• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga vs Anime

hoennshipperxxx

pokémonmaster in training
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    you guys are all sooo my type!

finnaly ppl who don't like ash and team rocket but do love the manga characters!!

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    The manga is so much better then the anime, not only does it have decent characters, the manga has something that the anime will never have, a plot.

Have you noticed that the anime has been remaking the same story over and over again?

Ash: "Ah... I wanna be a Pokémon Master...Oh no it's Team Rocket..."
    Team Rocket: "Prepare for trouble 'n stuff..."
    Ash: "Pikachu, use Thunder whatever..."
    Writer 1: "So... What do we do now?"
    Writer 2: "I have an idea..."
    Team Rocket: "Team Rocket's blasting of again..."
    Writer 1: "Wow.. Where so good..."

hoennshipperxxx

pokémonmaster in training
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    The manga is so much better then the anime, not only does it have decent characters, the manga has something that the anime will never have, a plot.

Have you noticed that the anime has been remaking the same story over and over again?

Ash: "Ah... I wanna be a Pokémon Master...Oh no it's Team Rocket..."
    Team Rocket: "Prepare for trouble 'n stuff..."
    Ash: "Pikachu, use Thunder whatever..."
    Writer 1: "So... What do we do now?"
    Writer 2: "I have an idea..."
    Team Rocket: "Team Rocket's blasting of again..."
    Writer 1: "Wow.. We're so good..."

ouch! XD
    that one must come harsh!

i also hate that judge guy in the contest: thanks, you're all so remarkable!
    that was remarkable!
    man i hate that stupid guy...

i hope that they will realize that nobody will be liking it anymore, i'd say: stop at four regions!

if they would have just made a anime out of the manga, than the young AND the old kids will be happy....
    but they probably never will...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • At least they have brains in the manga.

You'd think by now, the anime characters(yes, Ash, I'm talking to you) would notice idiotic Team Rocket. The only thing Jessie and James are good for are a few laughs and RocketShipping. Giovanni at least has a brain in the manga and would've fired them, probably in the first season, too.

The plot is a lot better, and not repetitive like the anime.

Anime: Oh! A new Pokemon, a new friend/rival, a battle, Team Rocket blasts off again, ending in the sunset and continue on their journey...
    Manga: Something happens and domino effects everything else to where I can't explain because, like I said, it's not repetitive.

Meaning:

Manga > Anime

KageRyuu

The Shadow Dragon
    Years
  • OMG I hate the Anime so much. No offense to anyone who loves it, but the Manga is so much better. Its alot more...adult, and theres more plot, and theres more twists. I love it, not the same old. "Lets catch Pikachu" theme. OMG why dosent team rocket just catch one? Lol...But anyway. The Manga/ Video games are so much better than the Anime. Oh they did btw incorporate some of the video game into the anime, just gold/crystal appeared,lol. It was that Pokemon Chronicles bull crap that they showed for a little bit. Any, im pretty sure in the Anime never showed a Charmeleon ripping an Arbok in half, or a Kadabra punching open a Blastoise. Or the actual removal of a slowpokes tail?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Any, im pretty sure in the Anime never showed a Charmeleon ripping an Arbok in half, or a Kadabra punching open a Blastoise. Or the actual removal of a slowpokes tail?

Or a pervy boy named Gold patting a girl named Blue's butt. :o

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    its doesn't really have to be that violent (even i felt slightly
    disturbed by how that chameleon simply slashed that poor arbok into half with all the guts coming out), but too little violence and its simply unrealistic and limiting.

fanh

<= Gotta eat 'em all
    Years
  • Yay! More manga lovers! :D

I used to like the anime when I was a little LITTLE girl. Now seeing Ash pisses me off. Aaand his Pikachu's attack seems to be super effective to everything o_O

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I used to like the anime when I was a little LITTLE girl. Now seeing Ash pisses me off. Aaand his Pikachu's attack seems to be super effective to everything o_O

I know. It's really annoying. When I was seven, I did like Ash...but, that didn't last long. I don't watch the anime too often, but I still know what's going on.

