• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Loving it or Not so much?

Years
  • On an overall scale, I will say that I am in love with the games! So much that as soon as I finish my Y version, I want to move on and do it all over again with X version as well! However, the one thing I dislike is how when 3D mode is enabled during battles, it lags quite a bit, which sucks.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    On an overall scale, I will say that I am in love with the games! So much that as soon as I finish my Y version, I want to move on and do it all over again with X version as well! However, the one thing I dislike is how when 3D mode is enabled during battles, it lags quite a bit, which sucks.

Yeah, I agree. I find that I play with the 3D off more than I do on- although it's more due to a habit of moving around a lot (it's enthusiasm! {XD} ) when I play. But I have noticed (and posted about) the lag...

Still a magnificent game, I am definitely going to try Y after I finish X.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Loving it so far! I'm trying to take it slow with lots of breaks so I don't rush through the entire thing ;) Got to give a shout out to Pokémon-Amie, it's really caught my imagination a lot more than I thought it would!

The 3D models are gorgeous and being a big Sugimori fan it's amazing to see his art style come to life :)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I think it's great, koffi~

The frame rate does not affect me as I did not want the 3D effect to begin with. The 2DS fits nicely in my hands and I have no issues with it.

Regarding the game. It's fantastic. The visuals compared to the other entries in the series are much improved. I enjoy all of the little things they've put in here and so far it's exceeding the sub-par aspect that I now measure everything against. So, compared to the suck-fest that was The Last of Us? It blows it out of the water without much effort. All the improvements they've poured into the games are all appreciated. However, there is a slew of old Pokemon mixed in with the new Pokemon in the tall grass; but that's not going to be too much of a problem because of the ability to breed them. Overall, I'd give it top marks.

Also, those that complain of the dropped rate, I want you to try playing Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire. Until you have done this, I feel that you have not the ability to properly judge how bad something lags. Once you take the Prescription above, you will be amazed at how fast everything else responds. Or just turn off the cheesy 3D. You could always do that, koff~

Last edited:

bassnerd

The Electric Bassist
    Years
  • AWESOME game! The attention to detail and use of the 3D feature is fantastic... I'm also diggin' all the new built in widgets, like Pokemon Amie (even though I don't use them too much, haha).
    One little complaint though - the gym leaders are too easy. By the time I got to Viola, my Fennekin/Braixen was at level 20 or so and that... against a bug type Pokemon... let's just say there wasn't much of a fight, haha.

Years
  • So im liking most things. dont really understand some of the camera angles, the miles thing, and why some of the pokés look fat to me or misper-portioned. all in all im enjoying the play through and cant wait for the pokébank to open so i can restart and do it all over again.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
  • People need to stop complaining about the lack of new Pokemon. I mean I understand it is way fewer than past generations but Pokemon X Y had to create 3D models for all the Pokemon already existing and possibly revamp/change their abilities, movesets, typings, etc.

I wish there were more Pokemon too but I'm content with what is given.

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I'm having a grand ol' time. I'm 20 hours in and I haven't even gotten my second badge yet. I've been too busy Super Training, breeding, attempting to catch Pokemon with ideal natures, trading, etc. I spent an hour toying with the PR Video creator. It's pretty robust.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • So far I'm loving the game - it easily took the #1 spot for my favorite Pokemon game away from B2/W2. I haven't given it a rest. Lots of great graphics, huge map I already feel like I explored a lot and only have two badges so far.

I'm really in love and addicted to Pokemon Amie!! love bonding and playing with my Mienfoo.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I love it so much I'm going to die because I can't stop playing.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm really loving this generation, from the graphics to the little feature like bending down to kids when you speak to them etc.

The only and major disappointment for me is the severe lack of new Pokemon. I went into EB Games today to buy Pokemon Y thinking there's going to be a whole new brad range of Pokemon to choose from, when in fact there's just that little amount of new Pokemon. It's really getting on my nerves having to walk into a path of grass, hoping that you'll come across an amazing all-new Pokemon when instead you find a Psyduck or an Oddish for the umpteenth time. It's ridiculous.

If I want to play and use older generation Pokemon then I've got RBY, GSC, FRLG, RSE, HGSS, DPPt and B2W2 to do so. I was expecting an abundance of new Pokemon but instead I've gotten the same old Pokemon recycled into 3D and slapped with a Mega Evolution. And some of the new Pokemon I've encountered I've loved, but many I think are plain silly - a keychain Pokemon? Seriously?

Game Freak are losing their creative touch, and are starting to get lazy. One might argue "quality over quantity" but I'd rather 100 new Pokemon with a few diamonds in the rough than around 50 with about one or two Pokemon gems.

