• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Losing touch with Pokemon...?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    The times have changed for me, and they have shown.

Seven years ago, Age 8: Pokemon just came out. I'm beginning to like it...

Five years ago, Age 10: Completely hooked. Can't afford the game, so I spend all my free time borrowing a friend's.

Three years ago, Age 12: Anime...meh, not so much now. Awaiting the new Pokemon games for GBA, I was very eager.

Two years ago, Age 13: Got R/S! I'm hooked, my gaming experience has reached its peak.

18 months ago, Age 14: R/S is beginning to bore me...the anime is pretty much shot now.

12 months ago, Age 14: Maybe FR/LG can rekindle my losing fire...because I don't like Pokemon that much anymore...

6 months ago, Age 15: I don't like Pokemon as nearly as much as I did before, but it's still stuck with me.

Now, age 15: I still have Pokemon as an occasional hobby, but it's not top priority anymore. Sometimes, it's bottom...guess that means I'm growing up...I do plan on getting XD though...maybe it'll rekindle my spirit...

Have you felt the way I do, like you're losing your love of Pokemon gradually, but surely?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I used to love it but ever since I lost my FR game, I havent. I lost it a few months ago.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    I'm not as obssessed as when was in primary6.

And I guess obsession is not a good thing anyway

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    1996: Play it at cousins house "WOW! This game is great!"

1998: Get a Gameboy, the first game being Pokemon Green version.

1999: Actually pre-order Pokemon Silver while in Japan. Gets it a few months later, and becomes really happy.

2001: Pokemon becomes lame to most people, including me.

- Huge gap -

2004: Looks at a fansite dedicated to Gardevoir. Love for Pokemon ignites again.
    Then, buys Emerald two weeks after it's release in Japan.

2005, now: I love Pokemon. I love Gardevoir.
    Not much obsessed as in 1998, but still love it.

My obsession definetly died a few years ago, but it revived again XD

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    I don't have a timeline, but I'm not AS obsessed as I was when it just came out. (Woah, I was...six!)

But maybe its because where I live, admitting you like Pokemon/Anime/Manga pretty much makes you lose Social Status...

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
    The Anime needs to STOP following the game,stick to a story,and hopefully end it. The Games have also gotten reptitive. I'm tired of looking at new "Pre-evolutions" in the next 6 years,there will be 1,000 pokemon in total.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    kohei said:
    1996: Play it at cousins house "WOW! This game is great!"

1998: Get a Gameboy, the first game being Pokemon Green version.

1999: Actually pre-order Pokemon Silver while in Japan. Gets it a few months later, and becomes really happy.

2001: Pokemon becomes lame to most people, including me.

- Huge gap -

2004: Looks at a fansite dedicated to Gardevoir. Love for Pokemon ignites again.
    Then, buys Emerald two weeks after it's release in Japan.

2005, now: I love Pokemon. I love Gardevoir.
    Not much obsessed as in 1998, but still love it.

My obsession definetly died a few years ago, but it revived again XD
    XD
    A lot of older Pokemon fans like Pokemon again because of Gardevoir! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Same here,i lost touch with pokemon from year 2003 and 2004...now 2005 a brand new year i love pokemon again but not as obbessed with pokemon when it was first released(the first gen pokemon ) XD

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Gah, nothing has changed in my obsession of pokemon, it goes on and off actually..and the only thing that changed is the Anime. I dont like it as much now that the old group(Ash, Misty, And Brock) evolved into subtracting Misty and adding two boring characters. But as I said my losing in "touch" with Pokemon is on and off, like house lights, except without the lights and the house...XD

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    I have ever loved Pok?mon.

1999: Saw some frinds playing Red and Blue versions. In 2 months I was the best playing it on my school!

2000: I got my first gameboy with Yellow, in 1 month my Pidgeot lv 74

2001: Got Silver, I loved the new Pok?mon and I knew the Dex by heart.

2002: Got Crystal, the flame strated to down.

2002-2004: My love for Pok?mon was only kept in my search for the 251 Pok?mon, which I got on Pok?mon Silver. After that it almost finished until...