I hate Pikachu just for that. I really do.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • Well, In my opinion, the Manga kinda trumps the Anime in just about all aspects...
    Yes.
    Even Voice Acting xD

Really though, The Anime is repetitve, somewhat boring, and has...Dumb plots. Even the movies are getting pretty bad. I'm not sure if it's just becuase I was young or something, but the first few seasons of the Anime were pretty great...But now...I can't stand it ><

And the Manga...Well...It has awesome plots, detailed, deep characters, more mature sitiuatons...
    Gold > Brock
    But Brock is still pretty great.

Man, wouldn't it be crazy if there was an Anime of the Manga...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    At least they have brains in the manga.

You'd think by now, the anime characters(yes, Ash, I'm talking to you) would notice idiotic Team Rocket. The only thing Jessie and James are good for are a few laughs and RocketShipping. Giovanni at least has a brain in the manga and would've fired them, probably in the first season, too.

The plot is a lot better, and not repetitive like the anime.

Anime: Oh! A new Pokemon, a new friend/rival, a battle, Team Rocket blasts off again, ending in the sunset and continue on their journey...
    Manga: Something happens and domino effects everything else to where I can't explain because, like I said, it's not repetitive.

Meaning:

Manga > Anime

Speaking of team rocket in the anime. Put on a fake mustache on james and glasses on jessie with a uniform change and ash and company says "Who are you?" Like duh they see them everyday and they STILL fall for the lame crossdressing disguises they put on.

Plus a possible reason a fan gave out for the manga to not becomming an anime is that they have too many main characters. That is so much better than having new characters for each and every episode. Also ash always have new rivals in league competitons who only appear once. I mean in the manga it would be much more epic if the main characters fight each other since you see their progress.

I mean what is the deal, they make infinitely many minor characters instead of just 10 main characters and they worry about voice cast?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gold > Brock

That's a...weird comparison.

Speaking of team rocket in the anime. Put on a fake mustache on james and glasses on jessie with a uniform change and ash and company says "Who are you?" Like duh they see them everyday and they STILL fall for the lame crossdressing disguises they put on.

Plus a possible reason a fan gave out for the manga to not becomming an anime is that they have too many main characters. That is so much better than having new characters for each and every episode. Also ash always have new rivals in league competitons who only appear once. I mean in the manga it would be much more epic if the main characters fight each other since you see their progress.

I mean what is the deal, they make infinitely many minor characters instead of just 10 main characters and they worry about voice cast?

I agree here. And no, it's not just your younger age that enjoyed the first season, it really is the best. When the first season is on, I steal the remote and tell my brother how great the first season is and not to pay attention to the new ones cause they suck. He listens to everything I say, so he goes with it. That and I'll watch an episode with Drew every once in a while...I like his character, and at least he appears more than once.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hehe i think they mean the perverted-ness in them XD ... or maybe their interest in older women >=D

Oh, well in that case...

Gold > Brock

:D

Now I gotcha. Hmmm...I wanna discuss shipping now.

kyukon

pokespe fan :3
    Years
  • is this a trick question!?

manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(millions of arrows later) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

FACT!
    i can't stand the anime anymore! it full of repeat episodes!
    person has a problem
    ash shows up and helps
    team rocket shows up
    ash beats them and the person's problem is ressolved
    the end

they do that 500 times before each plot-related battle.

the manga is more straight forward, the characters actually know how to use their brains and the manga doesn't have pointless fillers.

so thusfore
    manga pwns the anime very very very very very hard. with lots of energy to spare.

fanh

<= Gotta eat 'em all
    Years
  • is this a trick question!?

manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(millions of arrows later) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

FACT!
    i can't stand the anime anymore! it full of repeat episodes!
    person has a problem
    ash shows up and helps
    team rocket shows up
    ash beats them and the person's problem is ressolved
    the end

they do that 500 times before each plot-related battle.

the manga is more straight forward, the characters actually know how to use their brains and the manga doesn't have pointless fillers.

so thusfore
    manga pwns the anime very very very very very hard. with lots of energy to spare.

I TOTALLY agree with you there 8D

LONG LIVE THE MANGA!!! :3

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Yay! More manga lovers! :D

I used to like the anime when I was a little LITTLE girl. Now seeing Ash pisses me off. Aaand his Pikachu's attack seems to be super effective to everything o_O

first of all you are still a little girl. you are 13. second if you remember in pokemon cannon ash's pikachu is level 80+ just unevolved.

try taking a level 80+ pikachu with his exact moveset. (agility, volt tackle, iron tail and thunder bolt) around from the begining of the game and see how easy it is to you

Back