Le Sigh
    I disagree there's still some quality Pokemon in my opinion. I mean sure a keychain is a bit ridiculous and this is gonna sound cliches but you gotta remember dozens of Pokemon are dazed off inanimate objects (like a magnet seriously??? Or a smiley face blob seriously?? A bunch of letters seriously? Ice Cream? Rocks? I could go on.) so in a way you're saying Game Freak has always been lazy. Yeah it's cliche but rather true. There's no definition of what a Pokemon could be, there's millions of things in this world that can be turned into Pokemon and personally I'm fine with Pokemon like keychains and swords. I'd be fineif they made a freaking lightbulb Pokemon! And I don't think having only 70ish new Pokemon and adding Mega Evolutions isn't lazy either. I haven't played the games yet, but Mega Evolutions sounds like an innovating idea to me. GameFreak even pretty much said that themselves. It's all about balancing battles more:

Junichi Masuda said:
    Game Freak really believed that the evolution, the concept of evolution, is one of the defining characteristics of the Pokemon games—it always has been, since the beginning. With Pokemon X & Y we had three main themes, one was beauty, one was bonds, like the bonds between people and Pokemon, and the third was evolution.

And so on the concept of evolution, we really wanted to take that defining characteristic with the series, and see if we could do something new with it, take it to the next level. But we knew that we had to keep the balance of the battles…after discussing with the team how we could do this, keep the battle balanced and introduce a new stage of evolution, we came up with the idea to require a held item—a mega stone—be held by the Pokemon, and also have mega evolutions be something that only happens during battles.

So what this does, it adds a bit more depth to the battles, because you have to hold this Mega stone in order to Mega evolve…that means you can't hold another item that may be quite useful…so this kind of creates battles with even more depth

So yeah nothing wrong with Megas in my opinion when I play the game I think I'll find them helpful. I honestly have no problem with 70 ish new Pokemon we got cause I think there were still some very quality ones and we some of things I've always wanted Pokemon to be based off (Pancham a legit panda and not a red panda like Spinda, A T-Rex, a legit lion, a robin, a slug, a hawk a wrestling hawk at that!, a poodle a evil/possessed tree, a pumpkin, a squid, a weedy-seadragon (Horsea don't count) , a shrimp, and even a ghost-sword to an extent). Along with that they have very interesting types (Fire/Normal, Steel/Ghost, Fighting/Flying , Ghost/Grass) and interesting new evolution method such as Pancham evolving with a Dark type in the party, Sligoo evolving in the rain, and Inkay evolvimg when turning the 3DS upside-down. Plus the lack of Pokemon seems to be made up with the features introduced such as Pokemon-Amie and trainer customization. And all that to me at least makes up for the lack of new Pokemon.

Or that's what I think. I honestly can't wait to try the game myself and see what I think. From reading these posts though, I'm in for a heck of a good ride.

Edit: I think the idea of Klefti or the keychain Pokemon is based on the idea of fairies who like to steal people keys and mess with people. Hince it's name coming from Klepht or the Greek word for "thief" or kleptomaniac and klefi. And then there's Vivillon whose patterns changes depending on what region you're playing the games. SEE there's still some very original and non-lazy ideas if you know the origins behind their concept.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

My only gripe so far is that 3D framerate tends to drop to embarassingly low levels, but other than that, liking the game so far.

Years
  • I like the game but it is frustrating how easy it is. I haven't been grinding or anything like that but when I reach the gym leaders all my pokemon are far higher levelled and the gap seemingly gets larger as I go on. A difficulty setting was really needed for this and I am disappointed they again overlooked it. Oh, and no left hand controls for Super Training is just lazy.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I'm liking it, but as someone mentioned, it's kind of disappointing running into gen 1 pokemon when you run into the grass 2 minutes into the game >_>

It's understandable there aren't -as many- new pokemons due to them having to make new 3D sprites for ALL pokemon, but it's still disappointing.

And speaking of new pokemon, like literally 50 of them look really ugly. Only ones I'm liking are noibat or something and his evolution, chespin + evolutions, froakie + evolutions and the t-rex like fossil. Rest of the pokemon look really meh to me.

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
    Years
  • My review of Pokemon X and Y

I wrote this review before I finished the game. I'd have to say that it's still my favourite in the series, however, the post-game is sucky waiting for someone to discover all the content that Game Freak has hidden for people who have finished the game, or waiting for Game Freak to release their DLC. Either way I am not accepting it as a complete Pokemon game until I get my endgame content.

Anyway, here's my review of Pokemon X and Y. Let me know what you think.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    It's amazing, I like to take my time and go slowly with it (only about 1 hour a day).
    I love the new roller-blades which are way cooler than the bike :D

Back