• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks for your understanding. Yes this is labor of love. We've put a lot of effort into it and will be adding more cool features in the future.
    We've actually implemented two more suggestions from you, cannot wait to show them to you. Unfortunately I can't show you much until we're actually in the App Store.

@Pokafreak: Yeah our initial planning might've been slightly too positive, but most of the delay was caused by the launch of a competitor app. Because of that we realized that we had to make lukomon greater and better. We want lukomon to leave a great first impression.
    We ensured that our app is great to use and look at. We also implemented more features. Also, it's pretty complicated to work with such a big amount of data, we underestimated that.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Awesome app! I'm definitely gonna use installous to get it for free buy it when its finished!

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • I'm guessing it's not free :3

And does it work on iPad? Although it's my mom's, and I doubt she'll let me get it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    We will introduce lukomon for a low price and after three weeks or so it will be available for the normal price. And the normal price will also be affordable :-) We're also still discussing a free version but we're not sure about that.

We're interested in developing for the iPad but iPhone/iPod Touch and Android are obviously our target right now.
    Forgot to mention that all iPhone apps are available with the iPad AFAIK. Just no iPad specific features for now :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Is there any estimated release date? I am extremely interested in purchasing this app for tournament training, and obviously this is looking to be a great app.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Ah its been awhile since i posted in this thread, but ive been patiently watching every day.

Anywhooo...release date :P?

Oh and news on the other pokedex app, it appears as though it has info about ALL generations of pokemon games... although, all the info in that app such as location info is bare minimum, meaning just if its in the wild or not, and where. No special things like what time etc. Even if you can get the pokemon in that game, if its not in the wild, it wont appear on the app.

so just some information for you to compete with or whatevs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hey!

We are trying to submit this week but to avoid any more disappointment we can't give you a specific date. Sorry for the wait.
    Implementing data from the older generations is easy once you know how to handle veekun's data.. we might do it in the future but I don't see any much need for it. For now we're focussing on features.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2011
    I seriously hope that it will be soon, it will be so helpful for me now more then ever.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hey!

We are trying to submit this week but to avoid any more disappointment we can't give you a specific date. Sorry for the wait.
    Implementing data from the older generations is easy once you know how to handle veekun's data.. we might do it in the future but I don't see any much need for it. For now we're focussing on features.
    No worry! Quite honestly, I think you've outdone yourselves with this app; so far, there are more than enough features for a first version of the program. With so much stuff there might not be any incentive to upgrade to a newer version later :)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I have the AAA Pokedex, from the looks it has about the same features that Lukomon's Pokedex has from the description and it has all the information that I need about any Pokemon, it's awesome. No more Serebii, only for WiFi events and other stuff. :classic:

sonlen

Hacking Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2011
    I have the AAA Pokedex, from the looks it has about the same features that Lukomon's Pokedex has from the description and it has all the information that I need about any Pokemon, it's awesome. No more Serebii, only for WiFi events and other stuff. :classic:
    Except the fact that it isn't updated for HG/SS and it doesn't have item locations

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Hey Kombo, I read that you're going to be implementing EVs along with your Stats. That's awsome. I was starting to make a Pokédex App of my own with all the same features but it seems you beat me to it. Although I do have one thing to ask you haven't said yet, unless I missed it. lol Have you thought about being able to search by EVs? Such as looking for Pokémon who specifically give EVs in Attack and then sorting them from 3 down to 1, leaving out the ones that don't give EVs in attack.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2011
    Hey Kombo, I read that you're going to be implementing EVs along with your Stats. That's awsome. I was starting to make a Pokédex App of my own with all the same features but it seems you beat me to it. Although I do have one thing to ask you haven't said yet, unless I missed it. lol Have you thought about being able to search by EVs? Such as looking for Pokémon who specifically give EVs in Attack and then sorting them from 3 down to 1, leaving out the ones that don't give EVs in attack.

I think it's a great idea, but it would push the release date back even further, maybe a great update though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Eeohnex: I think we've done a great job at the functional and graphical design of our app, over the competing app.
    Eclipsed Gaia: I'm not that big of a competitive battler myself so I have to do some research about EV stats. Sounds good though :-) I'll put it on the list for an update.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    ive been lookin for a pokedex app, n im usin Pokedroid right now n its ok, but i need more from it......do u plan on addin the nature list n wat they give for each one??

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    That would be an epic update!!! I found this awesome list of EV yield on Bulbapedia that you can even sort. Downside is, not one Pokedex App has this feature. Just put "List of Pokémon by effort value yield" in the Bulbapedia search bar. I'd post the link, but I apparently can't do that without 15 posts first. Lol

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • wow this looks so awesome. now i want to go buy a new phone or ipod just to get this. it will be so helpful im always looking something up

Giovanni

Team Rocket Leader
    Years
  • I'm getting an iPod Touch Sometime this month or next month so i'll be sure to get this, looks great! :D

It's annoying when i'm stuck on a game i.e where to find a pokemon I always have to goto my computer and look it up on serebii but with this I could just do it instantly! :P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • awesome !
    My iPod Touch is back on its tracks after a major jailbreak and delete hit !
    I already put all my music back and the apps are next ! This will most definetly be a must-buy ! I can't wait =D !!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back