2004: Everybody in my school, including me, downloaded the rom of Pok?mon Ruby and Sapphire. This was where I started to love Mudkip and its evolutions.
    I got the real game a month after it came to Portugal and thought was the best Pok?mon game I had ever played. (Right now, I think Silver was better). My first register at a Pok?mon forum: ZEO and begining to fake.

2005: I got Fire Red and my friend Felips got Leaf Green (we are like Pok?mon rivals). I'm trying to collect all 386 pok?mon, at the moment I have 315, including Gardevoir.
    My flame is getting real low 'cause of my friends pression to me to leave it. The only thing that keep me at it is the Faking and the forums. Register here, at SPPF and at Emerald Islands.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    *note: All these dates are approximate

1995: I was born.
    1999: First saw Pokemon. Could barely read. Loved it.
    2003: Was playing G/S. Became obsessed with Pokemon.
    2005: Got Pokemon Ruby and FireRed. Pokemon obsession had pretty mcuh died off by then.
    Later in 2005: Became obsessed with Dragons. Saw the ultimate coolness of Dragon-types. Dying embers of Pokemon love burst into flame.

I have Dragons to thank for this XD

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    *approximate dates*

1997: Bought Pokemon red so I could have something fun to play on a road trip. Was hooked on it after the first 10 minutes.

1998: Went to go see the first Pokemon movie. Loved it.

2000: Saw the second movie. Loved it.

2000 (holiday season): Bought both gold and silver. Became obsessed with Sneasel.

2002: Stopped watching the anime. Still liked the games.

2003: Bought Sapphire. Loved it. Favorite PKMN site of mine died. Was getting more into other anime. Almost completely lost interest.

2004: Favorite site opened back up. Started liking PKMN quite a bit again. Favorite Pokemon = still Sneasel.

2005: Bought Emerald. Joined PC. Became obsessed with Pokemon again.

...I started to lose touch with it for a while there, but I'm really into it now XD. Meh, as long as they don't do something totally stupid to the new games, I'll probably still be into it until they run out of ideas for pokemon and start messing up the games as much as the anime. Until then, w00t!

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
    Years
    I'm no longer fanatic, but there's something about the Pokemon world that still attracts me.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    1998- Became interested in the pokemon anime

1999- got the official pokemon handbook, fell in love with pokemon

Late 1999- Got Yellow Version, was completely hooked. (also started my love of video games)

2000: Got Gold and Silver, obcession greater than ever

2001: Got Crystal, obcession still good, but losing speed.

2002: Lost interest in pokemon...until Ruby/Saphhire came out. I was again hooked.

2003-early 2005: Obcession died down until I got Emerald

Mid 2005: Got Fire Red, obcession good

Now: FR and Emerald bore me, losing interest. Waiting for Diamond/Pearl to hook me again.

Years
    Very good thread! O_O
    Okay, tch, here's mine...

14: Pkmn comes inta my country, I dunno a thing about it.
    2 weeks later: I learn of its existence an' start becomin' hooed ta it, with TCG, GB games an' everything. I'm totally hooked to tha series, learnin' 'bout their abilities, collectin' TCG, etc..

14 1/4: I get Blue an' play on it like there's no tomorrah, tch, I still know most of tha trainer lines even to this day.

14 1/2:Trading cards like mad, playin' on Blue like a junkie, an' watchin' tha series. I'm totally obsessed, Dragonite, Charizard, Mewtwo, Magmar, Ninetales, an' a few others, I also start ta LOVE Charizard an' Ninetales.

14 3/4: Pkmn stops being aired, fad slowly starts ta die, I desperately Struggle ta not let it happen, but it is obviously in vain

15: Pkmn series re-starts from ep 1, freezing pkmn's decline, but not bringing it back. I buy Silver an' play on it like an addict. My first contact with the internet takes place then. I go to an internet cafe for walkthroughs.

3 months later: Hischool takes me apart from pkmn an' my pkmn fan-ish friends, big major crashdown, pkmn series stops being aired, I fall inta a depression that will later on take me tto tha point where I wanna commit suicide.

15 3/4: I long for pkmn, I miss it badly, tha fad is gone, I feel empty and depressed deep inside. Ruby an' Sapphire bring back tha light in my heart, showin' me that out there in other more civillized countries, pkmn lives on, but I still have no pkmn-lovin' friends. All I ever get ta do is look through my dusty cards every now an' then, an' dld pkmn ROMs. My only contact with tha pkmn world is now a crappy dialup internet. Depression worsens.

