• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
  • this is my region map for my hack pokemon blue sapphire

plz rate it out of 10

and give me true comments back

Shot at 2007-06-27

Name is Unduli
    I have to give this a 4/10
    The style is not of any pokemon game, the colouring is incorrect, the map itself is that aesthetically pleasing, the routes are not placed as they are in the real maps (8x8 blocks) and there are artefacts from saving it as a .jpeg, making it look crummy.

safarizoneyq3.png

This is my new Safari Zone map.
    This is one of several areas in the Safari Zone on its Island in the area of Cingulus, in my hack Pokemon Amber.
    The caves are just to add something new into the games, as a safari has never had a cave. Here there will be rarer cave dwellers as there will be most pokemon available.
    The game will be a hack of Emerald rather than FR/LG, I just used the tileset for variety. The Safari Zone will also include diving, fishing, surfing, biking, normal grassy routes and of course, caves.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2008
    Map Name: Serenity Path

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: A small little path that is right outside the starter town. The stretch of water on the bottom leads to the pokemon league.

Perfection. On a stick.
    10/10

Seriously, it looks fabulous. I love it.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • safarizoneyq3.png

This is one of several areas in the Safari Zone on its Island in the area of Cingulus, in my hack Pokemon Amber.
    The caves are just to add something new into the games, as a safari has never had a cave. Here there will be rarer cave dwellers as there will be most pokemon available.
    The game will be a hack of Emerald rather than FR/LG, I just used the tileset for variety. The Safari Zone will also include diving, fishing, surfing, biking, normal grassy routes and of course, caves.

Hmmm.... This is a very well made map. It appears to have stucture and something could be done with the people? Trainers? And I like all the caving and different cave parts. Anyways, I'd give it probably a 8/10. Maybe just because I think it could be better, but great job either way!

Icedragons

Apollo the future sun god.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    (PICTURE -SAFARI ZONE) i couldnt attach the picture here, dont know how.

The game will be a hack of Emerald rather than FR/LG, I just used the tileset for variety. The Safari Zone will also include diving, fishing, surfing, biking, normal grassy routes and of course, caves.[/QUOTE]

The map was great, i would give it a 8/10. But, above the water fall there is a small paert with water, there is a very small grass tile there at the edges.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • Ah, I see it. Thanks for pointing that out.
    This is another map from the game. It is not in its final tileset, as it is going to be Russian-themed and have snow. But anyways, here it is:
    rushkakp3.png

Icedragons

Apollo the future sun god.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    Map name -- Punktloch Island
    Map Game -- Fire red
    Comments -- This is an island as well as a small maze. This is just a pasing island in my upcomming hack.

contestmapweb.png

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • Map name -- Punktloch Island
    Map Game -- Fire red
    Comments -- This is an island as well as a small maze. This is just a pasing island in my upcomming hack.

contestmapweb.png
    There needs to be more variety in terrain. Also, try not to just hae bushes blocking the way, make it more interesting and have trees.
    On top of that, there are a few errors.
    If you redo it, I will give you a mark out of 10.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Ah, I see it. Thanks for pointing that out.
    This is another map from the game. It is not in its final tileset, as it is going to be Russian-themed and have snow. But anyways, here it is:

can't post pictures :(
    Needs work, the bridge needs to "blend" more. 7/10

Map Name: Johto Islands

Map Game: Pokemon Icy Snow/Fire Red

Comments: These are Islands found 1,300 years after your character went on the adventure Johto. The islands are named after Johto. You arrive there after being frozen for 1,300 years.

Description: The top half is al snowy, while the bottom is hot and sunny. the bottom left island (Volt Island) has been mostly destroyed to build a Nuclear power plant. The right Island (Natural Isle), however, is untouched and is a forest preserve.

futuremoonmapidk.png

Now if I only knew how I could add this to my game easily...

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Map Name: Azure City

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: First city in the game where the previous route I posted earlier leads up to.

Warning! Huge map!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    Map Name: Androse

Map Game: Pokemon Fire Red

Comments: The first town you come to on your adventure after the starting town, Androse is a small island with abnormally sunny weather. The first town is to the south, while the eastern path continues on.

i19.photobucket.c om/albums/b172/Jeffer123/androse.png

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    dfgdfgdf.png

Map Name: Pallet Town

Game: Fire Red

Comments: Your Rivals house and your house were moved onto a strip of land on the route under Pallet Town. Which explains the bridge. Sorry for the active sprite thing. And the reason it shows Oak is because he is there when you go to walk on the route. He stops you and brings you to his lab like normal

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2008
    Here's my map...
    img264.imageshack.us/img264/8641/55228070ru7.png
    Don't bash me too much:p
    It's from pokemon emerald

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, I have a map that I did of Pallet town. I couldn't pallette edit under the trees so I know that's wrong and there is a little problem with the lower building, there is a mysterious black line on it so just let me know what you think.

newtiles.jpg

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Well, I have a map that I did of Pallet town. I couldn't pallette edit under the trees so I know that's wrong and there is a little problem with the lower building, there is a mysterious black line on it so just let me know what you think.

newtiles.jpg

Very Nice and Detailed, But you can tell that it is a Slightly edited Pallet Town, you get a 8.5/10. (If you don't know how to Palette edit the Trees you can PM me).

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Well, I have a map that I did of Pallet town. I couldn't pallette edit under the trees so I know that's wrong and there is a little problem with the lower building, there is a mysterious black line on it so just let me know what you think.

newtiles.jpg

Thats pretty nice. 7/10. But note that: The house in the left bottom corner, there tiles need to be switched. The door has to be on the left side, then place the windows on the right.

Heh, nice job overall.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2008
    A bit simple, but nice, I like it;)
    7/10
    PS: Why the hell is a postsign in front of the pokecenter's door?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back