• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Loving it or Not so much?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    So far, I'm loving it! It's pretty fun, and a lot of Pokemon to catch in even the first few routes.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Really enjoying it so far. It's all a bit overwhelming though. There's just so much to look at.

Only issue really, so many different pokemon on the first routes and I still can't choose a second team member....

Last edited:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I'm so jealous, I'm not going to be getting it until Tuesday :I

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

This is my second Pokemon game and it is so far better than Pokemon Black 2. I honestly don't mind the new region.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Just came off of my first session that has lasted 8 hours. It's so addicting. The best part is, I've only just got two badges, so there is still so much to enjoy XD

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    This is the first non-remake game to give me the same feeling as the first two gens. Loving this game, it might actually be my new favorite generation.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
    As a lot of people have said, the visuals are fantastic. The 3D effect in battles is stunning, and character customisation...Just... Wow

It's obvious how much work has gone into this, from the region to the mega evolutions to everything else. As people have said, it'd be cool if the roller skates weren't compulsory for normal travel, but the other thing that's a bit, meh, is the pickiness of the 3D. Single battle? It's on. Traversing? Off. Some cutscenes? On. Double battles? Off. Can you see the problem here? The game is great, even without 3D, but it does feel that the 3D aspect is a little picky.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Im loving it... on my 3rd hour playing, just the skates annoy the heck out of my, but besides that its great.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Visuals: Meh. Nothing special.
    Framerate: smooth 30fps in overworld but big drops in battles. Sucks.
    3D: Worst in the system
    Graphics: Pretty weak. No anti-aliasing or proper lightning. The geometry is low. Textures are terrible. And blob shadows.

Eveyrthng else? Pretty good so far! Better than Gen 4, 5 and 2.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I made a list earlier about my gripes with the games:

-can't take off roller skates
    -can't customize PSS
    -PSS is not well organized IMO
    -confusing camera in Lumiose City and other areas
    -confusing game mechanics, like Poké Miles (never really formally explained)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    I am loving the game, the skates don't bother me because I just use the D-pad the whole time like I did in all the other games.
    The battles are awesome as well

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I like it so far, first i was a bit vary because the last 3d ish game i played was zelda on the ds, and before Final fantasy, and I am more known for my 2d games, but it's quite cool :D. Also It is unusal for me to take the grass starter first, hasnt happened since bulbasaur. haha. I callled mine cheddar. but looks lovely, I like the forest looks great :D I like that you finally get points for caught pokes too.

I am playing on the 2ds they didnt have a normal 3ds so but i am getting used to not having a tiltable screen.

Sirfetch’d

I can without a hair of doubt say that I am enjoying this game and it far exceeds the expectations that I had set for it which were already sky high. I have never seen a Pokemon that was so visually appealing and had so much to do and so many places to explore. I have been playing now for about 7 hours and I only have one gym badge. I can complete the entire game in previous generations in that amount of time. The amount of Pokemon available are is simply astounding, the new Pokemon that were introduced are all each so amazing, and just overall there couldn't be a better selection of Pokemon implemented. All of the new features such as Super Training, the Amie, roller skates, customization, etc. are really what separates these games from the pack and I am loving every bit of this. Well done Game Freak.

Years
    I've played about 6 hours in without any badges. There are just so many Pokemon per route, it almost feels oversaturated.

I really enjoy the graphics, I guess I can understand some peoples complaints, I really have a sneaking suspicion that this game was far more designed with 2DS in mind though, because alot of the frame rate drops happen during 3D sections. Even if it's not the best looking game on the 3DS it's MILES ahead of any previous instalments.

I haven't really delved into Super Training yet because I usually don't even start the competitive stuff until after I beat the main story. I'm really like Amie though! It brings another level of immersion to the game and the mini games are fun, but I can see them starting to get repetitive after awhile.

The spread of New Pokemon is really slim, but I guess I don't care so much because I get the pleasure of seeing some of my old favourites fully realised with a slick art style.

Mudkip.

ミズゴロウ
    Years
    I'm loving it so far. I've been playing it for a good 6 hours now and I'm really enjoying it. I can easily say this is the best Pokemon game I've played so far. :3

Back