16: My "birthday present" was Rayquaza. Yeah I caught it a day AFTER my b-day, but a legendary Dragon. ^______^ Depression fades away... for 'bout 3 months.

16 1/2: I discover tha Mew glitch in RBY all by myself an' start re-playin' pkmn Blue for a while. Also tha DragonHeart movie that airs on TV an about tha same time takes away part of my pkmn-avidity depression.

17: Pkmn at its deadest. Ppl've completly forgot about it, it has become only a tiny flicker in my heart. I'm getting over tha depression, but my life remains boring and sucky. I miss it alot. I start thinking that I have ta get over it, but I continue ta refuse ta let go of it all.

17 1/2: Pkmn FR an' LG are tha best thing pkmn games've ever done for me. Bringing back memories of glory, these games are even to this day my favourite pkmn games.
    I got myself a GBA an' am tryin' ta eep it alive on it by getting RS an'FR an' LG. Mom sees 3rd movie and FINALLY stops saying "stop watching that crappy show and playing those dumb games", which hurt ALOT.

17 3/4: FR an' LG's magicis half fading. Perhaps tha most important moment in all of my pkmn history. I get interested in fanfics and end up here at PC. One day I start viewing a certain thread and discover Porygon here, with whom I have Draconization in common, fact which I believed to be impossible. Expenses here on dialup are different. Staying online counts in money as much as talking on tha phone, so I only get a few days of 4 hours each here before tha phone bill stops me from visiting it any further.
    Great efforts are made to move to a cable connection. PC becomes a mandatory source of pkmn fans with which I must be. I go through hell waiting for the new connection.

2 weeks later: I somehow manage to get on a wireless connection and have an MSN convo with Porygon. Any and all remenants of my longing for pkmn is totally shattered.

2 months later: The connection finally arrives!!!! I get on PC and start posting like mad. Having so many pkmn-loving friends tha fad re-awakens in me more than ever.
    18, present day: Pkmn is back an' fully installed in my heart. I've never felt better in my entire life!! ^_^

Pok?mon has changed my life in so many ways...

Years
    I know my own obsession with pokemon has died down over time. When I first got into it back in 1998, I tried to make sure I didn't miss an episode of the show, and I played the game (I had blue version at the time) quite a bit back then...

But over the years, I've lost interest in the show, and in the games, though I still try to play the games once every so often. If it weren't for fanart and roleplaying, my liking for pokemon might've died out completely by now...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    The lowest point of my obsession was in my early years of middle school. But then a depression bought back my love.
    Honestly, I think I love Pokemon more than I did before 2001, actually I think I love Pokemon 10x more than before. Thank you Cassidy, Misty and Clair THANK YOU!

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    I don't really like pokemon that much, even though I get to see the show every saturday. I think that FMA is pulling me away..

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
    Dates might be a bit off, so feel free to correct me.

Christmas 1998- Red and Blue came out a few months before and I had gotten Red and my sister got Blue. I also started watched the anime.

Early-Mid 2000- I remember I had to go to the bathroom pretty badly while the first episode of Johto came on. I waited until commercials came on. ^^;;

Early 2001- Somehow my interrest in Pokemon dropped steeply and thought the whole thing was dead for some reason.

*2 year gap*

Early 2003- I decided to check up on the Pokemon news out of bordom. I find out about R/S and the new anime series playing. So my interest sparked up again and fell in love with several of the new Pokemon (including the Ralts and Mudkip line).

Presently- My love for Pokemon is winding down, but at a less incline like last time. The anime I once liked was now turned into a predictible, babyish show with special ed kids as writers for the newest season (my opinion, no hating pls). The games look promising as always, but I am/was too poor to buy the countless new consoles and games coming out every year. That's why the most recent game regarding to generations is Pokemon Silver.Silver. I'm moving on to new, and better animes to watch; like One Piece and Bleach (aww heck, maybe throw in Sonic X too! I'm still deciding if that's good or not LAWL).

And that's my Pokemon life story.

Back