening and it's not good. It's not well thought-out or respectful or insightful any more. It's just turning into a mess and doesn't look good on anyone here, on the section, or on the community as a whole. So, unless Livewire or a member of higher staff wants to re-open this for whatever reason, we're done here.

-closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back