• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lord of the Rings

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    not to brag but i really am a lotr movie not book, geniuse (even though i read those too)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • =\ The movies would be easier to "master" for lack of a better word because the visuals are all right there and they're much shorter and easier to follow at times.

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the books kind of hard to read and I would find myself skimming through most parts because they bored me. X_x;

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
  • Some parts of the books are hard to understand, I remember pondering about one sentence that had possibly two meanings and I asked my mum but she's not expert and I got really pissed off...

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • lol people bragging now :p hey I'm a mod for a LoTR site, but yah don't hear me bragging. I've read the unfinished tales Ice demon, I guess you have. Anyone else gone the the exhibtion in london? It was really awesome seeing the props. The books aren't hard, it's just Tolkien puts so much detail into some sections and you can get lost in all the imagery...well I did :p

*still feels sorry for dwarves* I just felt it they made up reasons not to let them be free. Ooo anyone know any elvish?

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • igtica said:
    lol people bragging now :p hey I'm a mod for a LoTR site, but yah don't hear me bragging. I've read the unfinished tales Ice demon, I guess you have. Anyone else gone the the exhibtion in london? It was really awesome seeing the props. The books aren't hard, it's just Tolkien puts so much detail into some sections and you can get lost in all the imagery...well I did :p

*still feels sorry for dwarves* I just felt it they made up reasons not to let them be free. Ooo anyone know any elvish?
    Oh I feel sorry for the dwarves too, not only about their past but how they are now,Gimli is so under appreciated. That's one reason why I suppose if they made a movie of "The Hobbit" it wouldn't do as good as Lotr, everyone likes the elves and men! I like them all, the each have an important part in Middle-Earth. The Hobbit would be good to us, the actual Lotr fans, but a lot of people probably won't like it as much, there's not as much at stake.

Oh, I wish I knew elvish!....I do know one word though! "Mellon!" Hehe....

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    well, i know a few words like

mellon-friend

thyir- die

kadamaneek- thousand
    and i know more i just cant think of any

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • minas- tower [i think its Sindarian]
    celeb- silver in quenya
    anga- iron in sindarian
    anca- jaw
    alda- tree in quenya..............thats all i remember so far......wait ummmmmmmm....helka- ice in quenya :P

i understood most of the book the first time and by the second time i understood it almost completely.
    Hey igtica what LoTR web site are u a mod of ?????????
    I personally don't care for dwarves :P
    Ents are old but they are not as old as middle earth..they were created when dwarfs were created and came into the world when dwarves awoke from their set sleep.

barog- demon[actually demon of might] in sindarian.......i just remembered it

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • Sorry spelling error........it is Balrog ^_^.
    So are the silmarils red, yellow and green or are they all one colour as i think they are????? I ask this question as i have heard other people say that they are different colours but i never saw that in the books.

100marios

Years
  • I'm so happy! My sister (older sister) went on a field trip in school to the Rennisance (I don't know how to spell it) festival dressed up and such. She hade a cape with a hood, she had a dress, and she put her hair up in a majestic sorta way. At first glance, you would think she was Arwen! She looked just like her! Her dress looked just like Arwen and everything. She said she had a whole lotta fun. (My class didn't go...boohoo...) They had joustling and human chess, and a lot of cool things.Some people even wanted to take pictures with her, and when she went into Old Navy later, I bet you know who people thought she looked like hehe. She even said that they had a lot of Lotr things. When she came home, she was wearing elf ears!
    She brought a few things home, and even something for me!
    I wasn't expecting much, but she suprised me when she showed me what she got. She wrapped it in a little towel and extended the handle towards me.
    ......what happened next was exactly what happnened between Elrond and Aragorn in the Rotk movie, except I was Aragorn and she was Elrond hehe.
    Yes, it was a little sword. It's so cool! It looks like Anduril, except there are 2 little sapphire looking gems on the handle. She said I would've had a lot of fun there......chances are I'll go when I get to 11th grade too hehe.

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
  • I really wanted to go see that Lotr exhibition they're holding in Wellington but I'm in Auckland and the chances of me going there for a holiday is somewhere around less than 5 percent...*sniff*

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • Aww poor Aimy. I went to the exhibtion when it was in London. It was amazing. If that 5% happens then you'll love it ;)

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
  • LUCKY YOU! *tries to strangle herself out of jealousy but doesn't work out quite well*...
    say isnt "mae govannen" =hello,grettings in elvish and "amari" =goodbye? Don't know much, just read the book and watched the movies. I tried to learn elvish once but...

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • lol your right! In quenya I believe. I have no idea really...can't speak french let alone try elvish. but all my WoTR friends say that to me when I say hi :p a few know elvish too. Awww don't strangle yourself! You'll get the chance one day I'm sure :)

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
  • Remember ages ago when I said Tolkien got the Ents idea from Macbeth? Our english teacher is making us read that play now...I can't understand what they're saying! It's even worse than Romeo and Juliet! *throws the book out the window, then gasp and dive after it realizing she still needs to hand it back to the teacher at the end of the term*

100marios

Years
  • Aimy said:
    Remember ages ago when I said Tolkien got the Ents idea from Macbeth? Our english teacher is making us read that play now...I can't understand what they're saying! It's even worse than Romeo and Juliet! *throws the book out the window, then gasp and dive after it realizing she still needs to hand it back to the teacher at the end of the term*
    Hehe, my sister actually liked the MacBeth stories a lot!
    ....oh, I want to go see Rotk...
    *says in Theoden voice*
    one last time!....in the theater! It's just not the same watching it in your house.....

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • I've read Romeo and Juliet and its really bad so if Macbeth is worse then i really feel soory for u ^_^.
    Has anyone finished reading Lost Tales - i find it to be half as captivating than any of the other books, not even the parts omitted from the Silmarillion i enjoyed.....can u believe he was putting down Telperion in favour of Lauralin????Its insanity Lauralin seems so blah in comparison to Telperion.

Last edited:

100marios

Years
  • Well this is defenitely very late but.....
    Rotk won best picture! Wahoo! I knew it would, although Fantasy films aren't exactly whats favored. It also won for best score (I loved that music!) and best Director, but best picture is what tops it all off!

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
  • That's great news *although I think old news* but I missed that on TV cos of stupid maths homework so Peter finally got his wish...

Back